The College Basketball Post

I remember when some of you clowns said Cliff Alexander > Jah
laugh.gif
TF

Would like to see those quotes 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
K State

It may come down to the final Saturday with KU at Oklahoma and Iowa State at TCU.  We still have some tough games left.  

I remember when some of you clowns said Cliff Alexander > Jah :lol:

I def was wondering it during that stretch where Cliff was super dominant on the circuit/hs. Long term pro potential is different than who was playing the best at the time, though.

I was way off on projecting Cliff's size and athleticism. He just looks smaller and doesn't play at the rim like I thought he would.

He did go on a tear and outplayed and beat Okafor straight up last year. But now he looks incredibly average. I guess it's similar to saying Boat > Bazz before last year.

Last edited:
I remember when some of you clowns said Cliff Alexander > Jah :lol:

:lol:

I remember this, I tried my best to disabuse y'all of that notion.

No way after seeing Okafor dominate older kids in FIBA competitions basically as a autoamatic bucket on the right block was I going to belive a 6'8 center was going to be better.

I was way off on projecting Cliff's size and athleticism. He just looks smaller and doesn't play at the rim like I thought he would.

He did go on a tear and outplayed and beat Okafor straight up last year. But now he looks incredibly average. I guess it's similar to saying Boat > Bazz before last year.

His athleticism still good, He has real low basketball IQ and that works great in high school/aau but is getting exposed now especially with Kansas never ending lack of point guards.

Last edited:
I feel like Self doesn't maximize the potential of those bigs and when they get to the league they end up becoming an after thought. Word to that 10-day contract TRobb just signed :smh:

How was TRob's potential not maximized? His ceiling was never high to begin with.

Call me a homer all you want, but anyone saying "Self isn't a good coach" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

The best? No, not even close.

Good? Uh...yeah, duh.

self is my least favorite successful coach. dont like anything about his teams. runs a clean program, but other than that, not a fan of his.

I feel like Self doesn't maximize the potential of those bigs and when they get to the league they end up becoming an after thought. Word to that 10-day contract TRobb just signed :smh:

How was TRob's potential not maximized? His ceiling was never high to begin with.

He was undersized, should've been focusing on developing a midrange jump shot instead of having him play bully ball for 2 years. We already knew he could be a force in the paint at the collegiate level due to his size but that wasn't gonna fly in the NBA.

Not saying Self was supposed to turn him into some godly talent, but there were definitely areas he could've improved on that would've helped him at the next level.

Self is excellent at coaching college basketball, it's not his job to develop prospects for the NBA.

Last edited:
Self is a great college basketball coach IMO

What he does with Elite HS players is a different subject but he is great with the Perry Ellis types

Back
Top Bottom