The College Basketball Post

Nick Johnson has to be one of the more unsung players playing on a top 5 team. All this kid does is make the right play. He's about as savvy as they get on this level.

Nick Johnson has to be one of the more unsung players playing on a top 5 team. All this kid does is make the right play. He's about as savvy as they get on this level.

Both him and McConnell. Other than Aaron Gordon, Zona is filled with these unsung role players.

Boatright picking up his dribble and getting trapped :smh:

And I wanna cool on Smart but I can't. I have a feeling a light goes off and he puts it together.

You think Boat stays another year? Kid has been talking about jumping to the league for 2 years now :smh:

If you ask me, kid has no business entertaining the idea and should start thinking about how he is going to play with Purvis next year...

You think Boat stays another year? Kid has been talking about jumping to the league for 2 years now :smh:

If you ask me, kid has no business entertaining the idea and should start thinking about how he is going to play with Purvis next year...

I definitely think he stays. He's late 2nd/undrafted at this point and I think he likes the idea of being the man, similar to Kemba and Bazz, who both waited their turn.

I was talking with the crew over the weekend and we're mad excited for Purvis and ol' boy from Cali to come in next year.

I definitely think he stays. He's late 2nd/undrafted at this point and I think he likes the idea of being the man, similar to Kemba and Bazz, who both waited their turn.

I was talking with the crew over the weekend and we're mad excited for Purvis and ol' boy from Cali to come in next year.

I hear ya. DHam is that next great wing in Storrs, thats for sure.

Thinking next year's squad will be wayyy more talented than this year. Ain't counting these kids out from making a run yet, though.

Boatright has no business leaving, worse players have left early though so who knows... My early final 4 right now would be:

Kansas
Florida
Mich. St.
Cincy

From what I heard this summer from my boy on the squad, Boat is out this year. Even if he doesn't get drafted, dude just wants to be earning cash to play somewhere. Who knows though? He and Purvis could be a nice backcourt next year and maybe he comes to his senses and stays.

Then again I don't think he'll ever be a good enough shooter to make the league so there might not be too much of a downside for him leaving.

From what I heard this summer from my boy on the squad, Boat is out this year. Even if he doesn't get drafted, dude just wants to be earning cash to play somewhere. Who knows though? He and Purvis could be a nice backcourt next year and maybe he comes to his senses and stays.

Then again I don't think he'll ever be a good enough shooter to make the league so there might not be too much of a downside for him leaving.

Thanks for the insight. That makes sense. His jumper is better, but still ain't anything to write home about. As a Husky die-hard, I want him to stay, but T-Sam a.k.a. Taliek Brown 2.0 is already waiting to eat his minutes next year.

I don't think many people preseason pegged Rick Barnes or Mick Cronin COY candidates but here we are :lol:

I'ma be completely honest, CBB hasn't felt the same this year without the Big East to me. Doesn't help that both my teams are wildly erratic as well. March should be fun though.

Zona with the nice bounce back

Picking Kansas to win it all after the Ashley injury though

Can't wait for Zona fans to go ghost after that 2nd round loss :nerd:

Also, word is Rashad Vaughn to UNLV, would have loved to see that kid in Ames :smh:

Dave Rice def. dropped off those money bags

Last edited:
How good is JaQuan Lyle? Hearing Cincy may jump in with him as a Sean Kilpatrick replacement. 

I don't think many people preseason pegged Rick Barnes or Mick Cronin COY candidates but here we are
laugh.gif

Someone on twitter was saying they can't give Rick Barnes a look for coach of the year, because he put himself into this situation with a bad team because he didn't recruit well. Thought it was an interesting way to look at it.

I'm a huge fan of Hollis-Jefferson from Zona. Dude works inside.

RHJ is more ready than I/we thought. Lack of consistent perimeter shooting will doom Zona, sans Gabe York.

For a 6-foot player, Boat's passing, vision, and creativity leave much to be desired after 3 years in Storrs.

Giffey's lack of hustle last night baffled me. Hope Ollie ripped into him about energy and effort. No excuse to cough up a 10-point lead at Cincy.

Barnes for COY.

Eron Harris has been playing out of his mind with all the extra attention on Juwan Staten. Not missing from deep against Oklahoma or Kansas.

No excuses for today's performance from Michigan. You win at Kohl center and Breslin but then lay two eggs in your next two road games. Everyone team has let down games but man, these last two loses have been pathetic. Everyone needs to come back next year.

Back
Top Bottom