The Combat Jack Show Thread

You can tell, she lashed out and then deleted the tweets

Not sure if more was mentioned, but if all Ish said was “some women are spiteful” whilst discussing Kanye’s mom admitting to being spiteful, shorty’s extra foul. Saying “don’t mention me or the essence of me” is pretty much admitting that you are indeed spiteful. A hit dog will holler.

Be careful who you have kids with, man. :smh:

Not sure if more was mentioned, but if all Ish said was “some women are spiteful” whilst discussing Kanye’s mom admitting to being spiteful, shorty’s extra foul. Saying “don’t mention me or the essence of me” is pretty much admitting that you are indeed spiteful. A hit dog will holler.

Be careful who you have kids with, man. :smh:

Yeah, I looked at that clip she copied, and was thinking THAT upset her? Because it wasn't even about her.

There's been other times Ish said something where it seemed like Ish seemed bitter or like he didn't have a good relationship, but that clip was lightweight. It's like she's listening to the pod for subliminals.

And I never understood the lock someone up for the money they owe, especially if they don't have it.

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 that I never go down that CS route man.

I went to jail for a night on some dumb **** and kicked it with a dude that had been in there for weeks on child support. He already knew he was coming home to no job and a bunch of past due bills. **** made me really evaluate how lucky I've been this far.

My pops still owes my mom 60k in CS but she don't bang with locking people up over that type of ****.

Listening to the pod and at the R Kelly part . Interesting how mentioned the gangsta rap stuff. Me and my homies was just having that convo .

i don’t listen to kellz because the music seems to be specifically talking about The foul **** he actually did to underage kids.( also never been a r Kelly fan anyway). **** makes me uncomfortable

I was rocking with king Von heavy but then when I start talking to my girls family (they from that gang life in Chicago) and they explaining actual stuff that happened , that he’s saying …. Then I’m looking at Reddit and seeing names and speculation , it started to legit make me feel bad for listening to the music.

i don’t believe in cancel culture but If I can’t listen to things without getting uncomfortable, I won’t

Listening to the pod and at the R Kelly part . Interesting how mentioned the gangsta rap stuff. Me and my homies was just having that convo .

i don’t listen to kellz because the music seems to be specifically talking about The foul **** he actually did to underage kids.( also never been a r Kelly fan anyway). **** makes me uncomfortable

I was rocking with king Von heavy but then when I start talking to my girls family (they from that gang life in Chicago) and they explaining actual stuff that happened , that he’s saying …. Then I’m looking at Reddit and seeing names and speculation , it started to legit make me feel bad for listening to the music.

i don’t believe in cancel culture but If I can’t listen to things without getting uncomfortable, I won’t

Totally get it

I posted that Gang War in Jacksonville vid in here a couple days ago. Once I watched that it totally ruined that Who I Smoke song for me. The song is a bop but I'm good on music that legitimately clowns the murder of very specific children.

I was never using the "smoking on such and such" talk anyways but I can't get with that at all.

Kendricks smoking on your Top 5 metaphor might be the best use of that phrase in recent memory. The kids ain't playing when they use that ****. At least I know with Kendrick he just means I'm better than xyz (drake).

If you never had that context from your girlfriend...would you have assumed the stuff King Von was rapping about was fiction?

If you never had that context from your girlfriend...would you have assumed the stuff King Von was rapping about was fiction?
I know this wasnt for me, but....

Alot of rappers be lying man. I know drill is different but would you fault me if I said yeah?

I know this wasnt for me, but....

Alot of rappers be lying man. I know drill is different but would you fault me if I said yeah?

King Von came a good 4-5 years after the first era of Keef, Durk, Reese, etc. AND after the national media was obsessed with crime in Chicago circa 2012-ish....when it became a major talking point everywhere. So yes...I'd assume if you listened and watched the imagery...that the content King Von was putting out wasn't the typical braggadocious, "I'm the man and I have guns" raps.

You just said you know it's "different" right? What did you think was different about it?

naw, never thought it was fiction . just to be real I think I ignored it ? When I was first listening and he was saying stuff , even with names I’m just kind of glossing over it rather intentionally or unintentionally…. I never glorified it , just ignored it .

I also heard his music before I really heard anything about him.

then when her people telling me this and that , or I start looking up names and I’m reading stories it just felt different.

also I was never really into/hip to drill music . A couple keef songs ,fredo song with Kendrick and whatever the Reese song was that was popular.

i never looked into any of they projects or catalogs until von .

King Von came a good 4-5 years after the first era of Keef, Durk, Reese, etc. AND after the national media was obsessed with crime in Chicago circa 2012-ish....when it became a major talking point everywhere. So yes...I'd assume if you listened and watched the imagery...that the content King Von was putting out wasn't the typical braggadocious, "I'm the man and I have guns" raps.

You just said you know it's "different" right? What did you think was different about it?

TBH the first Drill wave didn't really hit me. I ignore the media at large when it comes to hip hop and I just wasn't that into Keef when he popped.

Pop Smoke and eventually the UK Drill scene is what actually made me a fan of Drill music.

To this day its fairly safe to say I've listened to more King Von that I have any of the elder Chicago Drill statesmen (even Durk, if he is considered a Driller)

Even with that it wasn't until I actually watched some of the youtube docs, caught up with the RAN thread etc, that I began to understand that some of these artist (mostly the Drillers) really do drop the bodies they rap about in songs.

I think now it plays a part, because of how real some of those lyrics are

But also it's also a dig at Ice, but Ice has already stated how hypocritical he is. He admits it.

I thought it was just a way for Joe to try and justify listening to the Chester. Because of his record with women, he's scared to go down that path.

Last edited:
also I was never really into/hip to drill music . A couple keef songs ,fredo song with Kendrick and whatever the Reese song was that was popular.

i never looked into any of they projects or catalogs until von .
Hip hop is still a fairly young genre. These sub-genres are even younger.

I'm from the Midwest and I'm somewhat proud of Keef and the Chicago guys for literally creating a genre that to some extent changed the hip hop landscape on a global level but I'd be lying if I said I was checking for that **** early on.

Idk what it was about Von but his timing probably couldn't have been better in terms of blowing up as an artist (for me). Idk if he was less or more talented than any of the other Chicago drillers but somehow his music caught my attention enough for me to check out his project.

I think now it plays a part, because of how real some of those lyrics are now.

But also it's also a dig at Ice, but Ice has already stated how hypocritical he is. He admits it.

I thought it was just a way for Joe to try and justify him listening to the Chester. Because of his record with women, he's scared to go down that path.

100% he wants to make himself feel better about still rocking with R Kelly. “I’m playing devils advocate but nobody has sympathy for him as a victim” … fam no , sorry it happened to him as a kid but as an adult he should of did what he needed to do and not continued this cycle .

but yeah Joe doesn’t want that heat of saying he rocks with him for sure

If you can marry and procreate with sex a offender cancel culture doesn't exist. If you can hang out and take pictures with sex offender cancel culture doesn't exist.

This is funny. He’s a sex offender and he’s dealing with some legal **** now. He and Nicki both in trouble for harassing and threatening the victim. All valid reasons to “cancel” someone.

The only thing that actually gets cancelled are tv shows/movies.

Seems like the standards a for certain people are much higher than others when it comes to pearl clutching.

Not listening to Kellz music while listening to a podcast of a dude who has the history of Joe Buddens is elite level mental gymnastics. Without that floor routine a lot of people wouldn't have much entertainment so I get it.

Who has more blood on their hands Von or Biden :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom