The College Basketball Post

AJ been playin to his potential, which is all american status, so they prob will keep winnin haha
smokin.gif

UCONN> Big East

Give me an actual reason as to why.....

Because Georgetown is 24-2 in the past 26 BE games?

Yeah, that must be it.

I was givin Uconn all kinda props lately, but chill with that talk.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

UCONN> Big East

Yeah, that must be it.

roll.gif
they're getting so full of themselves the past two weeks...it's hilarious.

UCONN> Big East

Yeah, that must be it.

Ohhh please...spare me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Georgetown is supposed to be the "creme-de-la-creme" of our league and ya'll barely won against the "old uconn". It took adesperation shot, from a big man, with a very unlikely odd of winning, to beat us
roll.gif

Ok i'll admit, Uconn is certainly not better the the ENTIRE league but do recognize that Uconn has been the TEAM TO BEAT for several yrs in the B.E.Georgetown just recently acquired their national swag...(if i am not mistaken, really took off for ya last year).
UCONN had a horrible season last yr because all our veterans/leaders...got drafted in the FIRST ROUND of the NBA draft...ALL OF 'EM. With no realleadership, and veterans (the closest been Jeff Adrian but he was only a sophomore) you're doomed to suffer the fate of a rebuilding yr. That's ourexcuse for the horrible season we had last yr. How does Georgetown explain the consecutive yrs of crap they had before last season...
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Where was Georgetown when Uconn was winning NCAA championships and Big East Championships along with the 'Cuse and 'Burge's...c'monfam...I'll tip my hat to the G'men for been the Team to Beat in the league, this yr...but don't act like ya'll ninjas been doing it BIG.

GTown is 26-2 in the last 2 seasons...cool...now lets juxtapose the last 5 seasons for both teams...I think that would be a better assessment of which teamis BETTER...
tired.gif

How does Georgetown explain the consecutive yrs of crap they had before last season.
Craig Esherick was the head coach?????

yeah, that kind of was a big deal, and now we have one of the Top 5 coaches in the game...

Georgetown as a program is in as good of shape as any program in the country right now...with current players, coaching, recruiting.

So we barely beat you...we still beat you.....we win a lot of close games, key word, win.

And Roy hitting that shot was not a thing of luck.

If you want to bring up the past, where was Uconn in the 80's when Georgetown was an elite team? that's a dumb argument.

It's about here and now. And Georgetown is the best team in the Big East for this year, and most likely, the foreseeable future.

I really don't know what else is wanted. You put the teams in front of Gtown, and they beat them.

Don't get me wrong...
I don't want Uconn in the BE tourny or the NCAA's...
they are playing really good ball right now, AJ, Thabeet and Stanley are playin very good, AJ even damn near great.

But there is no evidence, no stats, no nothin that anyone can conjure up to say they are the best in the conference.

I think that would be a better assessment of which team is BETTER

Are Emeka and Ben stepping on the floor, are Tony Bethel and Drew Hall? Is Craig Esherick returnin to the sideline?

How does looking at the past 5 seasons show who is better right now?
but don't act like ya'll ninjas been doing it BIG.

You keep bringing up the past, so is Georgetown not one of the most influential/storied programs in College Basketball?

I'm not discrediting Uconn's program or current team, at all. But I don't know if the box scores are leading people to believe Georgetown isoverrated or what, I don't get it.
Georgetown just recently acquired their national swag...

I hate the word 'swag' used in sports...but Georgetown defined swagger in college hoops for 15 years.

GTown is 26-2 in the last 2 seasons...cool...now lets juxtapose the last 5 seasons for both teams...I think that would be a better assessment of which team is BETTER...image

How the hell are you gonna make an excuse about losing a bunch of starters in the first round 3 years ago, saying how great y'all were then,...and then tryto manipulate the numbers to look a lot better for y'all right now this year?
smh.gif

Georgetown just recently acquired their national swag...

I hate the word 'swag' used in sports...but Georgetown defined swagger in college hoops for 15 years.

Defiantly right about that.

You guys ran the Big East when you had JT and Ewing. I won't lie, i wasn't even alive but i have seen enough games to know yall were beasts.

" Manley is officially closed"
laugh.gif
tired.gif

For the record I wasn't even arguing that Cuse would be better then Uconn IF we had Rautins and Dorf....that's a given. Was talking about Cuse with thecurrent roster.

How does Georgetown explain the consecutive yrs of crap they had before last season.
Craig Esherick was the head coach?????

yeah, that kind of was a big deal, and now we have one of the Top 5 coaches in the game...

Georgetown as a program is in as good of shape as any program in the country right now...with current players, coaching, recruiting.

So we barely beat you...we still beat you.....we win a lot of close games, key word, win.

And Roy hitting that shot was not a thing of luck.

If you want to bring up the past, where was Uconn in the 80's when Georgetown was an elite team? that's a dumb argument.

It's about here and now. And Georgetown is the best team in the Big East for this year, and most likely, the foreseeable future.

I really don't know what else is wanted. You put the teams in front of Gtown, and they beat them.

Don't get me wrong...
I don't want Uconn in the BE tourny or the NCAA's...
they are playing really good ball right now, AJ, Thabeet and Stanley are playin very good, AJ even damn near great.

But there is no evidence, no stats, no nothin that anyone can conjure up to say they are the best in the conference.

I think that would be a better assessment of which team is BETTER

Are Emeka and Ben stepping on the floor, are Tony Bethel and Drew Hall? Is Craig Esherick returnin to the sideline?

How does looking at the past 5 seasons show who is better right now?
but don't act like ya'll ninjas been doing it BIG.

You keep bringing up the past, so is Georgetown not one of the most influential/storied programs in College Basketball?

I'm not discrediting Uconn's program or current team, at all. But I don't know if the box scores are leading people to believe Georgetown is overrated or what, I don't get it.

You have one of the top 5 coaches in the game...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...he's good but don't lie to yourself. Ask me and I will pick 5 coachesbetter than him,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. If that's your opinion then its cool...but that's just what it is...anopinion, not a fact.

Honestly, you beat us...there's no refuting that. But be honest with yourself...as a true G'town fan (i am assuming), you have to admit that beatingus in the final seconds...with a shot from the most unlikely person...AT HOME...when ya'll blew a big lead...(once again, AT HOME) was in no way, the signof an ELITE TEAM. Hell I can go so far as to say that Hibbert made that 3 because (1) in no way in hell was anyone going to think he would shoot a 3...and (2)in no way in (hell) x (hell) did anyone think he would make it. But he did and ya'll won against the "old uconn"...no argument here...

If you really believe Grandpa hitting that 3 wasn't luck then you've really lost it. Because i will bet money that it was. Did you see the recap andhighlights. The coach was in disbelief...because he himself knew they got way with one by the hair on his chinny chin chin
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Georgetown was indeed an ELITE team in the 80's but that's exactly that...in the 80's...comon...there wasn't the level of comp. now backthen so yeah...that argument is kinda weak. That's like telling me you made honor roll during the entire 5th grade year...okkk...good job, wan' acookie now. The real test of a schools superiority can only be measured in the present because this time period is when you have them most and bestCompetition. Uconn wasn't an "Elite" in the 80's but check your records...we were good...but sh*& i wouldn't brag about it 'causeit means nothing.

[You put the teams in front of Gtown, and they beat them.]...except for the ranked ones,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
word to 'Burgh and Memph'

[ Are Emeka and Ben stepping on the floor, are Tony Bethel and Drew Hall? Is Craig Esherick returnin to the sideline? How does looking at the past 5 seasonsshow who is better right now?]

