The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif

That ain't nothing but a cashed refund check.

laugh.gif

He's an idiot tho'

Like seriously. How you get caught stealing condoms?

Colleges be giving those *+$$! out for free, what an $@+
maybe his schlong is so big it cant fit those condoms

Originally Posted by PicknRoll

dreClark wrote:

smh.gif

laugh.gif

He's an idiot tho'

This dude trying to ruin our thread. F outta here. Same dude that had sex with the 14 year old
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

dreClark wrote:

smh.gif

laugh.gif

He's an idiot tho'

This dude trying to ruin our thread. F outta here. Same dude that had sex with the 14 year old
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

why dudes gotta put me on blast like that
roll.gif
roll.gif

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[h1]Chat with Scouts Inc.'s Paul Biancardi[/h1]

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
Biancardi_Paul_m.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]Welcome to The Show! On Wednesday, Paul Biancardi of Scouts Inc. will stop by to talk about college basketball's future stars.
Biancardi has 17 years coaching experience at the Division I level. He was an assistant at Boston University, Boston College and Ohio State before becoming the head coach at Wright State, where he earned Horizon League coach of the year honors in the 2003-04 season.

Send your questions and join Biancardi in The Show Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. ET!

Recruiting Insider
Basketball Recruit Tracker

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Good afternoon hoop fans! Today is the first day of the early signing period. It's an exciting time for high school recruits as they begin to select their schools as well as for colleges as they start to see the future of their programs take shape.

Ray T (Charlotte, NC): Paul, Got a guess on John Wall? Baylor with Clifton, NC State, Memphis, maybe even Duke? Thanks.

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Hello Ray. I'm in Charlotte with you. I just got off the phone with Wall's high school coach. He's definitely gonna sign late. He's made one official visit to Kansas and he's strongly looking at Memphis, Baylor, N.C. State and Duke.

Mike (Ames, IA): Paul - Can you give us your feeling on where Harrison Barnes ends up?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : OK, Mike, here we go. UNC is way out in front right now. Iowa State's next with Iowa a close third.

Joe - Salt Lake City, UT: Hey Paul, How do you think Kenny Boynton's decision to head to the Gators will affect Brandon Knight? Does he follow him to Florida or does Knight carve his own path at a school like Duke or UConn?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Hi Joe. Boynton and Knight have had tremendous success together on Team Breakdown. I think they can carry this over to the next level together. At the same time, Knight has to look at all the situations that are best for him. But they've won AAU championships together so you never know.

Stony, Springfield, MA: How successful has Derek Kellogg been thus far at UMass, and how good can we expect the recruiting to be under his leadership? Has Calipari taught him well? Is Freddie Riley as good as we hope? Thanks.

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Stony, how's life in Massachusetts, my favorite state?? Derek Kellogg is in his dream job being a Springfield native and a UMass alum. Given the time and resources he will have strong recruiting classes and success at UMass. Coach Calipari has been an excellent mentor for him and Freddie Riley is a streaky shooter with nice size and length. When he starts making shots he can really get on a roll. You're gonna like him in Amherst.

Jack (NYC): Paul, Can you handicap the Josh Smith sweepstakes? Does he stay west or head to a traditional eastern power?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Good afternoon, Jack. Early favorites are UCLA, Washington and North Carolina, in that order. Gaddy going to UW really helps the Huskies because of his relationship with Smith. But his recruiting still has a long way to go.

John - Southie, Beantown: Thanks for the great work... what do you think about BC recruit Reggie Jackson and what are their prospects for the '09 class? Thanks

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Hi John, this is Paul from Eastie. Jackson was one of the biggest surprises out West after the summer evaluation period last year. He has unbelievable wing span, close to 7 feet. He's a very good athlete and explosive in the open court. Reggie possesses a solid feel for the game and really forces the action. Because to his length and athleticism, he has the potential to be an excellent defender. BC has no one on the board in '09 right now. Coach Skinner's MO is to find the right guys who may be under the radar but turn out to be very good. Trust Al and his staff to make the right decisions.

