The College Basketball Post

Word about Price, dude is close to the best PG in the Big East and dude isnt gettin any talk. big win today with a undermanned squad

Ramel Played a hell of a game...

Nice to see my dude OJ playing within the game and Locking up on D.....

#*%% was crazy cause he and Hackett were battling cramps for the whole second half....

Eric Gordon played like !@+% against Uconn...

Is this the real Hasheem Thabeet or is this a facade....

Duke/Maryland tonight @ 6......I hate Vasquez....

Originally Posted by petey yup

*Hell of a Goaltend

indifferent.gif

Sunday's Games to Watch

by Caleb Peiffer
Printer-
friendly

Matchup: Xavier (16-4, 4-1 Atlantic 10) at Massachusetts (13-5, 2-2), 12:00 p.m. EST
Rankings: Xavier, #9 in Pomeroy Ratings (1st of 14 in A-10); Massachusetts, #79 (6th)
Pomeroy Prediction: Xavier, 87-78 in 77 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 22%
Prospectus: A contrast in styles featuring the third-fastest team in the nation (the Minutemen) and the extremely slow-paced yet deadly efficient Musketeers.

Matchup: Duke (16-1, 4-0 ACC) at Maryland (12-7, 2-2), 6:30
Rankings: Duke, #3 in Pomeroy Ratings (1st of 12 in ACC); Maryland, #45 (4th)
Pomeroy Prediction: Duke, 80-71 in 79 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 19%
Prospectus: The Terrapins will look to go 2-0 against the conference elite after beating North Carolina in what should be that most confusing of beasts: thefast-paced defensive struggle.

Matchup: Clemson (15-4, 3-2 ACC) at Miami (14-4, 1-3), 1:00
Rankings: Clemson, #19 in Pomeroy Ratings (3rd of 12 in ACC); Miami, #51 (5th)
Pomeroy Prediction: Clemson, 75-73 in 71 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 42%
Prospectus: The reeling Hurricanes (three straight conference losses) need a big win over an excellent all-around Tigers team to get their season back on aplayoff trajectory.

Matchup: Georgia Tech (9-9, 2-3 ACC) at Virginia (11-6, 1-3), 4:30
Rankings: Georgia Tech, #68 in Pomeroy Ratings (9th of 12 in ACC); Virginia, #67 (8th)
Pomeroy Prediction: Virginia, 81-77 in 74 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 34%
Prospectus: The Yellowjackets have been one of the unluckiest teams in the nation thus far, and should have almost two more wins than they do.

Matchup: Vanderbilt (17-2, 2-2 SEC) at Florida (17-3, 4-1), 1:00
Rankings: Vanderbilt, #62 in Pomeroy Ratings (7th of 12 in SEC); Florida, #32 (3rd)
Pomeroy Prediction: Florida, 82-74 in 71 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 21%
Prospectus: The Commodores have provided a great story thus far, but with a No. 14 ranking in the AP Top 25, the team is vastly overrated. Florida'soffense, the best in the country by raw efficiency, should expose Vanderbilt's somewhat shaky defense.

Matchup: Providence (12-6, 3-3 Big East) at Syracuse (13-7, 3-4), 2:00
Rankings: Providence, #58 in Pomeroy Ratings (9th of 16 in Big East); Syracuse, #44 (8th)
Pomeroy Prediction: Syracuse, 82-76 in 73 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 28%
Prospectus: The Orange are a fast-paced team that is allergic to the three, whereas the Friars run a slower attack that favors the long ball. Both squads arestrong on the offensive glass.

Matchup: Cincinnati (9-10, 4-3 Big East) at Seton Hall (13-6, 3-3), 12:00
Rankings: Cincinnati, #98 in Pomeroy Ratings (13th of 16 in ACC); Seton Hall, #83 (11th)
Pomeroy Prediction: Seton Hall, 81-74 in 72 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 27%
Prospectus: This Big East bubble battle features another matchup between a very fast team (Pirates) and a very slow one (Bearcats).

Matchup: Western Michigan (10-8, 4-1 Mid American) at Kent State (15-4, 4-1), 2:00
Rankings: Western Michigan, #112 in Pomeroy Ratings (4th of 12 in Mid American); Kent State, #72 (1st)
Pomeroy Prediction: Kent State, 72-63 in 66 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 18%
Prospectus: The best in the West division (Broncos) takes on the best in the East (Golden Flashes) in what promises to be a grindingly slow battle.

They should have 2 top 10 wins.
They had their chance too
laugh.gif
....I hate to beat a dead horse,but at some point, these close games stop being a matter of luck and fortunate bounces.

Dre, Thabeet is only gona get better. He'll leave after this year but he really should stay one more year

This Miami/Clemson game is pretty good. Miami 66 Clem 65 with 50 secs left.

...and Miami gets the W.

Matchup: Duke (16-1, 4-0 ACC) at Maryland (12-7, 2-2), 6:30
Rankings: Duke, #3 in Pomeroy Ratings (1st of 12 in ACC); Maryland, #45 (4th)
Pomeroy Prediction: Duke, 80-71 in 79 Possessions
Upset Possibility: 19%
i'll take that 19% chance. College Park WILL be live tonight
pimp.gif

I don't usually watch these MAAC games they show on MSG but im watching Marist vs Canisius right now and I gotta say Canisius is beyond horrible. I havenever seen a worse run halfcourt offense in my life. I'm literally continuing to watch just because it's interesting see how bad they are....

will Florida finally get some top 25 love?? i honestly think they got a shot at winning the SEC, im starting to be a believer in that Nick Callathes kid, dudeis an all around baller and is bound to get a triple double one of these games.

My guess....

1. Memphis
2. Kansas
3. Duke
4. UNC
5. UCLA
6. Georgetown
7. Tennessee
8. Mich St.
9. Wash St.
10. Indiana
11. Texas