The College Basketball Post

Also I figured I'd start a Dominic James watch
Why, nobody is checking for him anymore. His stock will never be as high as it was at the end of his freshman year after the terrible year he hadlast year.

Couple thoughts:

-My Johnny Flynn is a PROBLEM! If he takes more shots away from Devendorf then Syracuse might be a halfway decent team. And why is Devendorf a Woodencandidate? One of the top 50 players, not even including the freshmen, in the country? Wait for it.......
roll.gif
roll.gif

-Duke is going to be a fun team to watch WHEN they're on. They have so many shooters and can get out and run better than anybody (besides Memphis) butwith a lack of an inside game, when they're shooting is off they're gonna get destroyed (I don't even wanna watch the two games with UNC thisyear
laugh.gif
)

-Ohio State has a decent little squad. 2 years and they can compete for the 'ship again.

-From what I've seen, Rose, Gordon and Beasley are gone after this year. We already knew Mayo was out but I don't see how these 3 don't leave withthe talent they have (as if they all weren't top 10 picks in next years draft.

-I see Kansas underachieving, especially with the Rush injury still keeping him out and never being 100% this season, and now my dude baby Bynum being out.

Originally Posted by Korean Krossover

I'm gonna go ahead and say Derrick Rose is the best player in America. And Duke is a top 5 team this year (I'm a UNC fan). They have shooters everywhere and they will always come playing great defense and smart.
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
You serious? Duke? Derrick Rose probably isn't even the best freshman inAmerica.

Early looks ---

Rose and Gordon are as good as advertised

The top teams, not the ones who have been losing but everybody else at the top, are not nearly as superior as top teams have been in the past.. there's nooutright favorite this year, there's probably not a single team I can say right now is looking like a final four team just yet. Could see a lot of closegames for these teams early on with such young players leading the way all over the place.

That being said - there are more exciting players this year spread out across the country than I can ever remember... So much talent out there to see.

This week is like Christmas to me, so much basketball on TV for the next two weeks really.. I'm in heaven. I'll have plenty more to say the more I getto see, ya'll know I can't resist talking hoops with you good (and not so good) people.

Ricardo Malta wrote:
-From what I've seen, Rose, Gordon and Beasley are gone after this year. We already knew Mayo was out but I don't see how these 3 don't leave with the talent they have (as if they all weren't top 10 picks in next years draft.

-I see Kansas underachieving, especially with the Rush injury still keeping him out and never being 100% this season, and now my dude baby Bynum being out.

From what I haven't seen, Rose, Gordon, Beasley, and MEyo are gone. That shouldn't be a surprise, neither should Kansas underachieving, they'vedone it the last few years. I don't know if it's Bill Self or what, but they've got too much talent not to be in the final four.

Dominic James should have left school after his freshman year....Stock has been on a steady decline since...

Sherron collins is out for 6 weeks.....
smh.gif

Us Duke fans are hard to recognize w/o duke sigs....

Maryland barely escaped Hampton tonight...

Coach K needs to call Jay Wright and get some hints on running the 4 guard offense (Although we have no Kyle Lowry or Randy Foye)

The triplets have arrives (King, Smith, Singler).....

Lance Thomas still getting dunb#$*+ fouls but its hard to be mad at him for exerting max effort (He wasn't too bad tonight though)...

Why were we #10 on ESPN??? I thought we were 13....

Scheyer had a good game....as did Greg Paulus.....

Good effort on D tonight....

Johnny Flynn amd Eric Gordon....Are they the real deal????? I think so......

The ACC needs to watch out for this man this year:

73523403.jpg

Isaiah Swann, 25 tonight with another big night from 3 point range.

Swanns a beast

Dudes got nasty range

rocket how many did we win by last i saw we were up 20

Final score was 92-67, they put Alabi in with a few mins left and he had a huge dunk that got the crowd (All like 15 people there) going crazy.

i jus skimmed through this 4 page thread...and i didnt see any duke fans...do we exist here on niketalk or am i the only one??
I'm a Duke fan!! Just watched them play New Mexico State tonight and i'm almost sure they're gonna have a better season than lastyear..........yea i agree, we need a Duke sig.

unc fan checking in, watched a little of the duke game tonight and i was fairly impressed, definitely a better squad than last year, with nolan smith runningthe point i wont have to struggle to keep myself from getting sick watching paulus play so much, however although im biased since my boy is a walk-on forcarolina, i just dont think duke has it in the paint to compete with the heels, yes they have good guards, but unc's are better as well. should be somegreat games though. also got my first look at ucla tonight, they are very versatile and have some weapons, should be an interesting year

I' a Duke fan as well Dre, always have been always will be... and I Told Y'all _'s My Lil Man Johnny Was That Business 2 YEARSAGO. Nobody was trying to hear me, he'll have a better yr/career at Cuse than Paul, Mark My Words
pimp.gif

if kevin love can drop 20 or 25 lbs he can a monster like on a whole nother level. jus saw his higlights on espn ima big fan of dude but he has that olivermiller type body that if he dont get that fixed soon it can be a problem. and if rose aint the best freshman in the nation then please tell me who is..i wannawait till the tourney to make a honest judgment but he is looking like the real deal right now. i honestly think its bcuz we are not used to seeing such highcaliber freshman playing college ball. remeber most of these dudes would be in the L 3 years ago

Derrick Rose is a monster....anyone know when he is gonna be on TV?? ESPN, etc....Him, OJ, Gordon, Flynn, and Love

Ricardo, that saracasm with D James...I think he is complete trash and overrated beyond belief

As far as Duke and the person who said why can't they beat Gtown or Kansas, etc...

maybe on one given night in March they possibly could but Roy Hibbert, Darrell Arthur etc are too much to handle for the likes of 3's playing outa positionand Zoubek

Kevin Love - will be great in college but the Walton, Unseld talk is crazy....I can't see him being more than a nice complementary player in the league.

And oh yeah...anyone remember the new jersey for the season post? His brother said the UCLA with the C in yellow would NOT be worn

LOL

Yeah allen....When we run into legit big men...Its gonna be ugly.....But I don't know.....I just want to see improvement....

We MUST land a big man in recruiting.....

If only Zoubek was servicable at center....He's a legit 7'0....We don't need him to be Shaq....He'll, he just needs to be "OK" atcenter...

And yeah...my duke sig is kinda lame but whatever....Im not a sig making expert...
laugh.gif

Tonights game on ESPN/2

St Joes @ Cuse 7pm ESPN
Farliegh Dickinson vs Siena 9:30 ESPN
pimp.gif

UCLA vs Cal State SB 10:30 ESPN2

Rose and Memphis play Oklahoma in the garden thursday at 8pm on ESPN

I'm also interested to see how Onaku and Jackson do against Nivens tonight

With Devendorf, if he can ever cut down on the To's he'll be great

forgot to add

- Mike Coburn....7 and 4 in 18 minutes...0 turnovers
pimp.gif

- Maryland struggled with a nice Hampton team (UMD has Gist and Vasquez then nothing)

- If Al Skinner amazes me...he has another diamond in the rough with Rakim Sanders...BC is not gona be any good this year...just not much talent at all,probably be competitive still

Tyrese Rice is the best thing going for BC.....

Just noticed that Duke only has 1 Sr. on the team....(Nelson)

Good look on the TV Schedule Allen....

Kevin Love - will be great in college but the Walton, Unseld talk is crazy....I can't see him being more than a nice complementary player in the league.
What don't you like in his game? He has all the tools... man i am real impressed by this guy

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

What don't you like in his game? He has all the tools... man i am real impressed by this guy

same here im impressed he is just fat

Back
Top Bottom