The College Basketball Post

I guess 
How is Skal grabbing only 4 boards a game? This is who Osh Kosh was proclaiming as the #1 pick over Simmons?

*scratches head*
He's a skilled 7 footer, him and Dragan Bender will be potential threats to Simmons because when ur 7 ft or 7'1 with skills it means a lot to NBA gms

How is Skal grabbing only 4 boards a game? This is who Osh Kosh was proclaiming as the #1 pick over Simmons?

*scratches head*

Lee and Poythress have been doing the dirty work while Skal gets comfortable with the game. I expect those numbers to improve as the season progresses.

Speaking of rebounding, I really like what I'm seeing from Charles Matthews, every time he gets some burn he's always down in the paint crashing the boards. Pretty impressive for a guard.

Lee and Poythress have been doing the dirty work while Skal gets comfortable with the game. I expect those numbers to improve as the season progresses.

Speaking of rebounding, I really like what I'm seeing from Charles Matthews, every time he gets some burn he's always down in the paint crashing the boards. Pretty impressive for a guard.

Yea, I thought Matthews was bigger than his actual size after seeing him banging down low yesterday. Definitely plays big.

Gonna get a fun discussion going, let's think about the next coaches of the top tier program and who they will be...I'll start with my predictions. (FWIW, I'm just kinda throwing darts for fun on a lot of these)

+ Kentucky -- Sean Miller

+ Duke -- Brad Stevens

+ Indiana -- Matt Painter

+ Kansas -- Mark Turgeon

+ UNC -- Jay Wright

+ Louisville -- Gregg Marshall

+ UCLA -- Tony Bennett

Yea, I thought Matthews was bigger than his actual size after seeing him banging down low yesterday. Definitely plays big.

#Crib :pimp:

Total wild guesses on my part :lol:

Indiana: Gregg Marshall (after this season)
Louisville: Chris Mack or Archie Miller... Unless Little Rick gets things going at Minnesota
UNC... Tough to pick, but I'll say Jay Wright... Idk

I think Duke hires within the Coach K tree... Could be Wojo, Capel, Dawkins, or Hurley. I'll go Hurley bc I think he's a damn good coach. He retains the current assistant staff.

Kansas is tough to predict bc I think Self will be there roughly another decade.

I think Tony Bennett ends up at Wisconsin, but he'd be a good fit at Michigan St after Izzo retires IMO. Sean Miller stays put at Zona.

And I feel sorry for whoever follows Cal at UK. He has created unreasonable expectations within this fan base. Big shoes to fill... I'll say Billy Donovan after a few good-but-not-great seasons gets him fired from OKC.

Last edited:
I guess 

*scratches head*

He's a skilled 7 footer, him and Dragan Bender will be potential threats to Simmons because when ur 7 ft or 7'1 with skills it means a lot to NBA gms
Please. Rebounding is about heart, and skal is looking like kill-aid early.

Iowa State :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I grew up playing against Uthoff, was happy to see him cook in that first half but glad ISU was able to pull it out :pimp:

Did you hear about the reporter at Iowa State who got trampled and I believe broke his leg when the students stormed the court??

Hurley is the best of the Duke guys coaching right now and might end up the best candidate but I wonder if it goes to a guy who didn't pay his coaching dues @ Duke.

Iowa collapses have been pretty common, but last night was awful. Still another tournament team though.

Back
Top Bottom