The College Basketball Post

Stefhon Hannah kicked off team officially...
Damn.....

You get your $#* handed to you in a bar fight.....

Then you get suspended from the team....

Then you get booted off the team...

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Thats no good.....

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

any good games on tonight?

Duke vs. Murrland Turrpens tonight @ 7.....

YES! The Gody show rolls through Storrs tonight. Obviously my man K-Mac is going to get his numbers again, but Luke is going to get on track this time against Thabeet. I honestly have no idea how my love for this Notre Dame team continues to grow, but it's the strangest thing. From the first time I saw Gody ball last year, I enjoyed him, but I am fairly sure this love affair is out of control right now. I haven't had this meteoric rise of an obsession with a player since Victor Page.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

any good games on tonight?

YES! The Gody show rolls through Storrs tonight. Obviously my man K-Mac is going to get his numbers again, but Luke is going to get on track this timeagainst Thabeet. I honestly have no idea how my love for this Notre Dame team continues to grow, but it's the strangest thing. From the first time I sawGody ball last year, I enjoyed him, but I am fairly sure this love affair is out of control right now. I haven't had this meteoric rise of an obsessionwith a player since Victor Page.

laugh.gif

I like McAlarney becuase it looks like he just rolled outa bed, smoked up and got on the bus
laugh.gif

but Gody
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Hasheems about to shut down Harangody again, McAlarney isnt gunna have the career day he had against us the first game, and Gampel is gunna be rockin. Leavinin a few to get in line for seats, should be a good one.

What is it about him?

the all white adidias, his haircut, or lack there of?
laugh.gif

I actually would like to see him push Thabeet around, maybe even have a fight break out

I always like players who bang despite not being all that physically gifted.

If you would have told me the human incarnation of Hoggish Greedly from Captain Planet was capable of putting up 20 and 10 in the Big East I would call you aliar. I just love that he does it and he seems to have a fire which I dig.

Kyle Mac is cool with me because he was willing to put his life on the line for some weed. Much respect.

I'm sure PP woulda loved having Wojo teach him post moves
laugh.gif

If you would have told me the human incarnation of Hoggish Greedly from Captain Planet was capable of putting up 20 and 10 in the Big East I would call you a liar. I just love that he does it and he seems to have a fire which I dig.

Kyle Mac is cool with me because he was willing to put his life on the line for some weed. Much respect.
180px-Hoggish.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by MBen32

Pat Patterson should have went to Florida Duke
Coach K really doesn't have a good recent reputation for putting big men in the league...
Elton Brand
Carlos Boozer
wink.gif
Notice I said recent...
those are the most recent after shelden williams..before williams those were our two previous marqee big men..so what are you saying??
ohwell.gif

those are the most recent after shelden williams..before williams those were our two previous marqee big men..so what are you saying??
Fine...ill take it further than recent..because they've had more than two "marquee" big men since then. My point is that outside ofa couple...big men seem to regress once they come out of Duke in terms of their stock going in. Boozer was a 5 star going into to Duke...he came out a 2nd rndpick. Shavlik Randolph was top 5 going into Duke...came out undrafted. McRoberts was a lottery pick going into Duke...came out a 2nd round pick. Lance Thomaswas a 5 star coming out of HS...he'll likely go undrafted when he's done at Duke too. Casey Sanders was also a 5 star going into Duke...came outundrafted. Sheldon Williams and Elton Brand are the only big men to go in the first round out of Duke in the past 10 years. There is a reason for that.

YO! Craftsy, baby bubba, we're still friends.
happy.gif

dood we're blue in the face when he touches the ball period
Honestly, I don't think Q has had any all out BAD games. He's not having great games but he's doing an admirable job filling in as faras I'm concern. He'll never be Adam Boone. If he were actually having bad games, we'd damn near be unranked at this point.

And as far as Hansbrough goes, I no longer wine about what calls he gets and doesn't get. He gets away with his fair share that as long nothing cheap iscalled against in a situation that costs us the game, I'm good. DF!!!

Fine...ill take it further than recent..because they've had more than two "marquee" big men since then. My point is that outside of a couple...big men seem to regress once they come out of Duke in terms of their stock going in. Boozer was a 5 star going into to Duke...he came out a 2nd rnd pick. Shavlik Randolph was top 5 going into Duke...came out undrafted. McRoberts was a lottery pick going into Duke...came out a 2nd round pick. Lance Thomas was a 5 star coming out of HS...he'll likely go undrafted when he's done at Duke too. Casey Sanders was also a 5 star going into Duke...came out undrafted. Sheldon Williams and Elton Brand are the only big men to go in the first round out of Duke in the past 10 years. There is a reason for that.

No excuses

We haven't necessarily been a big man factory....

But, Lance Thomas currently plays for my boys....so lets just say he has some work to do...

Josh was marshmallow soft and sould have never came back for his 2nd year....Dude let Coach K talk him into staying.....and then didn'y even play good ballthe whole year when that could have the year to take him from late lottery to top 4 pick...Dude played stunk up the joint towards the end of the year....({})

Shav was cupcake.....

Or maybe its the fault of Wojo....

Or maybe its Coach K's fault...

Or maybe these guys arent as good as we thought they were in the first place....I mean.....

Who was the person that made CHERROKEE PARKS A 1ST ROUND PICK....
laugh.gif
sick.gif
?????

That should be more unseemly than Boozer going 2nd round....

Originally Posted by allen3xis

"Although he is a 5'11" point guard, Wojciechowski is Duke's "big man" coach"

kills me every time

Word our Big Man coach is 5'11 and he never played ball.

Back
Top Bottom