The Combat Jack Show Thread

I’m in no rush to drop music in this era, the advantage is not to the artist. Drake can drop more because it is formulaic. Kendricks albums are thought out and well put together. Drake is color by numbers, Kendrick is an oil painting and he’s the type of guy that wants to stretch his own canvas. I can’t speak on Cole too much, although his newest album is dope.

I don't want to hear **** about how long it takes for Dot to drop until he drops a dud. His projects have been outstanding and those other guys (his era) can't say the same.
I can only speak for myself but I don't look at TPAB or Untitled as classics. Untitled may not count but I legit haven't listened to that **** since it dropped.

I can honestly say I rarely go back to TPAB bur there are some tracks in there worth a revisit for sure.

Now I can say when Kendrick hits he knocks it out the park but there is some room for criticism for sure. His sporadic drops musically don't really help imo because we know once we get the project we may not see or hear from this dude for 3 or 4 years. I do wonder if leaving TDE and having to kinda upstart the new label will change that.

How is the advantage NOT to this artist in this era? If anything, I’ve heard the complete opposite.

I can see both sides. The elite guys have the luxury of being somewhat mysterious between drops. Mid-level artist are forced to not only play the SM games but also keep music in rotation in fear that someone else of equal talent could take their spot. There was a brief moment in Fewtchs career where RHQ almost had him out the paint. Thank God for Monster and the Rich Gang **** not working out.

2015, 2016, & 2017. Why are we changing narratives? Dude could've easily Lauryn Hill'd TPAB, but he smacked us w/ 2 more records back to back. His albums are gonna matter 50yrs from now. You can't say the same about a lot of your favs:
Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 4.16.50 PM.jpg

TPAB is probably my favorite Dot album. That **** can probably change depending on the month tho :lol:

The thing with Joe is that his life seemingly revolves around young IG models, so it clear why he has such an appreciation for Drake's music. Dude is essentially an R&B artist who has the skill to rap really well if focused. & a big portion of his music revolves around being heartbroken by the same thots Joe loves to chase around.

But if you go back to those Budden disses & that podcast about views it's clear he knows what's up as well & everything he said during that period has only become more & more of a glaring hole project after project.

We know what it is, Joe still hoping for that Drake sit down interview. Him being so dismissive of Cole might be hurting his case for making that happen though cuz Drake and Cole are tight.

We know what it is, Joe still hoping for that Drake sit down interview. Him being so dismissive of Cole might be hurting his case for making that happen though cuz Drake and Cole are tight.

I was wondering if Drake actually did Drink Champs, or was that for publicity

A lot of those daytime tv shows aside from Oprah were pretty good. They set the stage for what we see now. Which is ironic considering how the old heads talk about younger people and social media. Like Freaknik, Bike week didn't exist and they weren't selling girls gone wild videos on national TV

Last edited:
If Joe ever gets the Drake interview it will be when Drake is on his way down. Joe been vying for that interview for years now. He might as well speak his mind. Drake has dropped a handful of album since the pod started. If he was gonna sit down with Joe he'd have done it by now.

Not to mention the Push interview etc. I don't see them using the same platform to deliver whatever message they want to the public.

Pusha interview still a TOP 5 podcast moment for Joe.

I think that Drink Champs was definitely done but knowing Nore he asked some out of pocket **** & seeing how Drake team moves they gotta control the narrative on everything.

***** Mack Maine really went on IG To explain Why Drake was shooting Airballs in a pickup game vs Tory Lanez :rofl: :rofl: I have never seen a ***** protected so much in all my years of living :lol:

I know everybody eating good off him but goddamn a ***** can't even have a bad game of 21 w/o a press release

***** Mack Maine really went on IG To explain Why Drake was shooting Airballs in a pickup game vs Tory Lanez :rofl: :rofl: I have never seen a ***** protected so much in all my years of living :lol:

How about Nike execs confiscating video of an NBA player getting dunked on by a college player (soon to be a pro) in a summer basketball pickup

They are the exact same *****

Last edited:
Lebron definitely meets the standard. This is just pure hate :lol:

Mike/Kareem/Magic/Duncan…Shoot Shaq/Kobe/Bird and the old heads pre merger. Thats the Standard. No cut or finesse on it. Bron in the convo tho. He with extras and Def be od with the media shenanigans and the narratives.

This not hate. It’s fact.

Drake, for what it’s worth…is in some all time great convos too. But then *****s take shortcuts and elevate themselves to levels they haven’t met yet. And people just be ok with it, cuz it’s their time..and they want one in the convos too (I do this with Future at times, to prove a point).

Back
Top Bottom