jville819 wrote:
Uk gonna get murdered against UNC
bet.

JND1 wrote:
laugh.gif
Season opener at home and you let VMI hang 111 on you. Pat P with only 6
smh.gif
I thought Billy G could coach.
VMI hangs 100+ on everyone they play. they throw 5 midgets out there, all who can shoot, and just let it fly....and the %$%% was going in.
smh.gif

BG made adjustments...we were down by 23 with 14 minutes left and got the lead with about 4 mins left.
Originally Posted by SCuse7

roll.gif
WildKy your boy Pat P

they forced us to shoot outside, wouldn't let Pat touch it, sagged in all game...

VMI: 14-30 from 3 land
UK: 3-16

smh.gif

and we had 26 turnovers, including 12 from the point gaurd spot in Porter (who should never see the !%+$*%* floor) and Liggins...told ya that was going to be aproblem.

Pat's fine...Meeks is our best player. but we got exposed...make us shoot.

but don't get me wrong...i can't even begin to express my anger and disappointment...

instead of being out getting my swerve on...i'm sitting at home on a friday night on NT, for fear of punching someone's lights out.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

jville819 wrote:
Uk gonna get murdered against UNC
bet.

JND1 wrote:
laugh.gif
Season opener at home and you let VMI hang 111 on you. Pat P with only 6
smh.gif
I thought Billy G could coach.
VMI hangs 100+ on everyone they play. they throw 5 midgets out there, all who can shoot, and just let it fly....and the %$%% was going in.
smh.gif

BG made adjustments...we were down by 23 with 14 minutes left and got the lead with about 4 mins left.
Originally Posted by SCuse7

roll.gif
WildKy your boy Pat P

they forced us to shoot outside, wouldn't let Pat touch it, sagged in all game...

Yea I just had too with the avy
laugh.gif

Meeks looked
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Handsome Hustler

James shoulda left after his freshman year
How do you come back for 2, now going on 3 years and get progressively worse on what you need to improve? \

And that L is on BG for his game prep...you don't let VMI come in to your court on opening night and win. You just don't.
sick.gif

Parts of it. Caught the beginning and then picked it back up around 10 minutes to go.

Meeks can be a stud. Yall don't have any shooters right now tho outside of him.

IMO in a game like that, you can't let them dictate things. UK shoulda punched them in the mouth. And that would be that.

