The College Basketball Post

The better team won tonight
I hate this line - it's not usually accurate in how it's said in sports... what you mean to say, and what the reality of the statementis.... is this - "the team that played better tonight won". The better team is still kansas.. it just so happens KSU outplayed them this one night.

Nothing personal - just a sports pet peeve of mine.

Memphis took a big step towards the undefeated year tonight....Houston is good and it was at their place

If Tenn doesn't get em, I think they'll do it

memphis at the top of the ranks now without question
last undefeated team left, and we still dont get the respect

Why do Memphis fans feel that way??

#1 ranking, you'll be a 1 seed, Rose and CDR are always talked about......fact is, you do playin Conference USA, so yeah...yall can go unoticed at times because of the competition

last undefeated team left, and we still dont get the respect

How do you figure? I guess the number 1 ranking isn't good enough for Memphis fans. Do y'all just wanna be handed the national championship right now?Or would that not be enough respect?

Being ranked #1 during the season is just about the most respect you can get right now...

and we still dont get the respect
if that we're the case, it'd probably be because your fans said things like this that simply weren't true.

The UT/Memphis game is shaping up to be a great one... if it were played today, it'd be between the 1 and 2 teams in RPI (bet most of you not named fr3shjust guessed wrong on who is ranked 1 in rpi)- something you don't see too often in a non-conference matchup as late as this will be in the season.

edit: good point^^^
im jus sayin, and feel me on this even lame dude on espn said UCLA has the best chance to go all the way i dont mean respect as far as ranking...hell, bein #1and the only winless team is alot....big step when you hear about the tigers, its ALWAYS the excuse that the conference is weak (no arguement there), buttheres still comp as far as non-conf every one of those games, we were picked to lose...dating back to the tourney in the begginin of the season we killed thezags, got over on the trojans (we shoulda lost, and they beat UCLA), served g-town, oklahoma, uconn all these teams were "quality wins" dont get mewrong, bein #1 is the %@+$, and its well deserved...the city is goin crazy right now i feel that we got a chance to go all the way undefeted, trophy and allmaybe im jus havin a hard time believing it

Props to Arkansas beating No. 25 Mississippi State 78-58
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SEC West will be decided between the Razorbacks, Ole Miss Rebels, and the Miss. St. Bulldogs

Georgetown and St. John's played the most mismatched first 15 minutes of basketball I have ever seen, wow.

It was almost sad, almost.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The ESPN announcers had Coach Carnasecca on for an interview at 51-14....PE Jr dunked 30 seconds later, and Coach cut the interview and bounced.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SEC West will be decided between the Razorbacks, Ole Miss Rebels, and the Miss. St. Bulldogs

Leave it to Mississippi State to lose as soon as they enter the polls, LOL. I think State needs to go at least 10-6 in the SEC and maybe win a game in theSECT to make the tournament. A win against Tennessee on Saturday would go a long way!

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Is there a better looking court in the country than Texas A&M's? That court looks so damn cool...

Ehh, I don't like it.. The Texas is too bid, and the pattern is distracting to watch on TV.
I think that court is horrendous, but that's just me. It's definitely unique
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
There we are.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Is there a better looking court in the country than Texas A&M's? That court looks so damn cool...

Ehh, I don't like it.. The Texas is too bid, and the pattern is distracting to watch on TV.
I think that court is horrendous, but that's just me. It's definitely unique
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
There we are.

laugh.gif
I like it a lot. The tan/brown combo is
pimp.gif
to me...

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Leave it to Mississippi State to lose as soon as they enter the polls, LOL. I think State needs to go at least 10-6 in the SEC and maybe win a game in the SECT to make the tournament. A win against Tennessee on Saturday would go a long way!

RPI around 56 says yes, you boys got work to do.. i was think you had a few more quality wins, but you're just 2-6 against the top 100.. you'llhave some good chances to improve those numbers though, you really hold your own destiny.. 10-6 sounds like it'd get you in.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Mike Cobourn again last night,
pimp.gif

I know right now he playing out of his mind.

1st team all BE freshman easy if he keeps this up.He had 9 bounds last night.

Memphis took a big step towards the undefeated year tonight....Houston is good and it was at their place

If Tenn doesn't get em, I think they'll do it

Regular season right? You don't think there going all the way, do you?

Yeah I'm talkin regular season and conf tourny...

but If you gave me a bracket today, they'd be in the title game against Kansas, winner...I'm not sure

Yeah I'm talkin regular season and conf tourny...

but If you gave me a bracket today, they'd be in the title game against Kansas, winner...I'm not sure

Exactly - who looks more impressive than memphis to date? why wouldn't they still look like they have a shot at running the entire table? i thinkright now everything looks good for them - it's going to take a hellacious effort to beat them.

Yeah, I think Kansas can do it because of how they can get after on D. And their frontcourt.

Both teams are loaded...and imo, a notch above. I think they would beat Duke, UNC soundly.....and UCLA would be a challenge.

I'd like another shot at Memphis on a neutral court, too. But I'll leave my team out of it.

I think Memphis D has been overlooked, they defend and pressure the ball just about as good as anyone. I worry about their FT shooting in an Elite 8, NationalSemi final game tho...

I like them better than the past 2 years because of Rose....I think he's the guy in a tie game on the big stage you give the ball to and let him go to therim.

Hey man - i'm not saying there aren't 10 or so teams that can't beat both teams any given night, and in the tournamet setting, when teams startgetting hot and what not, who knows.. But i'm with you, so far nobody has been as impressive as Kansas and Memphis, and it's not just because they onlyhave 1 win between them.. physically they just look better than everybody else, and statistically they're doing it as well as almost anyone else. You'dbe silly to pick against them RIGHT NOW... give me a few weeks though
wink.gif
I've been hitting like 80 percent on final four teams the last 5 years... so staytuned if you wanna win your bracket
smile.gif

i'll bet anyone in here $100 that Kansas does not make it to the championship.
Can i ask what you're basing that pick on?

Back
Top Bottom