The College Basketball Post

Can't I go a day without having to hear how bad my team is
laugh.gif

I can't wait for these games to start getting televised. I need my Saturday fix.

Sylvan Landesberg 28, 8, and 8 on 10-17 shooting...
pimp.gif

He might not be as good as Singletary but he is a heckuva player for UVA.

ZWSGLYWDOOACHCH.20081116235354.jpg

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

MSU is scary good... i'm tellin you, i like the looks of this squad.
Mississippi State, Montana State, Michigan State, Missouri State, Montclair State, Minnesota State, Midwestern State, Morgan State, or Morehead State?
michigan state... sorry, i mentioned that i was watching them a page back or so - think it got buried in Duke hate though.

I can't wait to see them play on December 20th. Should be a great game between them and Texas...

Originally Posted by FreddyImperial

pimp.gif

He'll be better than Singletary IMO, but you might not have him around for 4 years.

Originally Posted by FreddyImperial

pimp.gif

*Scratches head* I saw this dude play at Loughlin last year. Dude put up 28 in that game as well but it was the quietest 28 i had ever seen. I thought dude waskind of a bum to be honest but he's proving me wrong. He should be in a Johnnies uniform. SMH.

Steele goes for 25 and JaMychal for 17...

and they lose...

To..

Mercer.

How is Gottfried still employed?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

laugh.gif
i said that i was sure there were chicks at duke...but for a team who's student's/fans are on TV as much as they are...somebody gotta do something about getting these girls to the game or better seats....something.
You can't booze or stuff "candy" up your nose at a basketball game so there's no way to persaude them to go.

michigan state... sorry, i mentioned that i was watching them a page back or so - think it got buried in Duke hate though.
What kind of game is Michigan State playing with? I know they'll play their usual tough defense but what about on offense? I can only imagine they'd like to take advantage of Kalin's speed and get up and down the court. That's another squad that would ruin Duke on the inside
sick.gif

They were actually full court pressing today - thinking they wanna speed the game up moreso than usual. But I mean, Roe and Lucas are justnasty... but they don't even have to "star" for that team on offense, between Morgan, Allen, and Suton, with dudes like Walton and Gray as keyplayers as well... I think they have a really tough inside-outside matchup, and will offer really tough mismatches inside for almost every team they play thisyear. They probably won't win a lot of their games in a pretty fashion, but they'll be one of those trademark Izzo teams that just bullies you around,rebounds like crazy, and forces you to make shots you don't want to take. If they're able to get out and run in pressing style, it's lights outfor the rest of the big ten, and most of the country.

We'll see though - i think Roe is really the key - if he lives up to the billing, they are a top 10 teams and probably a 2 seed or better.

On a related note - kenpom has up a stat showing that so far this year, the 3 pointers attempted relative to the total amount of shots attempted is actuallyhigher than last year
laugh.gif
guess that line looks even more tempting now.

Sylvan is the truth...i balled with him at summer camp at luhi when i was in like 4th grade. lol hes jewish too. heck of a baseball player also.

Syl not going to the Johnnies is nobody's fault, he's wanted to play in the ACC since he was a kid. Wish we had him, but whatever.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Syl not going to the Johnnies is nobody's fault, he's wanted to play in the ACC since he was a kid. Wish we had him, but whatever.

I feel you, but at the end of the day, if he was player in the 90's he would be wearing a Johnnies uniform. It just is another top talent that St. Johnsfailed to get.

Except for Tennessee, none of the SEC teams would make the tourney if they were in the Big East. This conference is a joke and should not get more than 3 teams even though they will.
so by your estimation, the big east should go 4-0 during the sec/big east challenge this year.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Sylvan is the truth...i balled with him at summer camp at luhi when i was in like 4th grade. lol hes jewish too. heck of a baseball player also.

He's Jewish? Word?

Anybody watch that Kansas game? They are Aye-Tro-Shus!
laugh.gif

We'll definitely get to see how good of a coach Self is if he can mold these group of players into a solid team. It reminds me of 2005 when Rush,Chalmers, Downs, and Wright came in as freshman and that team was just as bad at the beginning of the year. At least that team had Kaun, Jackson, Robinson,and Rodrick to compliment the freshmen. This team only has Sherron and Cole and their newcomers are nowhere near the talent level of that 2005 freshmen class.

Their class for next year only consists of Robinson. I pray that they land Xavier Henry because they need a big time scorer on the wings. I damn near got aheadache watchin' this Kansas squad tryin' to score.

^ I heard that Henry was leaning heavy towards Memphis, but that could just be a bunch of bs.

KU will still be one of the top 3 teams in that league.

Originally Posted by jville819

Only by default; they get to play each of the crappy Big Xii North teams twice. The only team that should give them competition in the Northdivision is Missouri, and Missouri isn't even that good. They'd probably have twice as many conference losses if they were in the South.

The way I see it:
1. Oklahoma 2. Texas 3. Kansas 4. Baylor 5. Texas A&M 6. Oklahoma State 7. Missouri 8. Kansas State 9. Nebraska 10. Iowa State 11. Texas Tech 12. Colorado

Kansas will be decent this year, but benefit a lot from that schedule.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I feel you, but at the end of the day, if he was player in the 90's he would be wearing a Johnnies uniform. It just is another top talent that St. Johns failed to get.
Na even if Louie was still coaching he wouldn't have came here. He wanted to get out of NY and Virginia is just a much better situation forhim academically and for everything else he was looking for.

UC looking good tonight
pimp.gif
. Even though it was against South Dakota
laugh.gif
. Yancey, Mike, and Deonta were nice, and the bench was looking good.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by jville819

Only by default; they get to play each of the crappy Big Xii North teams twice. The only team that should give them competition in the North division is Missouri, and Missouri isn't even that good. They'd probably have twice as many conference losses if they were in the South.

The way I see it:
1. Oklahoma 2. Texas 3. Kansas 4. Baylor 5. Texas A&M 6. Oklahoma State 7. Missouri 8. Kansas State 9. Nebraska 10. Iowa State 11. Texas Tech 12. Colorado

Kansas will be decent this year, but benefit a lot from that schedule.
sick.gif
big xii looks doo-doo this year. Hopefully this means OKState can make a bit of noise and maybe sneak into the dance somehow... but wow, the bottom of that league is going to be baaaaad. The top isn't evenexactly great
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I feel you, but at the end of the day, if he was player in the 90's he would be wearing a Johnnies uniform. It just is another top talent that St. Johns failed to get.
Na even if Louie was still coaching he wouldn't have came here. He wanted to get out of NY and Virginia is just a much better situation for him academically and for everything else he was looking for.

That's the whole point though, St. Johns doesn't have @**% to offer anyone anymore. When the Garden was rocking and this team was competitive there wasa reason for people to stay in NY. Not anymore. The fact that he had St. Johns in his top 3 with the state the program is in now, I am confident we would havelanded him.
Gody ready to wreck havoc this year. I'm just waiting for the UCONN game when he gets to put Thabeet's word back into his mouth.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Except for Tennessee, none of the SEC teams would make the tourney if they were in the Big East. This conference is a joke and should not get more than 3 teams even though they will.
so by your estimation, the big east should go 4-0 during the sec/big east challenge this year.

We are sending South Florida, Cincinatti, Marquette, Louisville. South Florida is %+%+ and Cinci, while a decent team, is not projected to make the tourney inthis conference. Let's just say if we sent our best 4 teams vs. your 4 teams, it wouldn't be a game. And I said Tennesee is the only good team so themvs. Marquette will be a very good game.

Back
Top Bottom