The College Basketball Post

shaka smart, brad stevens, anthony grant or billy D welcome to UCLA next year.

You think Billy D would leave that recruiting class he has coming in? I honestly think he's good in Florida. But he might be kicking himself for passing up Kentucky and would leave for a historically great school if given another chance.

@$%& the state of Kentucky! :smokin

This Duke squad is a real interesting one. I still see us losing a couple games we shouldn't, and at least 2 to NC State/UNC but I feel a lot better about this team than I did the one last year. I especially like Rasheed man. Dude just has grit and confidence on both ends of the floor, just gets after it.

Still need Murphy and/or Jefferson to step up off the bench because once Mason gets in foul trouble this team is in trouble.

@$%& the state of Kentucky! :smokin
This Duke squad is a real interesting one. I still see us losing a couple games we shouldn't, and at least 2 to NC State/UNC but I feel a lot better about this team than I did the one last year. I especially like Rasheed man. Dude just has grit and confidence on both ends of the floor, just gets after it.
Still need Murphy and/or Jefferson to step up off the bench because once Mason gets in foul trouble this team is in trouble.

Looking forward to watching Duke on Wednesday. Haven't caught them yet this year. After reading the comments in this thread I'm more interested in their product this year than in years past. Prior to the season it seemed to me like no real stars, a bunch of solid players, and coach K. Recipe for success, but seems like Cook and Sheed are stepping it up, making it more exciting.

UCLA :x

I can't see Billy D leaving Florida, I think he is just too comfortable there...however living in LA will forever have its own attraction so who knows. Either way would have to think Stevens/Smart would be the preferred hires.

I can't see Billy D leaving Florida, I think he is just too comfortable there...however living in LA will forever have its own attraction so who knows. Either way would have to think Stevens/Smart would be the preferred hires.
I don't think Billy D is going anywhere.

He almost made that mistake once.

I don't care how much money Nike dumps into Oregon athletics, UCLA is different in hoops. History, new-Pauley, talent base, national brand, etc. It's a Top 5 job.

Plus I remember another coach from Indiana who did quite well at UCLA...Stevens will be at a big-time gig sooner than later.

And I get what your saying bout style of play but with better talent than he has at Butler I think he would adjust somewhat.

Last edited:
Blank check for Shaka.
Don't think Stevens style of play is a fit in LA.

Shaka is beloved in the city of Richmond and he is made quite nice to succeed with that safety net of being a "mid-major with low expectations." He has watched what happened to Jeff Capel and Anthony Grant as well.

Smart has only been at VCU 3 years or so. I'd give him a couple more at least (hopefully).

Didn't Chris Lowery just stay too long....7 years or so?

if UCLA calls... you answer. simple as that.
exactly
Brad Stevens is going no where. If he turned down Oregon/Nike money, he doesnt give two ***** about UCLA
ya keep thinking that. you see how many people turned down that oregon job a few years ago? stevens wasnt the only one. UCLA>>>>oregon  period
Blank check for Shaka.
Don't think Stevens style of play is a fit in LA.
ya i agree with that on stevens a few people have said that. we are tired of BH style so why would we welcome stevens or jamie dixon when both have close to the same style

Billy D is a pipe dream but you make the call, i have to say the samething i told wildcat a few years ago when it was talks of him going to UK. He is god in florida and no matter what he does he cant get fired, his 07-10 years would of got him on the hot seat at bigger programs so who knows if he leaves that.

BH record would be fine at other schools that **** shouldnt be ok here at UCLA, he started out hot and now is horrible.
He has watched what happened to Jeff Capel and Anthony Grant as well.
grant is doing a fine job at bama tho

True, I'm not taking anything away from Anthony Grant.....he is a great Coach, but he too was beloved at VCU. Is taking a mid major school to a final four and making them a contender more desireable than rebuilding a prominent/national powerhouse program? I guess it depends on the person, but I definitely see how lucrative and appealing those larger name schools are. Who wouldn't want to coach at UCLA with the recruiting power they have and the history of that program?

I'd like to see a school like Butler or VCU win it all with a coach that put the time in......I bet that gratification would be unbelievable.

SMH at us barley beating Gardner-Webb :x :smh:

Gdub is nice this year :pimp: with two starters out they beat Depaul and should've beaten Iowa. Gave UNC a game too!.

and stubborn Howland :stoneface: the fact he continues to play both Wears at the same time and miss using the talent he has. Plus the Wears shouldnt be taken the amount of shots they are taking :smh:

Wonder if Tony Parker regrets not coming to Durham now.

i dont like the wears at all but im not playing fat *** josh smith heavy minutes. Tony parker has been hurt is why he hasnt played much

@$%& the state of Kentucky!
smokin.gif

QFT. I think he is our best all around player. His crossover is nasty and he can lock down on D. 

The matchup will be Craft vs Curry, whoever wins that has a good chance of winning the game.

I'm really happy with Mason's ball handling skills for a big man, and I haven't seen many moving screens from him, he's too busy banging out on his defender.

Is Aaron Craft going to be allowed to hand check all around Cameron Indoor? That's the only thing I'm interested in seeing.

Back
Top Bottom