The College Basketball Post

Louisville gettin every call
indifferent.gif

Kyle *!*#!$$ Mcalarney didn't miss !!+@. Paul kept us in it, but this !!+@ is getting out of hand. We can not win a close game against a good team.

We better beat Pitt on Saturday.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I cant believe how many athletes on Pitt are from New York
smh.gif
That's always the case. They always got some NYC ballers, that's why I end up rooting for 'em.

Originally Posted by airchucknorris

Either that or tell me the probability of Arizona State playing Texas A&M at some point during the tournament, please.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
Arizona State in the tournament?

Yezzir...top 6 seeds in the Pac, and we're currently number 5. I think we can pull it off. Care to answer the question?

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

indifferent.gif
Andy Rautins is going to play for Canada again this summer.

Damn you serious? We need him next year.

Johnny
Devo
Harris
Greene
Arinze

Scoop
Rautins
Mookie Jones
Kris Joesph
Kristoff
Rick Jackson

eek.gif

That is top ten right there, even though i think Scoop might go.

2008-2009 is going to be our best chance to win it in a long time.

Louisville won a hard game at Pitt

Our D is getting better every game

Louisville best team in the Big East

RPI up to 63, won 8 of last 9. got 4 games left (Miss, @ UT, @ South Carolina, and Florida.) say we go 2-2, with losses to Tennessee and Florida, that'llmake us 17-12 (11-5) and i'll like our chances. our SOS is very good so our RPI should continue to rise.

can't screw it up and lose to Mississippi at home Wednesday.

and speaking of Sundiata Gaines, seems like he's been there FOREVER. dude played with G.G. Smith under Tubby.

FIrst things first - you guys gotta stop talking about strength of schedule as something to be judged separate from RPI... the RPI is made up of how tough yourschedule is - it's a combination of winning percentage, opponents winning percentage, and opponents' opponents winning percentage - it's theULTIMATE strength of schedule measure, you speak about them as though they come out of different places (for instance: a team with a lot of wins against a goodschedule will have a good RPI number.. and just the opposite with bad RPI numbers, and everything in between)..

I see a lot of people hold them as separate measuring sticks for talking about a bubble team - even ESPN writers... You CAN look at SOS as a tool, but you needto compare it to Wins against such a schedule, not compare it with your RPI... the only number you reallly need to look at is RPI, and then you should breakdown a schedule to see where your wins came against the top 50 in the RPI, and which losses came from teams outside the top 50.. along with home and away,although RPI factors this in as well. That's why it's such a good tool, it does all the work for you
smile.gif

/rant

Just finished watching the Butler/Drake game, and I have to say Butler got completely hosed the entire second half by those refs, and what was most annoyingwas how the announcers kept justifying how good of a job they were doing after EVERY single call - which just tells you they KNEW how bad it was going and weretrying to overcompensate againt the home crowd booing the entire 2nd half (and throwing stuff on the court).

I like Butler better than Drake as a fan, but I enjoy watching both teams - so i'm not really that upset about it, it doesn't hurt Butler oranything... I just think the game could've been really a lot better had the refs done a better job in the 2nd half.

Either way - I think either Butler or Drake has a legit shot at some sort of special run this season depending on how they match up with their bracket - Idon't think an elite 8 run is out of the question for either, but at the same time - with their deliberate styles, they could also be sent packing beforethe first weekend too. Can't wait to see who they get lined up with (note: neither is deserving of anything above a 5 seed, i hope the committeedoesn't buy into these rankings too much)

/new rant

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

indifferent.gif
Andy Rautins is going to play for Canada again this summer.

Damn you serious? We need him next year.

Johnny
Devo
Harris
Greene
Arinze

Scoop
Rautins
Mookie Jones
Kris Joesph
Kristoff
Rick Jackson

eek.gif

That is top ten right there, even though i think Scoop might go.

2008-2009 is going to be our best chance to win it in a long time.

Fixed it. What do you mean Scoop might go? His *%@ not NBA ready. Nowhere near it.

Andy said he's going to play again. They aren't going to qualify so why risk his health again. I swear his dad is an idiot when it comes to this.

laugh.gif
@ Craftsy's SOS/RPI rant (which i'm well aware of.) don'tknow if that was kinda directed towards me, but i edited that post to clear up what i meant.

Am I being crazy or does the Big East deserve to get 9 teams into the tourney:

Connecticut
Georgetown
Notre Dame
West Virginia
Louisville
Villanova
Marquette
Syracuse
Pitt

All deserving

Am I being crazy or does the Big East deserve to get 9 teams into the tourney: