The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Exactly... Its Time To Prove You're Loyalty Dre!

You Know What You Have To Do! May the spirit of Grant Hills 90 ft pass be with you breathren.
pimp.gif
this guy ... almost posting the most ridiculous / hilarious statements.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

No. 3 Louisville survives scare from NKU

HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. -- Third-ranked Louisville survived a scare as they defeated Division II Northern Kentucky 84-69 in an exhibition game tonight.

Freshman forward Samardo Samuels led the Cardinals with 29 points. He was 10-of-11 from the floor and made 9-of-12 free throws. Earl Clark had 10 rebounds for Louisville.

Dustin Maguire led the Norse with 33 points, including nine 3-pointers.

The Norse led the Cardinals 49-48 with less than 13 minutes to play before the Cardinals took the lead for good on a lay-up by George Goode.

Louisville's women's team beat NKU's women 90-73 in the first game of the double-header.

The games were the first to be played in NKU's new Bank of Kentucky Center
Samuels.
sick.gif
smh.gif

caught a bit of it...Williams is a joke...trash talking fans in his street clothes...

DII fans...

I know the media isn't allowed at those scrimmages, but will there be any kind of articles or stats or anything from those games? I'm curious howA&M did against TCU...

Nah...not stats (unless someone there counts), you prob can find reports tho...

they play 3 sessions, not really game format.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Samardo Samuels is a damn man
sick.gif

How the hell did he only get 4 rebounds, though?

he is.
sick.gif

how the hell did Perry Stevenson get 20 boards friday night?

and Billy G got a tech with like 90 secs left and we were up by about 25.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Somebody go kick that ({}) in his shin
laugh.gif
*paging Dre*

Time to get your Lee Malvo on fam
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Exactly... Its Time To Prove You're Loyalty Dre!

You Know What You Have To Do! May the spirit of Grant Hills 90 ft pass be with you breathren.
pimp.gif

***Heads down 15-501 towards UNC ***

I caught the second half of that Louisville game and they liked terrible.
Earl Clark looked like $+!*. Sosa was iight. Samuels was an animal, though.
Otherwise, they looked bad.

Samuels was an animal, though.
Whats the reasoning behind his lack of rebounds though? Does he not go hard on the defensive end and saves it all for offense? I imagine dudeshould be averaging a double double easy.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Whats the reasoning behind his lack of rebounds though? Does he not go hard on the defensive end and saves it all for offense? I imagine dude should be averaging a double double easy.
I only caught the 2nd half but he definitely looked slow on D. Granted the other team didn't really have a post player and put out 4 shootersbut it's obvious his D needs to improve a lot by BE play. Offensively, his positioning is good and he opens up well. He's gonna get to the line a lot.

Originally Posted by dreClark

***Heads down 15-501 towards UNC ***
laugh.gif

don't do it dre...i want him to play when we play them.

Ricardo Malta wrote:
Whats the reasoning behind his lack of rebounds though? Does he not go hard on the defensive end and saves it all for offense? I imagine dude should be averaging a double double easy.
he only had 5 boards in their first game...but yeah, he's been to the line 33 times in 2 games.

KU keeps it tight, but Cards prevail
U of L wins 84-69 to christen arena

By Jody Demling • [email protected] • November 9, 2008

HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. -- University of Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino welcomed the idea of playing one of his team's two exhibition games on the road, opening Northern Kentucky University's new Bank of Kentucky Center.
Advertisement
Faith-based University Prepares Teachers to be in High Demand
How to Choose a Remodeling Contractor
Working Moms Can Win a $10,000 Scholarship

He said he preferred taking his team into a hostile environment, rather than scoring a blowout over another opponent at home.

Last night Pitino got that and more as his team had to come from behind in the second half against the scrappy Norse.

The No. 3 Cardinals trailed with 12:09 left in the game and clawed to beat their Division II foe 84-69 in front of 8,111 fans.

Though cheers of "overrated" came from the Norse student section, Pitino was elated with the victory.

"We are very pleased and very, very happy with the win," he said. "We don't underrate anyone. You would have to be a snob not to be pleased."

Samardo Samuels, U of L's 6-foot-9 freshman, was 10 of 11 from the floor and led the way with 29 points.

Still, Pitino called his play "terrible."

By the coach's count, Samuels gave up 15 points on defense, and he amassed only four rebounds.

Pitino was pleased with Edgar Sosa, who scored 18 points. Earl Clark scored all eight of his points in the second half, Will Scott added eight and Preston Knowles and Jerry Smith had seven apiece.

U of L captain Terrence Williams (knee) and freshman Kyle Kuric (ankle) did not dress.

U of L, which edged NAIA power Georgetown College in the first exhibition, had trouble stopping the smaller, sharpshooting Norse.

Sophomore guard Dustin Maguire led the Norse with 33 points. He shot 12 of 16, including 9 of 12 from three-point range. One of his three-pointers -- from about 25 feet -- was a bank shot with Jerry Smith coming at him as the shot clock expired.

"He had one of those Reggie Miller nights," Andre McGee said. "He was insanely hot tonight."

NKU finished the game 12 of 28 from three-point range.

"We would have an easier time defending a Big East team than we would Northern Kentucky, and I know that sounds crazy," Pitino said. "But when you play four or five guards, Samardo Samuels is not used to guarding a guy who fades to hit a three; it's totally unorthodox. This team probably shoots more threes than any team we'll face."

Louisville looked lethargic in the first half, with Samuels scoring 20 points as the Cardinals led just 36-31.

Maguire sparked the Norse attack with five three-pointers in the first half, then hit two long bombs in a 13-2 run early in the second to put NKU ahead 46-42.

"You can't put a value on being behind," Pitino said.

His team responded like a veteran club.

Knowles sparked the U of L comeback. He made a three-pointer, and Maguire answered with his own. Knowles then forced a turnover that led to a Clark three-point play to pull the Cardinals within 49-48.

George Goode then made a putback before Will Scott hit a three-pointer and Knowles hit a short jumper to get the Cardinals going again.

The Norse still trailed only 65-61 when Samuels and Sosa keyed a 12-2 run that gave U of L some breathing room. Samuels had seven points, including a three-point play, and Sosa hit a three-pointer and a jumper in the run.

I don't know if that is just typical Pitino that we see talking down on his players or what. UC has this same team on Tuesday so it'll be interestingto see what we do against them.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I don't know if that is just typical Pitino that we see talking down on his players or what.
all of 'em do that...Pitino does it alot though.

Perry Stevenson had 16 points, 20 boards, and 7 blocks friday night...and Gillispie said he played "horrible."
laugh.gif

Starting 5:

Nolan, Plummee, Singler, Henderson, Scheyer.
nerd.gif

Seems Kyle is still playing the 4. Not that bad, I guess to be playing the 3/4, rather than the 4/5

0ae15cb9a619539fc6a77a9890927a452ad4461.jpg

Harrison Barnes, Dre and McAdoo

0e435c31b26ba10e1c2950289c75a4377356b0a.jpg

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom