The College Basketball Post

laugh.gif
@ hansbrough flopping one time down the court.. and then the next time he gets shoved on the rebound and doesn't get a call... the boy who cried wolf.

Wow, only 5 free throws shot for Clemson? I know their guards are gettin' their rocks off but they have some bruisers down low, how are they not goingstrong and getting to the line? Go at Hansbrough, he's a terrible interior defender. Hell, just a terrible defender in general.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Wow, only 5 free throws shot for Clemson? I know their guards are gettin' their rocks off but they have some bruisers down low, how are they not going strong and getting to the line? Go at Hansbrough, he's a terrible interior defender. Hell, just a terrible defender in general.

Generally speaking - when a home team is getting 20+ more free throw attempts than the away team, there's more going on than just a lack of effort toget there by the away guys.. a little home cooking usually.

I'd rate the officiating in this game as bad to very bad, overall.. it's been bad both ways. But when there's a difference like that, it'susually not a coincidence that it's in favor of the home team.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Wow, only 5 free throws shot for Clemson? I know their guards are gettin' their rocks off but they have some bruisers down low, how are they not going strong and getting to the line? Go at Hansbrough, he's a terrible interior defender. Hell, just a terrible defender in general.

Generally speaking - when a home team is getting 20+ more free throw attempts than the away team, there's more going on than just a lack of effort to get there by the away guys.. a little home cooking usually.

I'd rate the officiating in this game as bad to very bad, overall.. it's been bad both ways. But when there's a difference like that, it's usually not a coincidence that it's in favor of the home team.

usually i'd have to agree but how many post plays did clemson do all nite? i didnt see a single one. they shot a ton of threes and got a bunch ofoffensive rebounds. i think if anything clemson shouldve driven into the paint more because carolina has no on-ball defense.

btw, go heels!

AP
1. Memphis
2. Duke
3. Kansas
4. UNC
5. Tennessee
6. UCLA
7. Stanford
8. Gtown
9. Butler
10. Mich St.
11. Texas
12. Xavier
13. Indiana
14. Wisconsin
15. Drake
16. Texas A&M
17. UConn
18. Wash St.
19. Kansas St.
20. Pitt
21. Notre Dame
22. Vanderbilt
23. Purdue
24. St Marys
25. Louisville

Book it.

Originally Posted by chickhien

Generally speaking - when a home team is getting 20+ more free throw attempts than the away team, there's more going on than just a lack of effort to get there by the away guys.. a little home cooking usually.

I'd rate the officiating in this game as bad to very bad, overall.. it's been bad both ways. But when there's a difference like that, it's usually not a coincidence that it's in favor of the home team.

usually i'd have to agree but how many post plays did clemson do all nite? i didnt see a single one. they shot a ton of threes and got a bunch of offensive rebounds. i think if anything clemson shouldve driven into the paint more because carolina has no on-ball defense.

btw, go heels!

I didnt say why or how it happened.. i'm just pointing out, a home team with a huge foul advantage... makes one wonder.

usually i'd have to agree but how many post plays did clemson do all nite? i didnt see a single one. they shot a ton of threes and got a bunch of offensive rebounds. i think if anything clemson shouldve driven into the paint more because carolina has no on-ball defense.

btw, go heels!

I didnt say why or how it happened.. i'm just pointing out, a home team with a huge foul advantage... makes one wonder.
i admit, you did make me wonder. so i checked the box scores for when unc played at clemson's home. unc had more free throw attempts...but not bymuch. this 2OT game, clemson guards took about 60 of their 89 shots. can't get to the line if your guards jacking up shots. clemson's 3 big men had atotal of 16 shot attempts, equivalent to tyler's total shot attempts.

Clemson
smh.gif
laugh.gif
There are some games you watch and no matter the score during the game, youfeel as though fate is on your side. Tonight was one of those nights for me. When we forced OT, everybody in the building knew it was a wrap for Clemson.

53-0
pimp.gif

btw, go heels!

i admit, you did make me wonder. so i checked the box scores for when unc played at clemson's home. unc had more free throw attempts...but not by much. this 2OT game, clemson guards took about 60 of their 89 shots. can't get to the line if your guards jacking up shots. clemson's 3 big men had a total of 16 shot attempts, equivalent to tyler's total shot attempts.

many foul shots come from the bonus as well though.. with the way carolina tends to press, there should've been a lot more fouls on them. 31 to 14? Ehh, i don't think so.

This is gonna be mad random, but since you mentioned his name, I might as well stir the pot a little bit.

Dean Smith is a *+#%#.

Yeah I said it. Shoulda kept his nose out of our business in the 2003 Final Four. He was in Roy Williams' head before we even got to New Orleans. Thelittle *+#%# acted like he didn't do anything wrong. You don't court another team's coach WHILE they're in the National Championship Game. Forthat, I'll never forgive him. Ok...2007/08 season can proceed.

^shot yourself in the foot right there. carolina's press is GARBAGE. if clemson actually felt pressure from unc's press, there would be higher chanceof getting some fouls. but really, quentin thomas has lead socks. wayne ellington runs like he has prosthetic legs. tyler has no footwork. so the way carolinatends to press leads to easy layups for opponents. which has been happenin all season long.

^shot yourself in the foot right there. carolina's press is GARBAGE. if clemson actually felt pressure from unc's press, there would be higher chance of getting some fouls. but really, quentin thomas has lead socks. wayne ellington runs like he has prosthetic legs. tyler has no footwork. so the way carolina tends to press leads to easy layups for opponents. which has been happenin all season long.

Not really the point - you're saying the guards couldn't have drawn fouls, but with the press, you're almost guaranteed a few cheap ones..you're telling me this team only had 7-8 fouls per half INCLUDING an extra 10 minutes of game with overtime? That's bogus.. that's way belowaverage FOR ANYBODY.. granted, carolina is one of the best teams at keeping a advantage in this manner, but what i'm suggesting is it's more based offreputation of guys like tyler flopsbrough than anything else.

^i get it, you think the refs are bogus cuz tyler flops. i'll give you that, tyler gets a buncha cheapo fouls (but you gotta be willing to admit dook homegames are just as bad if not worse). but your example of a pressing team does not apply to this game. clemson felt NO pressure. those turnovers at the end ofregulation were from double teaming in the half court game

I just saw that clip of the Washington player throwing the ball off of Aboya for UCLA.... that was dirty as hell.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom