The College Basketball Post

Just got back to Baltimore from NYC. Atmosphere was electric last night. Felt like an NCAA tourney game. We looked pretty unbeatable in the first half. Defense was strong and we were pounding it inside with ease. UConn's late run had me a bit scared for sure. Great time.

After reading the reports on how hard practice was on Monday, I think we bounce back strong although EKU's offense is legit.

Is the game on SEC Network?
ESPN 2 I read about all the "constructive criticism" they had for Skal,basically calling him frail but I have to kind of agree with that.

After reading the reports on how hard practice was on Monday, I think we bounce back strong although EKU's offense is legit.

Is the game on SEC Network?
ESPN 2 I read about all the "constructive criticism" they had for Skal,basically calling him frail but I have to kind of agree with that.

Bet.

And I definitely agree, Skal has been getting housed in the paint all season, we need him to step up more than anyone right now.

Poythress also needs to become a man among boys, he's been here too long not to have an impact on the game.

Just got back to Baltimore from NYC. Atmosphere was electric last night. Felt like an NCAA tourney game. We looked pretty unbeatable in the first half. Defense was strong and we were pounding it inside with ease. UConn's late run had me a bit scared for sure. Great time.

Truth. Also saw two Maryland fans get put to sleep by Uconn fans before even reaching the metal detectors :lol:

Also saw another fight breakout in the stands in the 2nd half. MSG was LIT last night.

Didn't like what I saw in the 2nd half at all, we took our foot off the gas and played real sloppy.

AP and Lee had big games, that type of production from them consistently will take a lot of pressure off the guards.

It's early, not clicking like some of the veteran teams, but they'll get it together.

Didn't like what I saw in the 2nd half at all, we took our foot off the gas and played real sloppy.

AP and Lee had big games, that type of production from them consistently will take a lot of pressure off the guards.

It's early, not clicking like some of the veteran teams, but they'll get it together.
I'll co sign all this,Poy with a good game tonight..Get more impressed with Briscoe every game,still don't see him as one and done though :nerd:

We played EKU. There is nothing more to say...lol.

Dayton Basketball :pimp:

Ohio State the 3rd best program in the state...not 3rd best team...3rd best program..

You watch the Dayton/Xavier game? Yesterday was a nice win for Dayton but Xavier completely throttled them... Chill on putting em ahead of OSU

Dayton Basketball
pimp.gif

Ohio State the 3rd best program in the state...not 3rd best team...3rd best program..
You're drunk, b.
I second this. Ohio State had a 13 point lead in a Final Four game 4 years ago. Let's relax on that "3rd best program in the state" talk.

KU beat Holy Cross 92-59 last night.

They have been shooting a RIDICULOUS percentage from 3 since the Michigan State game. 

Selden is at 59.5% on the year.

Greene is at 88% (8 of 9...missed 5 games due to suspension) on the year.

Mason is 45%.

Graham is 43%.

The team is at 47% on the year.

Crazy. Don't expect those to keep up, but, it's been nice to see the guys making shots. To give you some context...the Michigan State game was (by far) their worst shooting performance of the year. Making 20% from 3 and only 35% of their field goals total.

EKU is no slouch team 5th in the NCAA in scoring and 6th in 3% maybe got those backwards but offensively a good team....My semi alma mater :lol:

That would mean something if the opponents hadn't been:
Union College
Coppin State
UNC-W
Ball State
South Carolina St.
Longwood University
Thomas More
Southern Utah
WKU
Savannah State

EKU is no slouch team 5th in the NCAA in scoring and 6th in 3% maybe got those backwards but offensively a good team....My semi alma mater :lol:

That would mean something if the opponents hadn't been:
Union College
Coppin State
UNC-W
Ball State
South Carolina St.
Longwood University
Thomas More
Southern Utah
WKU
Savannah State

The points I made last night had more so to do with the fact that we got ran out of the gym, on the road vs UCLA ... then we come back with a half *** effort at home vs EKU.

I was expecting to see some more fire from this squad last night, especially after putting up 50 points in the 1st half.

The points I made last night had more so to do with the fact that we got ran out of the gym, on the road vs UCLA ... then we come back with a half *** effort at home vs EKU.

I was expecting to see some more fire from this squad last night, especially after putting up 50 points in the 1st half.
For sure. I think this team just doesn't have a feel for each other yet. Still feels like a lot of independent pieces. Ulis is making up for much of our lack of cohesiveness.

For sure. I think this team just doesn't have a feel for each other yet. Still feels like a lot of independent pieces. Ulis is making up for much of our lack of cohesiveness.

Agree with that 100%

How is Skal grabbing only 4 boards a game? This is who Osh Kosh was proclaiming as the #1 pick over Simmons?

*scratches head*

Back
Top Bottom