The College Basketball Post

is it just me or does it seem like demarcus nelson has been at duke forever!

how was Lawson in the halfcourt set UNC fans??....I only caught a bit and it looked like it did last year, not good
Terrible. I thought he would have improved over last year but he still seems reckless and lacks the ability to run a squad. It took Ray Feltstill his junior year to really get "it" though so we'll see.
Just think if we had Livingston and Luol on this squad. Pure duckets.

Padgett's career likely over

By Brian Bennett
[email protected]
The Courier-Journal

University of Louisville center David Padgett suffered a fractured kneecap and his career might be over, head coach Rick Pitino said this afternoon.

Padgett, a senior, was injured late in the first half Sunday against Jackson State.

Pitino said there's a chance that Padgett could come back in 10 weeks if the knee heals quickly. There's also a chance he could redshirt and appeal to the NCAA for a sixth season, though Pitino said that would be hard to do since he sat out a year as a transfer from Kansas

Pitino also said Padgett might just sit out and heal this year and try out for a professional team.

"Because of his leadership, intelligence and fortitude, a lot of roads can lead to prosperity for him, not just the game of basketball," Pitino said.

It's a devastating loss for the Cardinals, because Padgett is their team captain, vocal leader and most experienced low-post player.

Padgett transferred from Kansas after his freshman season and played in 24 games as a sophomore before requiring knee surgery in February.

He came back last year to earn All-Big East second team honors, playing in 33 games and averaging 9.5 points and 5.6 rebounds.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Russell Westbrook's mohawk gettin on anybody else nerves, dude looks like the major cornball

Yea I was thinkin the same thing. UCLA was real nice, but I think MD will be good in a few weeks. They didn't have much of an answer for Love. Osby is abull but hes really only like 6'6 max, no chance hes really 6'8 like they say on TV, even with the fro. With Osby, Gist, and Vasquez they have a nicenucleus. If some of those freshman they played tonight can step it up, they will be a good ACC team.

Arizona State......sucks.

btw - I love Bilas and Raftery together... this is one of my favorite tournaments because of them.

UW is 3-0 heading into a match-up with #15 texas a&m.....

i'm glad brockman is doing well thus far (23 & 12 per!), but the team seems too reliant on him since all of the perimeter players are young and/or notaggressive enough. it'll be interesting to see how the team matures through playing in a very deep pac-10 conference.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Padgett's career likely over

By Brian Bennett
[email protected]
The Courier-Journal

University of Louisville center David Padgett suffered a fractured kneecap and his career might be over, head coach Rick Pitino said this afternoon.

Padgett, a senior, was injured late in the first half Sunday against Jackson State.

Pitino said there's a chance that Padgett could come back in 10 weeks if the knee heals quickly. There's also a chance he could redshirt and appeal to the NCAA for a sixth season, though Pitino said that would be hard to do since he sat out a year as a transfer from Kansas

Pitino also said Padgett might just sit out and heal this year and try out for a professional team.

"Because of his leadership, intelligence and fortitude, a lot of roads can lead to prosperity for him, not just the game of basketball," Pitino said.

It's a devastating loss for the Cardinals, because Padgett is their team captain, vocal leader and most experienced low-post player.

Padgett transferred from Kansas after his freshman season and played in 24 games as a sophomore before requiring knee surgery in February.

He came back last year to earn All-Big East second team honors, playing in 33 games and averaging 9.5 points and 5.6 rebounds.

Wasn't Duke Vitale saying on Friday night during the Uconn v. Memphis game that Rick Pitino told him that this is the healthiest that Padgett has beensince he arrived at Louisville? Way to jinx him Dukie V.

yeah, wt f?

i had always thought he was in JJ redicks class, and i was shocked to see him last year. but i could have sworn people were saying last year was his senioryear, i remember hearing "the senior leader bails them out with the heave against virginia tech" or something like that. i figured no way he'sstill playing this year. damn

its jus that he played alot as a freshman so it feels like he been there forever.

Nelson is trash though. I swear he was going to kill us last year. Then he fell off after the first 10 minutes.

Duke got the wrong guard that year.

Singler
pimp.gif

Malta.. How many pairs of Flint XIIIs does Nelson Have?? I always see dude with a fresh pair

Malta.. How many pairs of Flint XIIIs does Nelson Have?? I always see dude with a fresh pair

Word...That's all he wears.... I remeber when He had the Flints, Sean Dockery had the White/Royal Blue Air Raids and Daniel Ewing had the Grey Penny'sWAAY Early.....I seen DE like the next week at the club with them@@+%#% on.....
laugh.gif

Duke got the wrong guard that year.
Salty
laugh.gif

I swear this dude bought out the whole inventory the day they dropped.
laugh.gif
I know him and Daniel Ewing had/have Jordan hookups at one of the shoe stores at Southpoint mall so they used to cop multiple pairs at a time. Alot of the dudes in the past hated wearing the team shoes they were given. Luol's only year there all he wore were the XII's. D-Ewing only rockedJordans and Lebrons, Sean Doc never wore the team shoes and stayed with a fresh pair every game and JJ wore Lebrons all senior year. I don't know howDemarcus balls in the XIII's, I hate them@*$*!@ for ball.

Ok State is a different team today.. and so is Marquette, who looks very solid.

I don't think these teams are as far apart in talent and coaching as the score indicates... be interesting to see how Marquette does in the finals.

Originally Posted by bballah3

I guess Nietzel (or however you spell it) is out tonight

WHAT!?!?!?
eek.gif

He was amazing last night, like 12 points in the first 6 minutes. I guess your boy Hannah couldn't handle Nietzel last night, but a great game none theless

Seymore CAKE- I guess your boy Hannahcouldn't handle Nietzel last night, but a great game none the less

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by bballah3

I guess Nietzel (or however you spell it) is out tonight

WHAT!?!?!?
eek.gif

He was amazing last night, like 12 points in the first 6 minutes. I guess your boy Hannah couldn't handle Nietzel last night, but a great game none the less

Seymore CAKE- I guess your boy Hannah couldn't handle Nietzel last night, but a great game none the less

Yeah I guess he is sick? Missed shootaround today...
found an article....

[table][tr][td]BREAKING NEWS: DREW NEITZEL OUT AGAINST UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
407353.jpg

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Pavel Kofman

GSN Senior Basketball Reporter
Posted Nov 20, 2007
[/td] [td]
254373.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

GSN's Pavel Kofman has exclusive breaking news on Drew Neitzel's status from Tom Izzo.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Just hours before No.10 Michigan State tips off against No.1 UCLA in the finals of the CBE Classic, Tom Izzo revealed that his All-American guard Drew Neitzel will miss tonight's game against the Bruins due to illness.

In one of the biggest games between two ranked teams so far this season, each team will now be missing their All-American guards.

UCLA's Darren Collison hasn't played in a game since spraining his left knee in an exhibition game on Nov. 2.

Neitzel scored 21 points last night in the Spartans' semifinal win over Missouri, but after scoring 16 of those in the first half, Neitzel seemed a step behind in the second half, only scoring five points, all in the final two minutes of play.

MSU and UCLA get under way tonight at 10pm ET on ESPN2.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Damn, they would bearly give him the ball last night during the second half...thats too bad for him.
I was hoping Michigan State could pull this one out...

Back
Top Bottom