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The college basketball season is four days old.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Here's what we know so far:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica][size=+1]• Manny Harris isn't going to have a sophomore slump. The 6-foot-5 guard is averaging 28points, 8.5 rebounds and 5.0 assists through two games, and he'll solidify himself as a national star if he can keep those averages intact and helpMichigan upset UCLA next week in New York.[/size][/font]
[table][tr][td]
img11106040.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Two games in, and Michigan's Manny Harris is already in fine form. (AP)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][font=Arial, Helvetica][size=+1]• Darren Collison is back to his old self. The offseason image of the UCLA point guardwas of him being humbled by Derrick Rose in the Final Four, but Collison seems to be fully recovered. He's averaging 17.5 points and 3.5 assists throughtwo games. He's making 60.0 percent of his field goal attempts, 66.7 percent of his 3-point attempts and looking very much like an All-American despite theBruins struggling in a win over Miami (Ohio).[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica][size=+1]• The beginning of the college basketball season is ho-hum. Though things started this pastMonday, we won't get our first nice matchup until next Tuesday when Davidson (presumably) meets Oklahoma and Kentucky visits North Carolina. That'slame, I think, because there really should be some sort of high-profile matchup to start the season and make the nation aware that, you know, the season isstarting.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Either way, what can you do?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]It's still time for the Friday Look Ahead.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Game worth flying to see in person: There isn't one, really. No great games this weekend. SoI'll just start with the unanimous No. 1 team in the country, North Carolina, and mention that the Tar Heels will open Saturday againstPennsylvania. Will Tyler Hansbrough play? It's "extremely doubtful," in case you hadn't heard. But Ty Lawson, WayneEllington and Danny Green will be in uniform, and that's going to make it tough for Pennsylvania.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Game worth driving to see in person: Sharpshooting Jimmy Baron will be on display Sunday whenRhode Island travels to Duke and tries to pull an upset in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Note to the Cameron Crazies: Baron hasmade 42.0 percent of his 3-point attempts through three years of college. To date, that's better than the career percentage of J.J. Redick, who shot 40.6percent from behind the arc while at Duke. I just thought that was kind of interesting.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Game worth watching on TV: How will Kansas look without Darrell Arthur, BrandonRush, Mario Chalmers, Darnell Jackson, Russell Robinson and Sasha Kaun? Answer: Very, very different. And if you want to see just how different, you shouldturn to ESPNU on Sunday night and watch the Jayhawks open against UMKC.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Some non-BCS love: Perhaps the most compelling weekend game is San Diego atUNLV. What we have there is an NCAA tournament team returning all five starters (though it should be noted Gyno Pomare is suspended) visitingthe projected Mountain West champions, led by Wink Adams. So while the game won't distract football fans Saturday, it is a game where somebody will notch arésumé-enhancing victory that should help come Selection Sunday.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]An obvious prediction: The best Gonzaga team in the history of all Gonzaga teams(at least according to me) will open Saturday against Montana State-Billings. "The sky's the limit for us," sophomore StevenGray told the Seattle Times. "If we put in our time and keep focused, there's no reason we can't be playing at the end of March or earlyApril." I agree. And Montana State-Billings will also agree after a loss Saturday night.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]A crazy prediction (but it might happen anyway): UC-Irvine was picked sixth in theBig West, which means the Anteaters should have no chance at Southern California. I mean, they're Anteaters, notTrojaneaters (does "Trojaneaters" sound dirty?). But lest we forget what happened to USC in last season's opener, when O.J. Mayo took 27shots, made just 12 and contributed to a 96-81 loss to Mercer. To be clear, I do not think USC will lose to UC-Irvine, because DeMar DeRozan isn't going tomiss 15 shots Saturday. But it would be crazy if the Trojans stumbled again, wouldn't it?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Player trying to keep rolling: Reigning Big East Player of the Year Luke Harangody haddouble-doubles in both Notre Dame exhibitions, which suggests he has no intentions of slowing down. The Irish open with USCUpstate on Sunday, and Harangody should provide the type of performance that Notre Dame football fans need to get their minds off anotherwhat-happened-to-our-program season.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Player trying to get rolling: Eddie Rios is expected to play a huge role in helpingMiami compete near the top of the ACC, and I suspect he'll do exactly that. Still, it was hard not to notice the sophomore had nineturnovers in two exhibitions and missed five of six shots in the Hurricanes' final tune-up for Saturday's opener against FloridaSouthern. Simply put, Rios must be better and soon, because Miami has possible games against Connecticut and Wisconsin in the next 10 days.[/font]
[h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]Three things you should know before you go[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]1. Dan Monson will be back in Big Ten country Saturday when Long Beach State visitsWisconsin. Monson, of course, coached Minnesota for eight seasons.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]2. Willie Kemp and Antonio Anderson are expected to be two of the starting guards whenMemphis opens against Fairfield on Saturday. But don't be surprised if Anderson gets major minutes as the lead guard,because at this point Kemp seems more comfortable playing mostly off the ball.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]3. Michigan State scored 118 and 112 points in a pair of exhibitions. Not sure whatthat means exactly, but it's pretty impressive regardless of the competition heading into Sunday's opener against Idaho.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Final thought: Want my idea on what would make a great way to start the season?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica](If not, too bad. This is my column, after all.)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]What I would do is figure out a way to lock in the reigning national champions against a projected top-five team eachyear to start the season -- something like a game between Kansas vs. Pittsburgh this season. I'd do it on the second Tuesday of November, put it onnational television and promote the hell out of it.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]It would be great, and the only hold-up would be actually scheduling the game, though I'm certain that if it waspackaged correctly pretty much anybody would be interested in putting their program on such a high-profile stage to start the season.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Sound OK?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Good.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Now let's work on making it happen.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Or do you want Houston-Georgia Southern again next year?[/font]

IMO in a game like that, you can't let them dictate things.
that's what i'm saying! that's why i posted the Tubby pic...even i knew what to expect from VMI.

i mean come on...BG, you're better than that. this %$%%'s inexcuseable...don't get comfortable, we'll run your +%! outta Lexington too.

with that said, i've got faith in the man.

AND KICK MICHAEL PORTER'S USELESS, SORRY, SHOULDA WENT TO USC'S +%! OFF THE TEAM!

or at least take him outta the starting 5. please and thanks.
tired.gif

^ PREACHHHHH!!!! he should be a 5-8 minute per game player, not a starter. Man i had some hope for the season, i know its only one game but damn, 2 straightyears to some bums???? im gonna fight a louisville fan this week i know i will. The only thing, i mean ONLY thing that will erase this loss is a huge upset atUNC, which i can tell you now will never happen....especially if we dont even attempt or even look at pat the WHOLE DAMN GAME! I dont care what style the gamewas, he has to have the ball....

