The College Basketball Post

NC State
sick.gif

Interested to see if the young kids at St Johns can hold onto this game. Outplayed Murray State severely in the first half (but that was on the defensive end - which they let up on to end the half).

Lavin should make the proper adjustments/give them a solid talking to and help them pull out the win

Obekpa and Jakaar Sampson look unreal so far this year

Cincy scooped up a commit from Deshaun Morman. Super athletic kid to play the wings, about 6'3-6'4. I thought he was headed to Rutgers.

Technically, we're out of scholarships, but I know that the staff is all over Jermaine Lawrence still. Jeff Borzello even predicted him to end up at Cincy. I guess we'll see how that ends, but the fact that St. John's is the other team involved you never know.

SHABAZZ CLEARED TO PLAY

UCLA’s Muhammad reinstated with conditions

The NCAA and UCLA have resolved the eligibility case of Shabazz Muhammad. UCLA acknowledged amateurism violations occurred and asked the NCAA on Friday afternoon to reinstate Muhammad. The university required the student-athlete to miss 10 percent of the season (three games) and repay approximately $1,600 in impermissible benefits. The NCAA agreed the actions taken by the university were sufficient. Because Muhammad has already sat out three games, he is now eligible to compete.

According to the facts of the case, which were agreed upon by the university and the NCAA staff, Muhammad accepted travel and lodging during unofficial visits to member schools. NCAA rules, which member schools create, state that student-athletes cannot receive benefits based on their athletic ability. NCAA amateurism rules are in place so that when student-athletes step onto the court, they are competing against other student-athletes who have met the same standards.

When a school discovers an NCAA rules violation has occurred, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete’s eligibility be reinstated. The NCAA staff reviews each student-athlete reinstatement request individually based on its own merits and set of specific facts.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...t-athlete+muhammad+reinstated+with+conditions

Just in time to play Georgetown.

Last edited:
No foul on the 3 by Harrison at the end?

Wasn't rooting for either team but what an unbelievable no call

Kennedy Meeks to UNC...

III needs to change something up cause the recruiting is just not up to par

Also Issac Hamiltion to UTEP...have to assume there was some cash behind that one.

Last edited:
:pimp: bazz back... alot of talent on this years team.

and :smokin at my employer GWebb upsetting Depaul the other night without its two best players

Last edited:
Kennedy Meeks to UNC...
Also Issac Hamiltion to UTEP...have to assume there was some cash behind that one.

I was the lead for us on the Hamilton recruitment...I'm blown away to say the least...Money trail.

Nice to see Dyshawn Pierre out in Dayton balling, criminally under recruited should have went to a bigger program, thought there was no way he wasn't going to score a lot of points and stay all four years.

is Twany Beckham really that bad of a player?  Does he not have any guard skills?  How is he a transfer from another big school and Polson plays more than him? Somebody let me know whats good

Kennedy Meeks to UNC...

Yes, but last thing this program needed going forward was another slow, non-athletic, non-defending player. But a Good fit if the right parts are around him.

III has this year and next two with SO group to capitalize. After that, it's going to get ugly if things aren't changed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom