The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Kansas makes their FT's that game, and everything is a non issue.

100% agree with you on this. That's why I never said Smith cost us the national title, because he didn't. I'm just saying it was a *@@#% movefor him to mess with our coach during the Final Four.

The Nova game won't be close. They are just not as good as I thought.

Now the Kansas/Texas game will be good.

^ with Corey Fisher running things now, I think they will be better.

Jay Wright does the best job of takin Hibbert out of the game, he does some strange but effective strategies.

Plus after the 2nd half Saturday night, I'm not confident at all

Jay Wright does the best job of takin Hibbert out of the game, he does some strange but effective strategies.

Yea. They could play very well tonight or just play awful word to ST.Joes

BTW Hansbroughs dad is a goof

You said it earlier but watching Sat's game, I missed the 1st half, you guys miss Jeff A LOT... You don't have anybody to take over when youneed a basket
smh.gif

Yeah...

He was our go to guy..and..

he facilitated everything on offense, it's no coincidence that Wallace is shooting 30% in conference play, Jeff got him all his open looks last year andthroughout his career. He opened things up for Roy too.

Watching that offense in the 2nd half was disgusting, just throwing it around the perimeter , not getting into the soft spots in the zone, no high lowgame..just pathetic

His rebounding is missed too.

I don't know if it's the principals of the system that make our guys hesitant but it's somethin. Freeman, Sapp, Summers should all be taking theball to the basket...and finishing or drawing a foul.

Jeff would also play a part in breaking the press last year.....Rivers and Wallace ball handling and passing to break the press -
indifferent.gif

YO!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You suckas talk more *@+$ than a little bit. "Survive and advance" as the late, great Jimmy V would say. "Roy Williamssucks", "Dean Smith is a *!$%$", "Exposed"... Green eyes ain't a good look. DF!!!

Yeah with Cory Fisher running the show they are better. But in order for them to win Reynolds and Cunningham have to play well.

a lot of good games this week. Big 10 regular season champ will probably be decided within the 3 big games this week (MSU/Purdue, Wisconsin/IU, MSU/IU)

i've been waiting for that MSU/IU match-up all season. this is my favorite time of the year
pimp.gif

I'm kind of worried about the Longhorns tonight. They haven't started well the past few games and if that happens again it'll be out of reach likeA&M was.

Hoping for DJ to bounce back from that terrible game against Iowa State.

Should be fun to watch. Go Horns!

Should be a good games with Kansas and Texas. All I can say is I can't wait for tomorrows game at Mackey Arena Purdue vs. Michigan St. I wish they wouldlet us camp out but admin said no, I guess with the weather what it's been it would've been brutal -15 with windchill.

You suckas talk more *@+$ than a little bit. "Survive and advance" as the late, great Jimmy V would say. "Roy Williams sucks", "Dean Smith is a *!$%$", "Exposed"... Green eyes ain't a good look.

Says "Mr. show up when the dust has cleared"... any UNC fan feeling good about the state of the programright now is either a psychotic or brain dead... or both. Quit living in denial (and showing up after the game is over to talk smack back)

UNC is overrated...wont make it past field of 64 as far as im concerned...i think they peaked wayyyy to early...and couple that with roy being a horrible coachand motivator and that equals upset city first round
smile.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

UNC is overrated...wont make it past field of 64 as far as im concerned...i think they peaked wayyyy to early...and couple that with roy being a horrible coach and motivator and that equals upset city first round
smile.gif
i been saying this to my tarheel faithful all year long. we got the same EXACT squad as last year minus brandan wright. i dont see how we couldpossibly have gotten any better losing our only shot blocker. i have to disagree with losing in the first round, but i'm expecting to have a second roundexit if we continue to not show up the way we're capable of playing. as soon as lawson is 100% we'll only see improvement.

i dont see how we could possibly have gotten any better losing our only shot blocker.
You didn't just lose your only shot blocker, you lost your best player and you'd have to be a fool to think otherwise. Your best chanceat winning the 'ship was last year when you gift wrapped the game for Georgetown, same way Clemson did TWICE this year for you.

