The College Basketball Post

Some St. John's news...

They're going back to SJU (instead of STJ) - which means my new era hat from 2000 is relevant again :lol:

And UA is taking over for Nike.

Some St. John's news...

They're going back to SJU (instead of STJ) - which means my new era hat from 2000 is relevant again
laugh.gif

And UA is taking over for Nike.
UA must be promising more money to Lavin for recruits. 

Can even lie, I'm very upset about that :smh: .. Could've used his shooting and leadership off the bench

Does this mean Cal will have an extra scholarship to go after someone who will eligible to play immeadately like he did with Mays last year?

I'm upset to see him go but let's be honest it's not a huge loss like you said I will miss his experience and shooting but dudes defense was weak at best.According to ESPN Gonzaga, Portland, Texas, Stanford, Oregon and Oregon State have shown interest in adding him to their rosters...

Not sure if posted but Cliff Alexander cut his list to 10, DePaul,Illinois,Kentucky,Arizona,Indiana,Baylor,Kansas,Louisville,Memphis,and Michigan State...

Bill Raftery Leaving ESPN for Fox Sports

Fox Sports 1, which launches in August, has poached its biggest name from Bristol: Bill Raftery is joining Fox Sports 1 after more than three decades with ESPN. He'll do Big East games with Gus Johnson.

He's going to continue doing games for CBS and Turner during March Madness.

Duke's Hood suffers Achilles' injury

By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange – 21 hours ago
Duke forward Rodney Hood suffered an Achilles' injury during USA Basketball training camp on Wednesday night in Colorado Springs, Colo., and now Blue Devils fans are holding their breath hoping the injury is not too severe.
Hood, who sat out last season as a transfer from Mississippi State, was injured while vying to make the final 12-man roster for the U.S. World University Games.
The 6-foot-8 small forward was a five-star recruit coming out of high school. As a freshman at Mississippi State, Hood averaged 10.3 points and 4.8 boards as a freshman for the Bulldogs.
CBSSports.com reported Hood's injury was different than the Achilles' injury that ended Kobe Bryant's season.
Andy Glockner of SI.com was at Wednesday's workout and spoke to Hood. Glockner wrote that Hood "left the gym on crutches as a precautionary measure" and did not seem to be in any great distress.
A source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday that Duke officials are optimistic Hood's injury is not a tear but rather a sprain or strain, neither of which would be season-threatening

Saw that yesterday and thought he tore it :x

Good to hear it ain't serious, Rodney and Jabari will be must see ACC basketball. Coach K still Birdman hand rubbing.

Wow. Happy it's not a serious injury either I'm really looking forward to seeing Hood this year.

Ohh. I hope that Hood injury isn't serious. I want to see him play next year.

Speaking of Duke. I've heard lots of good things about Michael Gbinije has beeb doing great at Syracuse practice. Him and CJ Fair next to each other will be fun. 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom