The College Basketball Post

Iowa St fans storming the court was pretty sad. They've been better than Iowa for years so it's all around weird

Sparty not even playing great ball but continuing to find a way to win :smokin

Cool to see Dantonio and Shalique Calhoun speak briefly to the crowd at halftime.

Deandre Ayton says duke kansas and Kentucky in his top 3...kinda shocked duke is in it

Last edited:
Iowa St fans storming the court was pretty sad. They've been better than Iowa for years so it's all around weird

ISU has a passionate fan base, especially the students. Yes they're clearly the better team than Iowa but after struggling in the first half and then overcoming that deficit to hit a game winner... Let the kids exercise that passion.

Xavier won by 10 tho comfortably [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Last edited:
For those of you that watched KU/Oregon State last night...I think you saw KU's floor and ceiling in the same game.

1st half was 
sick.gif

2nd half was 
pimp.gif

Wasn't able to watch UK/ASU last night...Skal just soft or what?

Also, Xavier is a top 8 team.

Really is going to be something if J. Jones gets canned after getting Simmons. They are not making the tournament.

For those of you that watched KU/Oregon State last night...I think you saw KU's floor and ceiling in the same game.

1st half was :x
2nd half was :pimp:

Wasn't able to watch UK/ASU last night...Skal just soft or what?

Also, Xavier is a top 8 team.
Yes,Skal super soft,hoping when Wynyard arrives he can push Skal around in practice and toughen him up a bit..

Don't really see why Iowa St and Kansas deserve to be ahead of Maryland, but whatever, it's early and doesn't matter anyways...

Don't really see why Iowa St and Kansas deserve to be ahead of Maryland, but whatever, it's early and doesn't matter anyways...
What makes you say that? Just curious, not necessarily disagreeing.

But, I put together my top 30 last night and noticed a lot of things...Providence and Louisville almost have the same resume as KU...only loss is to the top ranked team in the country. I think a lot of people are just trusting Self/future NBA players more? I dunno. Also, how do you rank UNC and Maryland? UNC beat the Terps, but also have two road losses -- one on a buzzer beater, another without their MVP.

I'm not really sure how much the people who vote look at things like this but Marylands SOS and RPI aren't really that good.

Last edited:
What makes you say that? Just curious, not necessarily disagreeing.

But, I put together my top 30 last night and noticed a lot of things...Providence and Louisville almost have the same resume as KU...only loss is to the top ranked team in the country. I think a lot of people are just trusting Self/future NBA players more? I dunno. Also, how do you rank UNC and Maryland? UNC beat the Terps, but also have two road losses -- one on a buzzer beater, another without their MVP.
Personally, I think UNC and Maryland are the best 2 teams in the country. For UNC, I'm not putting much into their loss at Northern Iowa without Paige. It was a true road game without the guy who is by far their best player. The Texas loss is tough. Team was healthy, but it was still a true road game. Maryland's one loss was a true road game at UNC when they had just gotten their best player back. I'm imagining that this will be one of the toughest true road games that any top team will play all year. Only ones that I would think would be as tough is when Kansas goes to Iowa State and when Maryland has to go to Michigan State.

That loss to Texas has everyone skeptical about UNC stock. Just read a piece on ESPN asking if they can regain the glory of their legacy or are they just a name now.

Crazy :smh:

I'm not really sure how much the people who vote look at things like this but Marylands SOS and RPI aren't really that good.
I do think Maryland's schedule will be tougher than Kentucky by season's end due to how weak the SEC is. Big Ten isn't much better this year besides Sparty and Purdue. It's probably already been better as it is now too. So far UK has played Duke in Chicago, UCLA on the road, and ASU at home. Louisville game coming up will be big. Maryland has played GTown at home UNC on the road, and UConn at MSG.

That road game vs UNC might just be the toughest OCC game we'll see this year from any team. In my opinion that game / loss scores more than UK beating Duke on a neutral court.

Back
Top Bottom