The College Basketball Post

Yeah, Pac-12 play is the murmor around message boards as well. Which means missing the games against Georgetown, Texas, Mizzou.
Given the way we've played so far, it wouldn't matter if Shabazz was back anyway.

Not at all...Howland wasn't happy with things 2 weeks ago when my boss sat down with him lmao.

Last edited:
Yeah, Pac-12 play is the murmor around message boards as well. Which means missing the games against Georgetown, Texas, Mizzou.
Given the way we've played so far, it wouldn't matter if Shabazz was back anyway.

the latest news from la times says he could miss the first 10 games, which is two weeks well before pac 12 play. my boy who is the ucla football trainer also told me the same thing.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/basketball/la-sp-ucla-shabazz-20121111,0,2798610.story

i disagree that it wouldnt matter if shabazz was back. i guarantee if he was back the rest of the team would be playing with a different type of motivation.

Poythress reminds me of a Terrence Jones/MKG hybrid.

i've been thinking he was more of Jones/Patterson... i have to re-watch the game sober, but I do remember Alex playing like a man. (minus going up super soft and letting Ryan Kelly put it back in his face once.) after the Maryland game i thought i could be wrong about him being our best player.

Duke has bastardized the game of college basketball.
GOOOOO BLUE DEVILS! 
glasses.gif

Alex Len got a 10 game suspension at the begining of last year for money he received in Europe while playing. So that 10 gamer would make some sense

Watched Michigan tapes I can't get over how much unathletic and slow Mitch Mcgary looks, Trey Burke is a handful on the pick and roll, and Nik Stauskas is much quicker and a much better ball handler than anyone ever gave him credit for, I think he can play point for stretches with his court vision. He is going to be good for michigan.

Last edited:
Why isnt Alex Murphy getting burn?

Million dollar question. Last friday it was "matchups" some think its confidence or a minor team violation. No clue but he wasnt really producing offensively in the exhibitions. Hopefully he gets it together because he's got so much talent.

I dont think Poythress will be better than MKG but he'll do similar things. If MKG had been 6'8 240 :wow:

i think ive watched more college basketball in the last two days than baseball all of last season..

just happy its back

Poythress isn't MKG or Jones...he's himself.  Same way Nerlens isn't Davis.  No need to compare their games because they are just different.  Archie is my favorite player on the team and probably the best 2 guard Cal has had.  I think by March hes better than Doron.  He just needs to focus more on D and continue to improve the jumper/free throws.

Watched Michigan tapes I can't get over how much unathletic and slow Mitch Mcgary looks, Trey Burke is a handful on the pick and roll, and Nik Stauskas is much quicker and a much better ball handler than anyone ever gave him credit for, I think he can play point for stretches with his court vision. He is going to be good for michigan.

I tried standing up for Mitch yesterday(?) and from what I've read he's been injured for a bit now. 17 minutes, 6 points, 9 boards last night. Doesn't look comfortable doing anything but scraping down low and providing energy off the bench - which is perfectly fine on this team. Jordan Morgan has improved tons in the offseason and has added a little midrange jumper from the top of the key that will allow Michigan to use McGary as depth (first time in maybe 5 years?). That said, McGary is definitely no. 2 and I could see him and Morgan on the court much more when we get to B1G play. Horford can log minutes too.

Nik from your hometown/area? I was thinking the same thing about his ceiling last night. He'll develop his left hand and off-the-dribble game in time. He's got pretty decent size at 6'5/6'6 for a 2 guard. Already shown great vision and is a great shooter. Burke is gone after this year and with Nik, Spike (who woulda thought), and incoming PG Derrick Walton - I'm not completely terrified of our options next year.

Well considering Juanny played the 2 for him at Memphis I'm going to respectfully DISAGREE.

Also CDR was a SAVAGE under Cal... Couldn't stay in front of him off the bounce.

Well considering Juanny played the 2 for him at Memphis I'm going to respectfully DISAGREE.
Also CDR was a SAVAGE under Cal... Couldn't stay in front of him off the bounce.
Juanny was the SHOW.  He was PG. Lets not get it twisted same way AI was PG in Philly his first couple of years.  

And CDR was a beast.  But he was a 3rd year guy not a freshman

If we have to back to Memphis and Archie is only a freshman that shows how special he is. 

I tried standing up for Mitch yesterday(?) and from what I've read he's been injured for a bit now. 17 minutes, 6 points, 9 boards last night. Doesn't look comfortable doing anything but scraping down low and providing energy off the bench - which is perfectly fine on this team. Jordan Morgan has improved tons in the offseason and has added a little midrange jumper from the top of the key that will allow Michigan to use McGary as depth (first time in maybe 5 years?). That said, McGary is definitely no. 2 and I could see him and Morgan on the court much more when we get to B1G play. Horford can log minutes too.
Nik from your hometown/area? I was thinking the same thing about his ceiling last night. He'll develop his left hand and off-the-dribble game in time. He's got pretty decent size at 6'5/6'6 for a 2 guard. Already shown great vision and is a great shooter. Burke is gone after this year and with Nik, Spike (who woulda thought), and incoming PG Derrick Walton - I'm not completely terrified of our options next year.

I watch and obsessively track pretty much any Canadian prospect and NCAA player, Nik Stauskas is a GTA (Greater Toronto Area) guy.

Come on fam... EVERYONE & THEIR MOTHER KNOWS Juanny wasn't playing PG there. He might have brought the ball up but in the same way that Archie did last night.

You didn't say Archie was the best frosh 2 guard you said best 2 guard. CDR in his 3rd yr was a complete savage. And while I love his game we've only seen a small sample size, who's to say he won't hit a wall?

3 games in you're saying he's the best 2 guard Cal has ever coached is OUT there bro.

Come on fam... EVERYONE & THEIR MOTHER KNOWS Juanny wasn't playing PG there. He might have brought the ball up but in the same way that Archie did last night.
You didn't say Archie was the best frosh 2 guard you said best 2 guard. CDR in his 3rd yr was a complete savage. And while I love his game we've only seen a small sample size, who's to say he won't hit a wall?
3 games in you're saying he's the best 2 guard Cal has ever coached is OUT there bro.
Well I stand by that statement. Time will tell but from what I've seen from HS and until last night he's ahead of the other guys. 

A report came out a few day's ago that the twins wouldn't sign until the spring,which brought all kinds of speculation...Today Aaron Harrison SR. said they will be signing by the end of the week.....

Marcus Lee signed his LOI today.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom