The College Basketball Post

And we dont want em
laugh.gif

Only Walk On's

(and Matt Causey had some flavor to him)

I'm waitin on another Boubacar Aw or Cheikh Dia

OH *+%#!!!

I just realized who that dude Mason is...

He goes to Christ School w/ my dude Lakeem
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll have to ask 'Keem for a honest assessment of dude...

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

^No one is saying you aren't good "on paper". Games aren't played on paper, however.

How do they determine seedings for the tournament then? oh yeah...

Originally Posted by GoVols234

^No one is saying you aren't good "on paper". Games aren't played on paper, however.

They determine it based on a number of things, one of which is the winner of the conference and conference tournaments (Conference tourney winners arenotorious for bubble busting) And how many times has all 4 number one seeds made the final four? It doen's happen often. Good on paper (#1 seeds) =/= number 1 team in the nation. It means they have the best shot at winning based on seeding, but it doesn't mean they are neccessarily the best. BTWlet's wait until a couple of weeks from now before we go on thinking Tennessee is a number 1 seed
laugh.gif

No you look at records sure, but you look at how teams played overall against teams. EX- Texas vs Tennessee.

You don't need paper to see that Tennessee is not #1 on paper. I can tell you that. If anything just by watching some of Texas' games. You wouldthink they are #1.

They beat Kansas, Ucla, and Tennessee.

Just watch games and it tells you a lot more then looking at a team on paper.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

No you look at records sure, but you look at how teams played overall against teams. EX- Texas vs Tennessee.

You don't need paper to see that Tennessee is not #1 on paper. I can tell you that. If anything just by watching some of Texas' games. You would think they are #1.

They beat Kansas, Ucla, and Tennessee.

Just watch games and it tells you a lot more then looking at a team on paper.

I don't get your point..you are basically making the same statement that I did. They look at how teams play against others...ie us having the mostquality wins out of any team in the nation and #2 SOS.

Honestly, I don't care if we get a 1 or a 2 seed. I really don't think it makes that much of a difference, and as a Tennessee basketball fan, I wouldbe THRILLED with either. I think at this point Texas should be guaranteed a 1 seed as well

And another one bites the dust for Michigan basketball, I remember that Michigan was recruiting him a little bit. Michigan just can't get anybody tocommit. This program is going to take a long time to re-build. Thankfully, I'm not really a huge fan

Originally Posted by dreClark

OH *+%#!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

�bout time we get a big man...too bad he wont be around til 2009-'10 season...but hopefully no one leaves early..and i can already see it!

C-Plumlee
Pf-Thomas
Sf-Singler(imagine how good he'll be at his natural position
eek.gif
smokin.gif
)
Sg-Elliot Williams
Pg-Nolan Smith

Henderson and King being key players off the bench...i know im wrong for projecting henderson, who currently starts, to be coming off the bench..but withsingler at the 3...i dont know where he'll fit..assuming that williams will come in and make it happend like i hope he will!

Hmmmm..not too shabby...im calling it now...Duke Blue Devils 2010 Nat'l Champions...Quote it!
wink.gif
pimp.gif

��

C - Henry Sims
PF - Greg Monroe
SF - Dajuan Summers
SG - Austin Freeman
PG - Chris Wright

absolute filth
sick.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

OH *+%#!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

�bout time we get a big man...too bad he wont be around til 2009-'10 season...but hopefully no one leaves early..and i can already see it!

C-Plumlee
Pf-Thomas
eek.gif
smokin.gif
)
Sg-Elliot Williams
Pg-Nolan Smith

Henderson and King being key players off the bench...i know im wrong for projecting henderson, who currently starts, to be coming off the bench..but with singler at the 3...i dont know where he'll fit..assuming that williams will come in and make it happend like i hope he will!

Hmmmm..not too shabby...im calling it now...Duke Blue Devils 2010 Nat'l Champions...Quote it!
wink.gif
pimp.gif

��

I read that dude Plumbee is more PF than C....

But hell.....We'll be good with that....

Elliot Williams?????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I been focused on CFB recruiting....
laugh.gif

Whats good with this dude????