Well you wanted to bring up G'towns big east record from last season to show that they are a better team. My thing is if you want to reference thepast, why limit yourself to a small sample (last season). Why not take a bigger sample, like the last 5 seasons to get a more accurate answer as to which teamis better. Hell compare the 80s, 90s, and 00's-now, of both seasons and i am confident UCONN will have a the better team based on what has beenaccomplished, and what will be accomplised in the coming weeks. That's a much fairer assessment...word to STatitics.
[You keep bringing up the past, sois Georgetown not one of the most influential/storied programs in College Basketball?]
alien.gif
alien.gif
Nooo...
tired.gif

Georgetown is overrated. They are a false ELITE. They would fail miserably against the real Elites of the NCAA. They already fell to Memphis claiming theirfalse title. "BUt so did Uconn"...well Uconn was not "Elite" and even still, we gave Memphis a lot more hell of a fight than G'towndid.

But in the end...regardless of my much superior arguments, you are correct when you say G'town is CURRENTLY the best in the league today...but you knowwhat they say...tomorrow aint guaranteed...I'm done
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Im not readin all this but Uconn>BE simply aint true. We are on a nice run but other teams are proven winners with their current squads. We will see come BEand Ncaa tourney time. And to those sayin AJ aint all american potential check the list at the end of next year and tell me im wrong

Originally Posted by tmay407

GTown is 26-2 in the last 2 seasons...cool...now lets juxtapose the last 5 seasons for both teams...I think that would be a better assessment of which team is BETTER...image

How the hell are you gonna make an excuse about losing a bunch of starters in the first round 3 years ago, saying how great y'all were then,...and then try to manipulate the numbers to look a lot better for y'all right now this year?
smh.gif

And who the hell are you...TEXAS A&M
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
...man go sit somewhere...this is a BIG BAD EAST conversation...you needto take your training wheels off before you can ride down here...
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

But because you're a child, i will answer you. Allen6xers brought up the numbers in an attempt to manipulate...i simply stated that if he wants to lookat records, he shouldn't limit himself to last season...he should at least go back 5yrs to get a more accurate description on which team is better.Evidence and support for the proposed evidence is everything. Me referencing 5yrs is better evidence for my argument than you referencing 1 year. The evidencein, at least, 5 years trumps the 1 year he is bringing up.

But like i said...this is a convo between GIANTS...you should scamper away before you get trampled on.
wink.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif
illini are MAD at Eric Gordon... they musta had this game circled for awhile now... they actually showed up for it.

We didn't show Elite signs against your team, ok what is 19-2(9-1)??

Are losses at Memphis and at Pitt something to be ashamed of? there is one undefeated team and that is Memphis....I guess only Memphis, Kansas and Duke areelite this year since they don't have 2 losses...

Why not take a bigger sample, like the last 5 seasons
Since you are a history buff, you should know what JT3 inherited. And yes, I'd like know 5 coaches better.
The coach was in disbelief...because he himself knew they got way with one by the hair on his chinny chin chin
Really..

"That's not a fluke. That's not a shocker. That's not a once-in-a-lifetime thing that Roy makes that shot," Thompson said. "If youleave him open -- he has shown every day in practice and a few times this year -- if you're not going to play him, he can make that shot."
Georgetown was indeed an ELITE team in the 80's but that's exactly that...in the 80's...comon.

You brought up the past, so then I did....and now that's not valid...Ok....we're better now...?

But wait...you say this...

Hell compare the 80s, 90s, and 00's-now
?

you are correct when you say G'town is CURRENTLY the best in the league today
So why are we arguing? Because you said Uconn > Big East?

But now Georgetown is the best in the league??

Make up your mind.

I'll leave it at that, I won't talk about them in this post, makes me feel like a homer.

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

Im not readin all this but Uconn>BE simply aint true. We are on a nice run but other teams are proven winners with their current squads. We will see come BE and Ncaa tourney time. And to those sayin AJ aint all american potential check the list at the end of next year and tell me im wrong

I said Uconn>BE but i was definitely joking about that...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...if you read my previous posts you'll see it.

I said All American Potential and someone doubted that. He is not better than any of those guards. But next year, he, imo, will be the best guard in the bigeast and challenging for an all american spot. Never said he should be one, but has the potential

He does, not disputing that. I get what you're sayin now.

EG havin a rough go of it tonight...this would be real bad loss.

Back
Top Bottom