The College Basketball Post

He reminds me of Paulus but with actual talent. Like a mini Hansbuns in the way he gets hyped.
So nothing like Paulus
roll.gif

Grayson has to get compared to a black player tbh....dude got springs 

UNC lost 12 games this year and people are saying they'll be top 5, so why couldn't we? MD will have arguably one of the best frontcourts in the country as well as one of the best point guards....
UNC did play the toughest schedule in the nation and could possibly return a sweet 16 team that had runner up to the championship Wisconsin on the ropes. 

I do agree that Maryland will be good as well, and they should be who does the Big 10 have next year? They should win the conference next season.  

But he wasnt talking about one and done players, hes said on many occasions he would love to get them and he does recruit them..he said immediately  after he was talking about 5th year post-graduate transfer players with the "rent-a-player" comment...either way he should've handled that postgame wayyyy better

props to Coach K and the kids they played a great game...Tyus is cold-blooded 

Last edited:
"All the seniors that I've had -- hard to say the word. But every player that's played through the program, okay, we don't do a rent-a-player. You know what I mean? Try to take a fifth-year guy. That's okay. If other people do that, that's okay. I like trying to build from within. It's just the way I am. And to see these guys grow over the years and to be here last year and lose a tough game, boom, they came back."
Video of quote in the link: http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...doesnt-rent-players-after-losing-championship

So who is he taking shots at with the rent a player comment? Why even say that? Duke didn't have any rent a players that made any difference. That is if he was talking about 5th year seniors

Last edited:
"All the seniors that I've had -- hard to say the word. But every player that's played through the program, okay, we don't do a rent-a-player. You know what I mean? Try to take a fifth-year guy. That's okay. If other people do that, that's okay. I like trying to build from within. It's just the way I am. And to see these guys grow over the years and to be here last year and lose a tough game, boom, they came back."
Video of quote in the link: http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...doesnt-rent-players-after-losing-championship

:lol: sour grapes

You're 67, Bob Ryan. Maybe you should change your recruiting/coaching philosophy before you retire, and then there's a chance you'll be able to get that elusive championship you've been chasing....

Who knows why he brought it up 
laugh.gif

That comment was better served for a different time and a different setting...certainly not after a championship game

Tbh i always thought the post-graduate transfer was a strange rule...not even when Russell Wilson came for his last year at UW

Anybody seen Fordham's Eric Paschall play this past season ? He's looking at different schools to transfer to, but I don't know about his game

Don't see anything wrong with what Bo said. He does it his way. *shrugs

Mountain out of a mole hill.

Luther one shining moment is ***.

The OG version is the bidness

The timing of Bo's rent-a-player quote makes absolutely zero sense if he in-fact was only talking about the 5th year transfers...Personally, I think he blurted out that comment out of frustration with regards to one and done players, then quickly realized he shouldn't be saying that and tried to cover his tracks...

Back
Top Bottom