The Combat Jack Show Thread

This is what I was in the hip hop thread. Dude was already on the wire at what 14, 15? Dude getting bread on a critically acclaimed show and that's corny? Now if he was one of these dudes acting like something he's not (Drake, Chris Brown) I would get it but he like the most staying out the way celeb out there.
Not just that, man's added director to his resume and sports team ownership as well. Ain't out here making a fool of himself, but somehow Joe of all people finds him to be corny. :lol:

I think they're just saying MBJ is a square with no edge, I've heard some women say they don't necessarily want a street dudes but want a square with edge

I seen those tweets. Some women don't even know exactly what that means. Most women nowadays don't really know what they want to begin with.

One day they want a man with edge, next those type of men are "toxic". That "edge" is cool until it backfires on them.

Audio/Video is an art that not enough people that do it understand. Gotta get someone that sees and understands the little things. Joe got lucky having Parks for his audio and proper video folks.
JBP’s sound quality has ruined other podcasts for me.

Is it just me or is the sound off on this

Math lookin like a Lebron shoe

lebron-17.jpg

As a fan of both songs… that line from Binx about ‘You Don’t Know’ beat being a knock off of ‘1-900-Hustler’ has me stuck in the Alonzo gif rn

Even more is Just did bite the **** outta Swizz with this. This is real blatant.

I don't know why I didn't notice, **** sounds like a slowed down poor mans Banned From TV. Damn.

Yeah, it's hard to dispute it, because Bink has been saying it for 20 years and he's right.

I love Just, and I know it sucks someone popularizes your sound, because of who they worked with.

Didn't know about them wanting No ID for Rocafella though. I had thought he was dope since the Common days.

Is it biting though if you're replicating the sound of the era? Unoriginal for sure, but are these dudes who make like trap or Detroit beats nowadays biting each other?

Is it biting though if you're replicating the sound of the era? Unoriginal for sure, but are these dudes who make like trap or Detroit beats nowadays biting each other?

I think this might have been the beginning of what we're seeing today.

Bink is speaking on how he came up in the 90's. Large Pro, Pete Rock, Buckwild, Preme, Havoc, RZA, Swizz, Easy Moe Bee they weren't trying to sound like each other to get work. You went to them for their sound. That was on the back end of that.

But Just was basically a producer on the payroll. You want to work and not replaced and get placement you have to give them what they want.

I think Just never had a signature sound or never got to develop one, because of his age and how he started out. He was doing what he was influenced by, because he was a young producer. I understand both sides.

… and really and truly, the credit needs to go to the jazz, blues, and r&b percussionist and ensembles who ACTUALLY these guys sample from.

85% of all of our favorite beats form the 80s, 90s, to present were made by dudes who are in their 70s, 80s and 90s.

The whole idea of crate digging would be nothing without the forefathers. I’m kind of tired of hip hop trying to take full credit and s*** on rhythm and blues.

Imagine if Chaka Khan told Kanye “no”… same with James Brown, James Mtume, The Gap Band, etc.

These dudes really laid the blueprint for hip hop and I’m tired of the disrespect.

These producers really can’t call someone a biter when they bit the elders and half the time, never wanted to give them credit.

… and really and truly, the credit needs to go to the jazz, blues, and r&b percussionist and ensembles who ACTUALLY these guys sample from.

85% of all of our favorite beats form the 80s, 90s, to present were made by dudes who are in their 70s, 80s and 90s.

The whole idea of crate digging would be nothing without the forefathers. I’m kind of tired of hip hop trying to take full credit and s*** on rhythm and blues.

Imagine if Chaka Khan told Kanye “no”… same with James Brown, James Mtume, The Gap Band, etc.

These dudes really laid the blueprint for hip hop and I’m tired of the disrespect.

These producers really can’t call someone a biter when they bit the elders and half the time, never wanted to give them credit.

:stoneface:

thing is they were getting paid at least, it was rarely ever out of kindness…the chaka khan sample kanye used & her opinion of it is kinda funny;

thing is they were getting paid at least, it was rarely ever out of kindness…the chaka khan sample kanye used & her opinion of it is kinda funny;

Not everyone got paid. Some dudes use to try and skate by.

I heard Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz didn’t get any money from “Deja Vu”

Steely Dan got most of the royalties from it. Their paperwork was right. Some people on the other hand weren’t fortunate

Back
Top Bottom