The College Basketball Post

Sonny Weems finally playing to his potential
pimp.gif

In this post I said when Ole Miss was 13-0 that they wouldn't make the tourney...I'm sticking with that

Anybody watching the Tenn/Miss St. game???

edit - Y'all sleeping.....MSU making a mean *!@ comeback....\

My dude Jamont is getting it in....

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Downey Killed it AGAIN.
pimp.gif

most slept on game in America
alot of dudes in the SEC get over-looked somewhat. the SEC, while lacking a big power team, is very competitive this year, lots of real good teams,yet no "great" team.

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

I know nobody gives a damn, but Gonzaga pulled out a tough conference win in double overtime at Santa Clara.

Gonzaga shoulda lost that game. All Santa Clara needed was to get that ball inbounded. There's like 3 seconds left Gonzaga down 2. Ball out underSanta Clara's basket and they throw it long. Ball's tipped and Gonzaga recovers with like 1 second left. Some dude on Santa Clara comes barreling ingoing for the steal. Don't know what he is thinking, but ref calls the fall with like 0.3 or 0.4 seconds. Gonzaga makes 2 and the game goes to OT. Bythe time Gonzaga picked up the ball, the only shot they had was a 1 handed 60 foot heave down court to try to win. Santa Clara blew that one and GonzagaESCAPES.

Man... Ryan Anderson needs some recognition. I know Cal isn't the greatest team, but is there a more underrated player that most people haven'theard of?

33 pts 17 boards (4-7 from 3) in a 79-75 win over Washington.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Craftsy's boys pullin off the upset

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
we needed a win like that around here... such a huge cloud has been hanging over the team since Clax got hurt... just makes me sad to think that wecould've had a decent year and some post season play had we not folded when Geary went down for the last 3 weeks. Still - nice to see that our lineupwe'll have next year is good enough to compete with good quality talent, anybody that saw that game will tell you that Talor Battle is legit.

Anyways - i'm really not that hyped - it doesn't change our disappointing season at all, but it felt good to just have a big crowd and enjoy an upsetwin for a change around here.

By the way - Downey is a beast, to agree with whoever else said it in here.
eek.gif
but i knew that way back in november..

I know Cal isn't the greatest team, but is there a more underrated player that most people haven't heard of?

reminds me of the way Leon Powe got slept in while at Cal. dude was like an urban legend, everybody heard about him but nobody ever could say they'd seenhim play until like the last month of his career there.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I know Cal isn't the greatest team, but is there a more underrated player that most people haven't heard of?

reminds me of the way Leon Powe got slept in while at Cal. dude was like an urban legend, everybody heard about him but nobody ever could say they'd seen him play until like the last month of his career there.

It's been that way in the Pac-10 forever. This is one reason why I think Pac-10 fans are some of the most knowledgable in college sports. We getinundated with East Coast bias from ESPN, so we know everything about every player and their mom on the east coast. Meanwhile, we know everything going on withthe Pac-10 teams. Like Pac-10 fans, in general, thought USC was rated too high going into the season (while pundits thought otherwise). Same happened to UWlast year. Look at Salim Stoudamire his last year at Arizona. All we heard about was JJ Redick and how great he but Salim was obliterating him in all thecategories Redick was supposedly great at. There are tons of examples. Pac-10 fans know their own conference and players better than any pundit in America andthat's why nobody pays attention to national predictions because they're almost always misinformed, due to ignorance.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

reminds me of the way Leon Powe got slept in while at Cal. dude was like an urban legend, everybody heard about him but nobody ever could say they'd seen him play until like the last month of his career there.

It's been that way in the Pac-10 forever. This is one reason why I think Pac-10 fans are some of the most knowledgable in college sports. We get inundated with East Coast bias from ESPN, so we know everything about every player and their mom on the east coast. Meanwhile, we know everything going on with the Pac-10 teams. Like Pac-10 fans, in general, thought USC was rated too high going into the season (while pundits thought otherwise). Same happened to UW last year. Look at Salim Stoudamire his last year at Arizona. All we heard about was JJ Redick and how great he but Salim was obliterating him in all the categories Redick was supposedly great at. There are tons of examples. Pac-10 fans know their own conference and players better than any pundit in America and that's why nobody pays attention to national predictions because they're almost always misinformed, due to ignorance.

In our defense - you guys do play half your games when hardly anybody can stay up to watch them... we spend our friday mornings checking out box scoresfrom games that just finished up a couple hours before hand... everything we get is second hand on the pac-10 in many cases, so everything we know is likelyover or underblown to some extent.

Me personally - i get to see a lot of pac-10 games, but i'm a bit of a night owl.. i don't think it's fair that the pac gets slept on (no punintended) by espn and such... but there are two factors involved there - for one, pac-10 doesn't reach a lot of east coasters on any sort of TV on aregular basis... and two, it's not on ESPN specifically... much as it sucks, they have no reason to promote it and speak of it if it's just hyping up acompetitors product.

It kinda makes college bball more interesting in some ways though - there are whole different subcultures out there you can follow... the mainstream news.. themid and low major news.. the west coast, the south, the tobacco road stuff.. there's so much info out there to take in, i think posts like this justreflect that all the better - we all offer a little bit of insight from different perspectives around the country, and we're still only getting part of thepicture of what's really going on.

we all offer a little bit of insight from different perspectives around the country
Word.

Like, I know Nowitness knows much more than I could with Big 12 country...craftsy Big 10, etc, etc...

reflects on what we like too, I know I'd take the Big East over anything, but other people wouldn't.

And Pac 10 being on FSN, kills them.

laugh.gif
i don't know how much i really LIKE big 10 basketball... but it's what i'm stuck with, so i've learned to deal with it... still, idon't know that i could be a big east fan either, something about many of those teams just rubs me the wrong way.. i root for a lot of games in thatconference to finish in double-disqualifications and what not
laugh.gif

I am becoming a big xii fan anymore though (probably because of our baylor bears, who are now 0-2 since we adopted them
laugh.gif
sorry guys)- but i need to expandmy learnings of that a bit more..

good win for us today.� but damn, we EVER gonna get everybody on the court at the same time?� Jodie didn't play and Ramel busted his chin and suffered aconcusion after a hard foul in the first half from Dave Bliss.� you could read Dave Bliss's lips and he told Joe Crawford he "sucks."

smh.gif

Joe went for 26 on one leg.
pimp.gif

i don't think we'll ever get everyone�healthy, don't know the status on Ramel yet.� you can see the foul and notice Joe limping in the vid:

I see you John Pelphrey
pimp.gif

can't wait til Arkansas comes to Rupp, the roof will blow off when he's introduced.

if he and Travis Ford (even though i think UMass took an L today) continue to do good things, i think that one day one of them will be our next coach.

Glad to see us get back in the winning column last night vs ASU after what 'zona did to us on Thursday. Also, props to Hackett for bouncing back from thathip pointer injury so fast to help us secure this W.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom