The College Basketball Post

Gotta go with Duke, too.. but i'd like to see them both forfeit in reality. What are you doing defending your squad for a change anyways?
laugh.gif
You guysalways have the weirdest stats, too.. by the way. 1st in offensive eFG%, 1st in defensive eFG%... but NOBODY turns the ball over against you, and you guysshoot free throws like your blind. Everything else about you is above average, but not off the charts... just weird man.

Craftsy where do you get all of these random stats from? Like the rebounds per missed shot and all of those...

Originally Posted by tmay407

Craftsy where do you get all of these random stats from? Like the rebounds per missed shot and all of those...

Glad you asked
smile.gif
I love spreading the tempo-free movement, it's like a religion for those of us who have converted.

Start here - http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/stats_explained/

That will explain what all the numbers are - and then go here - www.kenpom.com and check out all the stats - click around, he's got all sorts of stuff onevery team and even every player, some of them are very interesting and others i don't really care about that much, but you won't find any meaninglessones there, and you certainly won't find any tempo-bias ones.

And if you're struggling to understand why tempo matters anyways - check out this quick articlehttp://www.tobaccoroadreport.com/statistics/tempofree-statistics-a-primer.php

Enjoy, and spread the movement!

Allen, my bad, didnt wanna down talk GT too much but im still pretty salty from that Hibbert 3 pointer that beat us ha, thats the GT that is stuck in my headand the memphis GT. I feel like another solid program could knock them off in Sweet 16 or Elite 8 if they dont play their best basketball, Hibbert is a greattalent and your squad has great end of game poise but if their not 100% there, you never know what could happen.

And if Uconn replays the Memphis, Gonzaga, and GT games right now w/ wiggins and no dyson, we go 2-1 easy....too bad its in the past.

There is no doubt we can be knocked off, even in the 2nd round....

But I just like our chances in tournament play. I expect all close games after Rnd 1

Originally Posted by allen3xis

There is no doubt we can be knocked off, even in the 2nd round....

But I just like our chances in tournament play. I expect all close games after Rnd 1

just try going through that bracketology link for real - i'll admit i almost started sweating a little starting in the 2nd round... it could be areally wide open tournament, which is kind of a relief since the last few years have been so top heavy.

Although we have not played the type of D that Roy or myself would like us to play there is still two months left to figure it out. We have shown the potentialto play strong defense for example, we are playing very well defensively tonight and also the end of the first half in the Nevada game where we go on a 8 ptrun to end the first half. If we can get Deon Thompson to not play as soft as he has thus far and some more consistency out of Danny Green then I like ourchances to make it to the Final Four and hopefully win it all.

Originally Posted by Chitownslegend

If Georgetown doesn't offer me something I'm going to be heated
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. I'm tired of all these damn letters
indifferent.gif

letters?? you play hs ball??? can i get a name? nat'l ranking?

Yeah Craftsy, I think we'll see a #3 seed go down first round this year, somewhere.

It's gona be tough

Providence tryin to steal one here....

sick.gif
at ND and Providence in OT...holding up the duke game
laugh.gif
..and it's official..im bad luck to eric gordon..evrytime i watch him...hestruggles...now hes injured.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

sick.gif
laugh.gif
..and it's official..im bad luck to eric gordon..evrytime i watch him...he struggles...now hes injured.
laugh.gif

Wow...
ohwell.gif

Who does Duke play tonight, No TV for me....HW > TV
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by MBen32

sick.gif
laugh.gif
..and it's official..im bad luck to eric gordon..evrytime i watch him...he struggles...now hes injured.
laugh.gif

Wow...
ohwell.gif

Who does Duke play tonight, No TV for me....HW > TV
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
but still, i dont really care who we play..i just wanna watch myteam..i hate everything about notre dame with a passion..so to see them on instead of my team makes me
mad.gif
..especially when it's two teams that i could care less about..but it'sfunny that statement had to come from a unc fan..cant wait til next wednesday..how bout you??
wink.gif

and whats the deal with the green shirts??
nerd.gif

^ i wanna know what's up with the green as well.

Dook is looking pretty sloppy so far. way too many turnovers and weak passes. Gavin Grant is BEASTING right now though...

As a Friar fan, I have to say I'm pretty tired of espn slurping Geoff McDermott every time the Friars are on tv. Seriously this is the 3rd game he haschoked in crunch time. This guy is the last guy on the team I want with the ball in his hands in the final minute of the game. ESPN please put Jeff Xavier,Dwain Williams, or B-Mac on the star watch, not the most overrated player in the big east. Yes I am mad.

Proud of my boys playing like a team. This was how NC State was supposed to look all year. Regardless of the outcome, I'm happy with the effort,considering the egg we laid a few miles down the road.

The green shirts are for water conversation/environmental thingie that Duke's celebrating tonight.

I am liking the Raycom regional coverage in HD... their usual broadcast for games looks like crap.

I'm not sure who I want to win this game though... A #2 vs. #3 matchup next Wed. night would be nice but so would two Duke losses in one week.

Back
Top Bottom