Lee Evans - Buffalo, NY: Hey Paul, great work... What are your thoughts on the University at Buffalo's Titus Robinson and M. Wyatt? Thanks a lot

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Thanks Lee! Is this Lee Evans from the Bills?? Robinson has a versatile offensive game. He can shoot it from deep and take defenders off the dribble. He's a lanky four-man with a lot of athleticism. Watt, is a 6-9, 210 post player.

Jake (Syracuse): Paul, do you think Syracuse's recruiting class is shaping up nicely?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Jake, James Southerland has smooth stroke and can really stroke the 3. He has just the type of body and athleticism that the Orange have recruited in the past. They're just the type of frames they look for. Triche has really good size for a guard. ESPNU's No. 93 overall. He's powerful and can spot up to shoot the 3. And don't forget, the 'Cuse already has three big time commitments in the class of 2010. Things are going smooth for Coach Boeheim and his staff.

Donny, Rosemount MN: What do you think of Tubby Smith's recruiting class of '09?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Donny, I love Tubby's class. It's filled with athleticism, size and skill. This is a Top 20 class. I'd be very excited if I was a Gopher fan.

John Boy (Kentucky): Any late bloomers in the class of 2009 that we'll see rise up the rankings before next season?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : There are always late bloomers, guys who develop through the course of the season. John Boy, here are a few names to keep an eye on. Chris Colvin and Marcus Jordan (son of Michael) both at Whitney Young in Chicago, Ivo Baltic from Missouri and in your back yard, 7-foot center Jamarious Sykes from Radcliffe, Ky. are kids to keep an eye on.

Jim Milwaukee, Wisconsin: What are your thoughts on the Illinois 4-man class and who will have the biggest impact on the Illini as a freshman? Also how could Brandon Paul possibly be left out of the ESPNU top 100 when he is a consensus top 50 player?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : We take pride in our rankings and while Paul is a very good player we feel there are more deserving players right now. Our Top 100 is an 'open enrollment' type where we can shuffle kids in and out based on play. Richardson and Griffey are the lead guys and should help the fastest and are the most talented. Griffey can really shoot it well for a guy his size and Richardson is explosive in the lane with a tremendous middle game.

Henry (bloomington): Can you talk about the job Crean has done at IU? It seems like this might be one of the best recruiting jobs ever, given the restrictions that were placed on he and the university...Your thoughts?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Henry, you just know that wherever Tom Crean goes things are going to get accomplished. They've signed a class that has depth for the future and talent in Creek and Watford. The rest of the class are good players who should contribute, especially based on the depletion of the roster last year. I'm not surprised at all by the job Crean and his staff have done. I expect his teams to get better and better every year.

Graham: Owensboro, KY: Where do you think that Xavier Henry (number one recruit in his class) will commit to next year?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Hi Graham. Right now it's between Memphis and Kansas and I truly believe it will stay that way. He'll wait until the spring to make his decision so stay tuned. Xavier will be on our ESPNU recruiting TV show this Friday at 4 pm et so tune in.

nathan (michigan): what have you heard and possibly seen about Oakland University's incoming freshman. They have a highly touted class and Ilija Milutinovic (who first decided on Oregon State before continuing his prep career) I hear all their freshman are dangerous and could put Oakland in the National Spotlight. Your insights?

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : Nathan, Oakland's 2008 class is exceptionally strong for this program. I love Drew Maynard, who is a big guard, who is athletic and can really shoot it from the outside when he has space. And Jay Thames is a talented power forward. It's a five man class that can really impact coach Greg Kampe's success this season.

sn2.gif
Paul Biancardi : I want to thank everyone for their excitement about high school recruiting! Please tune in to the ESPNU Insider show this Friday night from 4-6 pm on ESPNU. It will be filled with interviews from some of the top prospects in the country. Talk to you next Wednesday!
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Where is this guy getting his info from
laugh.gif
UNCisn't third on his list.

Smith list looks something like this UCLA.......UDUB............................DUKE.

