The College Basketball Post

Wish the power 5 would just set up their own postseason tournament. Funnel more of the money back to the schools and players. Or some other solution.

PJ Washington’s dad is driving an Uber in the off-season and Bagley’s folks are getting checks from Nike and Zion’s family is in a mansion for the season.:lol:

Not saying Cal isn’t dropping bags but he does not have the leeway K gets.

Honestly I can see Self being used as a whipping boy before this is all over.

It’s all a joke from top to bottom anyway.

Very little of the whole system is in the interest of the top players.

It is what it is at this point man. We know which schools are dropping off bags and cheating the system.

Ncaa wouldn’t be foolish enough to death penalty or severely punish a school that’s a consistent revenue stream for them.

Even some smaller schools outside of the P5 are doing dirt.

Wish the power 5 would just set up their own postseason tournament. Funnel more of the money back to the schools and players. Or some other solution.

PJ Washington’s dad is driving an Uber in the off-season and Bagley’s folks are getting checks from Nike and Zion’s family is in a mansion for the season.:lol:

Not saying Cal isn’t dropping bags but he does not have the leeway K gets.

Honestly I can see Self being used as a whipping boy before this is all over.

It’s all a joke from top to bottom anyway.

Very little of the whole system is in the interest of the top players.

If Cal isn't given the leeway to drop the same type of bags that Coach K is, it's because he left his 2 previous schools dealing with NCAA probations.

Cal didn't cheat at Umass , Camby had dudes in his pocket
And the thing with Rose cheating on a test, how in the world could Cal have been near that? These kids have groups of people they grow up with, people in basketball circles that want to latch on, and then the grafting agents and “uncles” who would all facilitate a rigged test.

Not saying Cal has been clean by any means, but since he’s been at UK there have been a crazy amount of eyes on him.

And the thing with Rose cheating on a test, how in the world could Cal have been near that? These kids have groups of people they grow up with, people in basketball circles that want to latch on, and then the grafting agents and “uncles” who would all facilitate a rigged test.

Not saying Cal has been clean by any means, but since he’s been at UK there have been a crazy amount of eyes on him.

I mean, maybe not proof but.... Rose cheated on the test by taking it (rather, having someone else take it for him) in Detroit. WWW lived in metro Detroit, and was basically Cal's right hand man back then. Why even take an SAT test 5 hours away from where you live?

Not crazy to think that those 2 worked out a way for him to become eligible. In addition to the Rose SAT situation, there were "issues" with academic transcripts for other Cal players as well. Dozier and or Dorsey I believe. And there were also transcript issues with Eric Bledsoe at UK.

https://deadspin.com/eric-bledsoes-high-school-transcript-is-some-shady-busi-5637975

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=4233718

Pure coincidence that 3+ of Cal's players all had invalidated SAT / transcript issues?

I mean, maybe not proof but.... Rose cheated on the test by taking it (rather, having someone else take it for him) in Detroit. WWW lived in metro Detroit, and was basically Cal's right hand man back then. Why even take an SAT test 5 hours away from where you live?

Not crazy to think that those 2 worked out a way for him to become eligible. In addition to the Rose SAT situation, there were "issues" with academic transcripts for other Cal players as well. Dozier and or Dorsey I believe. And there were also transcript issues with Eric Bledsoe at UK.

https://deadspin.com/eric-bledsoes-high-school-transcript-is-some-shady-busi-5637975

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=4233718

Pure coincidence that 3+ of Cal's players all had invalidated SAT / transcript issues?
Come on. Very few of these guys go to class in school. We had a top 100 player in my class. NEVER saw him do any homework. I remember taking our health exam in he bleachers while he warmed up for the game that night. A high percentage of these guys have manufactured transcripts.:lol:

Realistically, short of Chip Kelly who is an idiot and was literally signing checks, how many coaches are you going to see directly implicated via paper trail in any cheating issue? Bag men exist solely to make sure coaches are not directly involved.

If you don't believe Cal knew about Camby, then how can you say Coach K knows about what Nike is doing, or Petrino knew what boosters and his assistants and Adidas were doing, or, etc. To make an analogy I'm familiar with, Pete Carroll couldn't have known Reggie Bush's folks were accepting money from an agent in San Diego but the NCAA still hit SC with a death penalty.

Cal was HC at 2 universities prior and both of those schools got probation for using ineligible superstars. Of course he'd be under more scrutiny than a coach who's been at the same school forever and hasn't had the same issues :lol:

Realistically, short of Chip Kelly who is an idiot and was literally signing checks, how many coaches are you going to see directly implicated via paper trail in any cheating issue? Bag men exist solely to make sure coaches are not directly involved.

If you don't believe Cal knew about Camby, then how can you say Coach K knows about what Nike is doing, or Petrino knew what boosters and his assistants and Adidas were doing, or, etc. To make an analogy I'm familiar with, Pete Carroll couldn't have known Reggie Bush's folks were accepting money from an agent in San Diego but the NCAA still hit SC with a death penalty.

Cal was HC at 2 universities prior and both of those schools got probation for using ineligible superstars. Of course he'd be under more scrutiny than a coach who's been at the same school forever and hasn't had the same issues :lol:
Exactly. Just saying hold everyone to the same standard. People don’t come up on mansions overnight in another city.:lol:

Not really something to brag on. They had the worst bigs in the league last year.

Hating just to hate. Out here like you even know who the bigs were at BC, GT, Wake, Pitt.

Probably did know who they were at State and still said this.

They wasn’t class of ACC, but worst? Get real.

Back
Top Bottom