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Oregon State
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
45 on howard???
Happens when the Princeton O is first introduced. Trust me.
laugh.gif
. It'll look awful at times starting out.

I think Robinson is gona do a nice job up there tho.

wildKY:

Although it is one loss, do you think Gillespie will be on the hot seat early if UK continues to play this way? I alluded to him being an overrated coach onanother name that got banned last year and you flamed me into oblivion for it. There is no excuse for allowing VMI to put up 111 on the Wildcats.

Maybe VMI will be a surprise team this year and we'll all look back at this and laugh at how we underestimated them right now....

....maybe?
laugh.gif

I mean - yeah, they're gonna put up points, and if shots are falling for them they are dangerous... but they play literally NO defense, they don't eventry to play defense... and all you have to do on offense is contest shots and rebound the ball more or less - they aren't gonna make you lockdown for morethan 7 seconds of defense...

Hell - Penn State beat them pretty good last year... that's how I KNOW kentucky shouldn't be losing to them.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

wildKY:

Although it is one loss, do you think Gillespie will be on the hot seat early if UK continues to play this way? I alluded to him being an overrated coach on another name that got banned last year and you flamed me into oblivion for it. There is no excuse for allowing VMI to put up 111 on the Wildcats.
laugh.gif

but the UK basketball coach stays on the hot seat.

patience...we'll be fine. he turned the team around last year admist the horrendous start and injuries, earning co-SEC coach of the year honors...we knowwhat he did with Texas A&M. he helped make Acie Law a household name...similar to what he did with Ramel Bradley. but last year's team had two greatseniors in Bradley and Crawford who he put the leadership roles on. this year's squad has no seniors, so someone (Meeks) has to step up.

but if we want to talk about Gillispie's future with UK...

(i hate to talk about next season allready, but)

if Pat stays (which imo he should, i don't see him being any more than a moderate player in the league right now)...

Meeks
Harris
Miller
Liggins
Stevenson
Harrelson
Pilgrim
Daniel Orton
Jon Hood

a team with (i believe) 7 seniors...preseason top 10.

UK makes it even more obvious that the Vols are the faves for the SEC.

As long as JP is healthy, and Maze can play the point, we are GOOD to go.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You guys need to calm down in Kentucky. Gillepsie will win a National Title down there within the next 7 years.
laugh.gif
who you tellin'??
I haven't been here in a while and I just wanted to get involved
embarassed.gif

Went to the St. John's game tonight.
-Burrell and Kennedy are two really athletic and bouncy guys. Burrell should get more touches than he got tonight. He is an inside and outside threat and willcreate mismatches on most nights with opposing teams. Kennedy gets out of control some of the time but he also will make some very nice plays. Burrell andKennedy should be much better defenders than they are.
-It is obvious that Anthony Mason Jr. is trying to impress scouts for the pros IMO. He was forcing everything tonight and he couldn't buy a basket. He isprobably the most talented player on the team but he doesn't play hard at all.
-Boothe is very solid with the ball and I like him as the floor general. He's just another tough NY PG.
-Coker and Evans aren't very skilled on the inside but they are physical and they play hard.
-Edmonson and Roberts gave really solid minutes at the guard spots.
- The team defense was atrocious
sick.gif
. They should be much better on defense and their poor defense allowed Long Island to stick around far too long.
-Offensively, I can't tell what the hell they are doing. I can't recall seeing many set plays at all, or any semblance of offense.
- The team is also verrry undisciplined. They should've beaten LI by about 30 points, but jacking shots early on in the shot clock and plenty of othermistakes stopped that from happening.
-Overall, the team is very talented but also undisciplined. Norm Roberts should be on his way out at SJU. This team could be a middle of the pack BE team, butinstead they'll be at the bottom of the BE due to coaching. I was sitting around some older alumni and all they did was complain about Roberts all gamelong. They definitely were hoping that he'll be gone. Also, wth did they do to renovate Carneseca? It was my first time there, but I'd hate to see whatit looked like before then if that's how it looks renovated. The guys around me complained about the renovations also. If SJU gets Lance then that wouldprobably prolong Roberts stay so that may not be the best idea for you SJU fans.
-Gary Payton was also there tonight dudes were swarming him for autographs.

Sad thing is that we just saw these Oregon State N's out here lounging around downtown like they aint just lose to Howard...I'm confident my HS squadwould have blown Howard out.

Back
Top Bottom