UNC is overrated...wont make it past field of 64 as far as im concerned...i think they peaked wayyyy to early...and couple that with roy being a horrible coach and motivator and that equals upset city first round
smile.gif

Does anyone want to run a list by me that shows all the teams that would wipe the floor with UNC come tournament time... B/C this is really ridiculous, thatyou guys would actually say UNC is overrated.. Overrated and exposed have been thrown around here so blatantly that I have no idea who to take serious in theseconversations.. I can see them going to the elite 8 like last year, but not any further..

But, overrated?? Losing in the first round?? How can I even take in the fact that some people think UNC will lose to a Jackson State caliber team.. AndI'm not a North Carolina fan nor student, but am confused on people seeing them as overrated. How does struggling with Clemson, label you as overrated???
Some of ya'll think Georgetown is overrated as well???
tired.gif

Originally Posted by kidoopz

smile.gif

Does anyone want to run a list by me that shows all the teams that would wipe the floor with UNC come tournament time... B/C this is really ridiculous, that you guys would actually say UNC is overrated.. Overrated and exposed have been thrown around here so blatantly that I have no idea who to take serious in these conversations.. I can see them going to the elite 8 like last year, but not any further..

But, overrated?? Losing in the first round?? How can I even take in the fact that some people think UNC will lose to a Jackson State caliber team.. And I'm not a North Carolina fan nor student, but am confused on people seeing them as overrated. How does struggling with Clemson, label you as overrated???
tired.gif

Yea i do think they are overrated. They will defiantly not lose in the 1st round. They barely beat FSU and Clemson gave them the win last night.

Against Duke they were exposed. They could not run a half court set or play any type of defense. They were -4 point favorites and they should have been +7point underdogs. I am sure they will get a top 3 seed becuase the ACC is not too good this year but i could see them losing in the second or third round.

If teams like UNC or Gtown are overrated...

what does that make everyone else outside of about 5 other teams?

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by kidoopz

smile.gif

Does anyone want to run a list by me that shows all the teams that would wipe the floor with UNC come tournament time... B/C this is really ridiculous, that you guys would actually say UNC is overrated.. Overrated and exposed have been thrown around here so blatantly that I have no idea who to take serious in these conversations.. I can see them going to the elite 8 like last year, but not any further..

But, overrated?? Losing in the first round?? How can I even take in the fact that some people think UNC will lose to a Jackson State caliber team.. And I'm not a North Carolina fan nor student, but am confused on people seeing them as overrated. How does struggling with Clemson, label you as overrated???
tired.gif

Yea i do think they are overrated. They will defiantly not lose in the 1st round. They barely beat FSU and Clemson gave them the win last night.

Against Duke they were exposed. They could not run a half court set or play any type of defense. They were -4 point favorites and they should have been +7 point underdogs. I am sure they will get a top 3 seed becuase the ACC is not too good this year but i could see them losing in the second or third round.

You mention the Duke game as if Ty Lawson was playing that game.. I'm sorry but I can not see how yall can throw a team under the bus when theydidn't have their floor general against Duke, and the person replacing him was Quentin Thomas.. I mean didyou guys not see the bone headed mistakes he made in the first half... And in the second half, the dude kept leaving Paulus at the 3.. How can that game be agood example of them being an overrated team.. If anything, that should tell you that they run better on all cylinders with Ty Lawson running the show.. Andwhy state the Clemson game??? B/C it was a close game, they are overrated?? It's the ACC and anything can happen.. None of those teams in the ACC arepushovers, *except Virginia*, and you should expect close games b/c of it..
And because they are supposed to win by a determined margin and fail to do sothen they are not the team everyone makes them out to be?? B/c of a close game with FSU, they aren't good.. Maybe if they took an L, but they got the Wsooo... Anyhoo, I'll see what happens towards the end of the season.. But, as of now with Ty Lawson in the lineup, I don't see them as being overratedat all..

Scotty is just ewww on these boys.. Bustin shots off Fade Aways, Curls, Free Throws, Hard lay/dunk on Ewing.. A replica of last years matchup

Back
Top Bottom