The College Basketball Post

smh.gif
ST.Joes

Originally Posted by petey yup

Gtown is FAR from horrible but they're def not as good as what they're record shows. Of course it depends on matchups, but I can't see them going past the sweet 16 this year...

How about Cornell in the top 75 rpi for an ivy....I def wanna take them as an upset in the tourney over a 4 seed

13 seed AND an upset? naaaah. this team lost to colgate and bucknell... their best win is over Sienna.. Ivy league is the 24th conference in terms ofRPI, that means they're looking at a 14 or 15 seed in my opinion.. unless an unusual amount of upsets happen in the conf. tourneys that is. Either way,they ain't pullin any upsets.. write that down now.
wink.gif
(note, irealize lunardi has them as a 13 right now, but their RPI will continue dropping the rest of the season, and so will their seeding)..

They won't be a 15 seed you barbarian. 14 is the worst they would get. They prob will run the table in league play. They already beat Columbia twice who isprob the second best team in the conference. They also beat Brown easily who might be the 2nd best, if not Columbia. They will get a 13 or 14 guaranteed.I'd say 13 though.

Washington up 9 against UCLA with 10 mins left
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm here....no hiding...I wasn't here since Friday afternoon....

Yall weren't yappin that overrated, Gtown is soft, and awful stuff at the half, now were you?
ohwell.gif
If we're awful what is 95% of DI?

2nd half has been a problem in games we've dropped the past 2 years....

but to say a team STILL #1 in the Big East, with losses @ Memphis, @ Pitt and now @ Louisville is overrated, ehhh, that's up to you.

It was gona be tough. And our guards played like **%#.

Jon Wallace is playing downright awful, and Chris Wright if he can get healthy....he's needed back.

Roy needs to dominate the ball.....Dajuan can't go MIA, etc, etc....When we don't hit shots, we don't win.

I give Louisville credit, it's been obvious that if you pressure us then fall back in a zone, it causes problems...why more teams haven't done this, Idon't know....we just break the press to break it, not lookin to score
tired.gif
....and Ville cleaned up things that we used to beat them last year, like not givin room behind the zone.

I guess UCLA is awful since they are losing on the road to a far less superior team, right? You can't win them all.

Basically it was a disappointment (the 2nd half)...but we win tomorrow and all is back to normal. Games in that environment only will help.

Now my other thoughts on the weekend.

- I'm not a fan of D. James or Rice, but they played all out and both had very good games.
- Jason Thompson is a !%$$!++ beast, period. 26 and 24 today, are you serious?
sick.gif
...but Siena got the W
pimp.gif

- Like said before, Thabeet is a loto pick and playin great.
- Purdue is legit....and at least 1 of my sleepers is doin well, Providence
sick.gif
(St Johns showin some heart)
- I feel sorry that Jay Bilas has to be surrounded by idiots.
- $+%+ Vitale can go back to writing in notebooks, now.

Lastly,

This Luke Harangody, badger lookin fool is a bum....he is a poor mans Tyler Hansbrough.

Put a strong 6'10 defender on him and he is doing nothing, nothing.

Cam you got a point, yall beat us
laugh.gif
. So I can't say anything or thanI disagree. We are soft at times, I've said it before too, but...last night wasn't the worst thing that could happen.
Dudes tried to e-murk me when i was just stating an OPINION...guess sh*& became FACT last night.
n1229160060_30080487_1055.jpg

Make far enough in the Garden, and you can get your shot at beating us, and then actually having something to back your opinions with

Oh and of course it's an upset but Washington is by far the best double digit loss team in the nation. With the exception of Ok St and maybe Cal, all 11 oftheir losses are to tourney teams...and mostly high seed tourney teams in that. It's tough playing in that Pac 10...

who you guys think is better AJ Price of this year or Marcus Williams the year he left UCONN?
Marcus is by far the better passer.....but AJ can score......altogether, I'd still take Marcus.

I think UNC fans are going to take the next two seasons to learn that Roy truly is the most overrated basketball coach out there... it's going to be nicehearing them all tell me I was right all along. Dude will ALWAYS get less with more... ALWAYS. That is, unless he can get Matt Doherty back on his staff toteach guys to play real basketball somehow... his gimmicky secondary break isn't necessary with the caliber of players he lands, it's time he realizedthat and stopped relying on his players pure talent alone to win games.

Sure, they'll always hang around the top 10 and make the sweet 16 consistently.. but with the number of 5 star guys he lands there, the ratio of final fourappearances is not going to be a happy one.

his gimmicky secondary break isn't necessary with the caliber of players he lands, it's time he realized that and stopped relying on his players pure talent alone to win games.
Yep....I said early this year, that Felton, McCants, May group was just special....and it woulda took a lot to screw it up...

Danny Green and Ellington came to play....one game too late
laugh.gif
This is anice lil' come back but I need Clemson to pull this one out.
it's time he realized that and stopped relying on his players pure talent alone to win games.
After 4 seasons at UNC he still doesn't know how to teach his teams how to guard the perimeter. I swear guards lick their chops when they seethe UNC game on their schedule.

After 4 seasons at UNC he still doesn't know how to teach his teams how to guard the perimeter. I swear guards lick their chops when they see the UNC game on their schedule.
Yup - and it was the same thing at kansas.. i swear, he uses every minute of every practice just teaching that fast break
laugh.gif

Wow - what a horrible call on the inbounds.. you have enough time to catch and shoot, why are you trying to get a tip type of play? those are the perfectsituations too, you can fool them into overplaying a screen and get a layup out of it a lot of times... that was bad.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

OT..... lets do this.

EDIT: We have been on the comeback since I have been biting my nails.
laugh.gif

You guys STAY breaking clemson fan's spirit.. .this is cruel what you're doing to them for the second time this year.

Back
Top Bottom