Originally Posted by MBen32

OH *+%#!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

C-Plumlee
Pf-Thomas
eek.gif
smokin.gif
)
Sg-Elliot Williams
Pg-Nolan Smith

Henderson and King being key players off the bench...i know im wrong for projecting henderson, who currently starts, to be coming off the bench..but with singler at the 3...i dont know where he'll fit..assuming that williams will come in and make it happend like i hope he will!

wink.gif
pimp.gif

��

I read that dude Plumbee is more PF than C....

But hell.....We'll be good with that....

Elliot Williams?????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I been focused on CFB recruiting....
laugh.gif

Whats good with this dude????

Dude has an 8 minute highlight vid on youtube..6'4 190lb SG from Tennessee..a very athletic swingman...something were in need of...unlike Henderson,who is athletic as well, he seems to be able to handle the ball pretty good...i would embed the vid..but it doesnt allow upon the request of the person whouploaded it.

C - Henry Sims
PF - Greg Monroe
SF - Dajuan Summers
SG - Austin Freeman
PG - Chris Wright

absolute filth
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
Hmmm...thats pretty tough right there..even though i can see Monroe being one anddone....atleast i hope
ohwell.gif
..dude should be a Blue Devil

Wiliams is real good...nice pickup and will be a great fit

Greg could be, but I actually highly doubt it, I expect him there for at least 2....Dajuan could leave next year, but he'll have to improve quite a bitfrom this year to put himself in good position.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Wiliams is real good...nice pickup and will be a great fit

Greg could be, but I actually highly doubt it, I expect him there for at least 2....Dajuan could leave next year, but he'll have to improve quite a bit from this year to put himself in good position.

yes he will..we'll plug him right there where nelson is...even though ima miss nelson..hes been big for us this year
pimp.gif

and your right..i could see Dajuan leaving as well..dude has the potentialto be something special...probably my favorite player on Georgetown...it's just hard for him to flourish offensively in GU's offense...i tell peopleall the time if he was anywhere else where he could be the "guy"...he would be an offensive force and a marquee man in College basketball!

Dajuan needs to...

Learn how to dribble, pass, hit a mid range J.

He looks great at times, at others...not so much. All the talent tho.

Odd's Singler could leave after this year with a strong finish?

And ^^^^ on Michigan...Belein is gona get them going...believe that, he's too god not too....never been the best recruiter, but he'll get HIS guys

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Dajuan needs to...

Learn how to dribble, pass, hit a mid range J.

He looks great at times, at others...not so much. All the talent tho.

Odd's Singler could leave after this year with a strong finish?

And ^^^^ on Michigan...Belein is gona get them going...believe that, he's too god not too....never been the best recruiter, but he'll get HIS guys

i would hope strong finish or not, they would be slim to none..let's pray..this dude can be a force if he stays four years..i dont know how NBA scoutsfeel about him, he was slept on hard on here..dudes saying he was slow and he was a bum...he's a top 10 freshman easily!..and is in my top 5 freshman(nobias)

Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Love, Singler/Bayless round out my top 5 freshman..

I honestly don't expect a winning record for until 2009-10.

Copperyale is ballin' but it is going to take him awhile with the squad that he has.

he was slept on hard on here
didn't realize NT was made up of NBA scouts and their opinions mattered much. I'm pretty sure Kyle will stay at least another year.
Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Love, Singler/Bayless round out my top 5 freshman
Don't sleep on Robbie Hummel, James Harden, and Dejuan Blair and NT's most hated OJ. I think in terms of impact and NBA potential I'dtake Hummel (Singler 2.0) Blair and OJ before Singler right now.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

he was slept on hard on here
didn't realize NT was made up of NBA scouts and their opinions mattered much. I'm pretty sure Kyle will stay at least another year.
Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Love, Singler/Bayless round out my top 5 freshman
Don't sleep on Robbie Hummel, James Harden, and Dejuan Blair and NT's most hated OJ. I think in terms of impact and NBA potential I'd take Hummel (Singler 2.0) Blair and OJ before Singler right now.

im not sleeping on anyone...after what blair did to duke in NYC when we played pitt..hes been on my radar ever since
pimp.gif
and im not saying Singler is top 5 NBA potential..im saying as far as whoseplaying the best out of the freshmen...theres atleast 15 freshman i like from '07 so i wouldnt say im sleeping on anyone.

we're bustin' Ole Miss's *@%. 31-14 @ halftime. Donna (Tubby's wife) is in the house, they showed her texting on her sidekick. their sonBrian plays for Mississippi.

Back
Top Bottom