I don't think that anything that he said in that article recruiting wise was reliable information. Especially with the Harrison Barnes info, I wouldn'tbe surprised if Barnes ends up at UNC but I don't know where he got that those were Barnes' top 3 schools from.

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif

laugh.gif

He's an idiot tho'

Please go back from whence you came.

Hopefully that news about Barnes is true.

UMASS and So Ill in a good one, too bad it can be seen.

Manny doing his thing again.

I might have to eat my words from earlier in the summer when I said Collison's outside shooting from last year was a fluke. Dude been strokin' it withease in the 2nd half. Granted they playin' Prairie View but he lookin'
pimp.gif
out there.

And Jrue Holiday is gonna be a stud. He's not imposing his will but he's real smooth and scores effortlessly. Lee and Anderson are looking legit as2nd unit guards as well. That backcourt, along with Roll and Shipp (he'll play both G/F), is gonna be touuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Backcourt is somewhere in thetop 5 with UNC, UConn, Duke, and Marquette/Villanova (don't sleep on the two Corey's and Scottie).

sloppy game but that was expected from the freshman.....freethrows
sick.gif
......Holiday, DC, Lee, Shipp
pimp.gif
.....UCLA gets Drags back fortomorrow, another 3 point threat.

Where did this dude Hugee come from
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So Ill wins...damn it, wanted to see Duke/Umass

UCLA goin 11 deep in the first 12 minutes?
Why? SIU is a better program the last 10 years
laugh.gif

If this were 1996 i might agree with you allen

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So Ill wins...damn it, wanted to see Duke/Umass

UCLA goin 11 deep in the first 12 minutes?
Why? SIU is a better program the last 10 years
laugh.gif

If this were 1996 i might agree with you allen
Just cause Umass and their guards can get out and run. Lowe, Harris and Gurley is a nice 3 guard attack.

They were up 11 at half...then idk what happened.

[h1]Underrated Kentucky could surprise some folks[/h1]

By ###% Vitale
ESPN.com
(Archive)

The SEC should be a very competitive league this season, and I am not talking about the pigskin, baby! I hear a lot of people talking about Tennessee and Florida, and the Gators will be improved.

I don't hear a lot of people mentioning Kentucky. My friends, the Wildcats are going to be better than people believe. The team has finally become acclimated with coach Billy Gillispie and his system.

I really feel the 'Cats will play hard on the defensive end. This year's club will play at a faster pace. Kentucky does lose the scoring ability of Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley's experience on the perimeter. Derrick Jasper decided to transfer to UNLV.

Sometimes you have addition by subtraction. I'm telling you, the chemistry is going to be a lot better. Look for Patrick Patterson to be a dominating force inside. A healthy Patterson in the low box will be one of the premier players in the SEC.

Then look at the diaper dandy DeAndre Liggins, who provides size on the perimeter at 6-6. Darius Miller can add some scoring punch. Jodie Meeks appears to be healthy and ready to contribute. Gillispie also has a JUCO transfer in Kevin Galloway ready to help out.

This club is going to be better than people anticipate. Rupp Arena is going to be rockin' and rolling. The Big Blue fans are among the most passionate in the sport. It will be an exciting place to be.

Kentucky really improved last season as it rolled on. I believe you will see a lot more consistency out of this year's squad. Gillispie's club should be ready to perform right out of the blocks.

There is a real test early in the season against North Carolina. I can't wait to call that contest, baby!

Look for the Wildcats to make some noise in the SEC.

Awesome...baby.

I'm picking Kentucky to take the SEC...it came down to LSU, Florida and Kentucky for me, but I have faith in BCG.

I'm liking that LSU team (on paper, at least) a lot, though.

grin.gif
i can't see how you could straight pick us over Florida andTennessee.

lot's of new faces...

Liggins has shown me nothing. Galloway the same. now that's just thru 2 games...but that means Michael Porter is gonna start at PG and he's terrible.

Harrellson was outstanding in the first exhibition game...ghost in the second one.

Darius Miller is better than i thought he was though.
pimp.gif

we'll be aight...young team (no seniors) that will grow as the season progresses.

get it started for real with VMI tommorrow night in Rupp.
pimp.gif

Eh, I don't really like Tennessee's team that much. The PG situation is looking terrible right now. Granted, that'll probably be taken care ofbefore conference play, but I dunno.

I like the Florida team a lot, but I picked Kentucky on a hunch as a dark horse I guess.

[h1]About time its official
[/h1]

[h1]University of Memphis signs deal for Nike apparel[/h1][h2]Five-year contract calls for sporting goods giant to outfit Tiger athletic teams[/h2]
By Jim Masilak (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hailing it as the largest deal of its kind for a non-Bowl Championship Series school, officials from the University of Memphis and Nike on Wednesday said they have agreed in principle on a deal to outfit each of the school's athletic teams with the famous"Swoosh" logo.

U of M athletic director R.C. Johnson said the all-encompassing nature of the five-year, $11.3 million deal, which takes effect immediately, is rare amongschools from outside the established power conferences.

"We first envisioned this seven or eight years ago," Johnson said. "The contract is unbelievable and we're really proud of it. It's aprestigious thing. It speaks volumes about our coaching staff and speaks volumes about our boosters and our fans." S

It also says much about the continued strengthening of Nike's ties to the Memphis area.

With about 1,600 employees and a new 1.2 million-square foot distribution center in the Frayser/Raleigh area -- through which all of the company'sfootwear will travel -- Memphis represents Beaverton, Ore.-based Nike's second-largest operational center in the country.

"Nike continues to invest in Memphis," said Willie Gregory, Nike's Memphis-based director of community and business development."We're delighted about that."

Describing the deal with the U of M as a "harmonic convergence" between the city and the company, Nike's director of college sports marketing,Kit Morris, said the sporting goods giant is "honored" to add Memphis to the list of schools with which it has "important comprehensivepartnerships."

Previously, the Tigers had been serviced by a number of companies through sport-specific contracts. While Nike provided equipment for the Tigers'football and women's basketball teams, the school also had deals with adidas, Bridgestone and UnderArmour for various sports.

"We really drove hard that we wanted to get an all-sports deal," Johnson said. "It simplifies everything."

The deal will see Nike supply game and practice gear and apparel for each of the Tigers' 18 varsity teams, assist in the further development ofwomen's athletics and provide sponsorship for certain events.

Once the outfitting costs are determined, the remaining cash will go to the athletic department for disbursement as it sees fit.

While the surplus cash could help the school cover everything from travel expenses to administrative costs, an as-yet-undetermined portion will go tohigh-profile coaches like John Calipari and Tommy West as compensation.

University counsel Sheri Lipman said further financial details will be unavailable until it is approved by the fiscal review subcommittee in the statelegislature.

"It's just a fantastic deal," Johnson said. "We're so excited about it."

While Nike's roster of affiliated schools includes traditional powers like Penn State, Southern Cal and the University of Florida, it is probably mostsynonymous in the collegiate sphere with Oregon, the alma mater of company founder Phil Knight.

The Ducks' football and men's basketball teams, for better or for worse, have been on the cutting edge in terms of uniform design style.

It remains to be seen whether Memphis, situated in an important distribution area, will be used in a similar fashion.

"It depends on the school's appetite," Morris said. "We want it to reflect the values of the institution. We want people to look and say,'They nailed it.'

"What's right for Oregon may be different from what's right for USC or Florida."

Morris declined to say whether Nike has an all-encompassing apparel deal with any other non-BCS schools. While the high-profile nature of the men'sbasketball team under Calipari automatically made Memphis an attractive proposition, the Tigers' non-BCS status in football wasn't a deterrent.

"I do know what the university's ambitions are for the football program," Morris said. "While currently they don't have BCSdesignation, they have BCS goals and aspirations.

"Sometimes it's a matter of identifying opportunities when the time is right. When they move up, we want to be in the elevator moving up withthem."

Whats Memphis uni's look like for this year? same as last year? or new nike ones? Memphis alt. unis are always fire

Great timing... He wouldn't have gotten Pooh had they signed with them last yr as he's been an adidas kid since hs aau
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom