The College Basketball Post

roll.gif

I said this about Duke on the Rakeem Christmas block.

Its called home court advantage for a reason.

At home you get calls like that, in the carrier dome no way that's a charge. That's the game, deal with it.

EDIT

Can you win a national championship if CJ fair is your go to scorer?

I'm not so sure.

Yes. IMO.

Again, I agree.

Look for my post a few pages back from last week about being nervous that KU doesn't have a go to guy I'd feel comfortable with as a fan...for Duke? I'd feel confident in Jabari getting a bucket off Iso late in the game...Wiggins? Too shaky on the dribble.

And for those that compared him to LBJ aren't true basketball fans b/c no one is LBJ...that was unfair to Wiggins.

It's not even fair to compare Bari to Melo

I was having a discussion with my buddies about if Self left who KU would hire and when you think about it there really aren't many coaches who would leave their school that we, as KU fans, would like as KUs coach....

I was having a discussion with my buddies about if Self left who KU would hire and when you think about it there really aren't many coaches who would leave their school that we, as KU fans, would like as KUs coach....

Like me and college football with Bob Stoops.

Like me and college football with Bob Stoops.
Exactly...

The list we came up with was Sean Miller, Thad Matta (who, by the way, is A LOT younger than he looks...he's 46), Shaka Smart..

My ideal situation would be Brad Stevens getting fired from Boston in 3-4 years and the KU job opening up at the same time.

Exactly...

The list we came up with was Sean Miller, Thad Matta (who, by the way, is A LOT younger than he looks...he's 46), Shaka Smart..

My ideal situation would be Brad Stevens getting fired from Boston in 3-4 years and the KU job opening up at the same time.

Matta is 46?

how did maryland fall so far from a tier 1/2 program?
In his later years Gary Williams struggled to recruit the DMV area.. he was just unwilling to play all the games with AAU coaches, and do all the under the table stuff etc. The area is always gonna be a hotbed for talent, but UMD (and Georgetown to an extent) have to regain their recruiting clout.

Lol, i cant see him leaving? NBA offers in the near future?
Just don't see him being a Coach K/Boeheim/Izzo...

I think OKC or San Antonio will come calling (I'm sure they already have) and he'll listen within the next 4-5 years.
Bill Self will never be a "Coach K" but he's currently on par with Boeheim and Izzo minus the longevity... and he's 8 years younger than Izzo with no reason to believe his success won't continue. What am I missing?

Bill Self will never be a "Coach K" but he's currently on par with Boeheim and Izzo minus the longevity... and he's 8 years younger than Izzo with no reason to believe his success won't continue. What am I missing?
I'm not saying he will get fired... Just think that he will take an NBA job and test that out before it's all said and done.

Yeah I don't think Bill Self has any business in the NBA, not that type of coach.

I think he's smart enough to know that...

I'm not saying he will get fired... Just think that he will take an NBA job and test that out before it's all said and done.
Ah, you meant as in staying in one place for a long time. I gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom