The Combat Jack Show Thread

Biggie and Pac could rap

Frank Ocean is a average if not below average singer.

He shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence much less compared to Otis Redding or Sam Cooke. Ushering in a bunch of subpar singers with vocoders to cover up their lack of singing.

60 years later...

Nobody is going to be playing or caring about Frank Ocean in 50 years.

Stop pulling names out of your ***

Biggie and Pac could rap

Frank Ocean is a average if not below average singer.

He shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence much less compared to Otis Redding or Sam Cooke. Ushering in a bunch of subpar singers with vocoders to cover up their lack of singing.

60 years later...

Nobody is going to be playing or caring about Frank Ocean in 50 years.

Stop pulling names out of your ***

I was comparing their timelines/timespan.

I apologize my good sir

M4's caping for Jonathan Majors is weird. Does she realize that the evidence that he didn't do anything is PR that that they released? Being that the charges weren't actually dropped says a lot. Much less that video that was supposed to clear him never released. Plus the cab driver hasn't been out proclaiming his innocence. We didn't even get the recording of the "alleged" phone call he made. Everything that has been released doesn't make him look innocent. It just shows a woman who is probably used to being abused. It's also interesting how he got dropped after we start hearing it's other women coming forward.

And they didn't know P Kelly said Aaliyah's name when she was like 12 years old? Dude even said little Aaliyah, so we know it wasn't someone else with the same name. :smh:

As it should be. Do your research or how about STOP sampling and be original. Pay that ticket or create something organic

Youngins don’t respect the old heads…. But quick to copy? Ain’t that funny

CMG didn't come around until later after the hit.

It's the repeated cycle of a new artist not having their business straight first. They just want to be heard.

and these producers might think they can get over, because the artist doesn't know and doesn't ask.

She just needs to create some more hits and charge that song to the game.

As it should be. Do your research or how about STOP sampling and be original. Pay that ticket or create something organic

Youngins don’t respect the old heads…. But quick to copy? Ain’t that funny

definitely a lil easier to do the due diligence given the technology available, to reverse search but artist only get the beat (packages) via producers…if the artist isn’t already familiar it’s most likely going to go over their head

It's on the producer and CMG.

No one in the situation handled their business. Song is almost a year old and he only found out they sampled because a random person messaged him.

So what? He still found out. Start vetting your producers then or like I said…. Be ORGINAL.

I don’t care if he found out 10 years later. The fact remains they stole from him.

Either CMG didn't do their due diligence or they thought they could get over too. Bad business all around.

Vet a producer :lol:

My point was he wasn't handling his business missing one of the biggest songs of the year sampling his work.

You really go out of your way to go back n forth about nothing

Last edited:
definitely a lil easier to do the due diligence given the technology available, to reverse search but artist only get the beat (packages) via producers…if the artist isn’t already familiar it’s most likely going to go over their head

Again, that’s all well and good, either way they’re getting sued. Not knowing still doesn’t prevent you from getting sued :lol: :lol: :lol:. The court of law doesn’t care about you being ignorant.

Juice wrld stole from Sting… and Sting recoups all the money from that song. It’s chess, not checkers.

Of COURSE I’d let the song get big first, then she later. That’s the smart thing to do. Let the song get popular, then strike.

Same with “blurred lines”. Marvin Gayes estate sued Robin Thicke, and won. That’s the price of doing business if you’re not on point

George Clinton and James Brown were BRILLIANT in that aspect. They knew hip hop was next, they let dudes sample their music and cleared those samples because they knew they’d eat forever.

It’s a smart business move either way.

So what? He still found out. Start vetting your producers then or like I said…. Be ORGINAL.

I don’t care if he found out 10 years later. The fact remains they stole from him.

I'm sure it wasn't a known producer.

It's two people trying to get on and the producer is trying to get a payday and get over. He might have sold that beat for $500.

Either CMG didn't do their due diligence or they thought they could get over too. Bad business all around.

Vet a producer :lol:

My point was he wasn't handling his business missing one of the biggest songs of the year sampling his work.

You really go out of your way to go back n forth about nothing

The producer/CMG didn’t handle their business either, that’s why they’re being served lawsuit papers :lol: :lol:

He might’ve not have did his due diligence but some one still brought it to his attention. Whether a month or a year later. He’s still allowed to sue :lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s still going to be able to recoup money from it because the song is out there. I definitely can tell which ones of y’all dudes would let someone steal from you, and not do anything.

Type to let a dude steal your shoes, see him in public and hang out with him while he’s wearing the shoes he stole from you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marvin Gaye died in 1984, his estate STILL sued Pharrel and Co. in 2015 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pay up.

I can’t believe we still have the same arguments about sampling. Glorilla is just as guilty of not knowing about the sample, as the Mobo Jo dude for not knowing, both are true. “But we’re going back and forth about nothing”

Last edited:
Them dudes around her foul, bout to put a downer on her flourishing career. The classic cheesy thieving music biz folks. That's why I respect Taylor Swift, shorty move like an army.

That DHP track hard too.

Again, that’s all well and good, either way they’re getting sued. Not knowing still doesn’t prevent you from getting sued :lol: :lol: :lol:. The court of law doesn’t care about you being ignorant.

Juice wrld stole from Sting… and Sting recoups all the money from that song. It’s chess, not checkers.

Of COURSE I’d let the song get big first, then she later. That’s the smart thing to do. Let the song get popular, then strike.

Same with “blurred lines”. Marvin Gayes estate sued Robin Thicke, and won. That’s the price of doing business if you’re not on point

oh yea, ignorance isn’t an excuse, it is just the off top reasoning as to why it might of happened…the ‘blurred lines’ case, from what i remember, is a bad example & perhaps the worst case of overreaching because it wasn’t even a sample, rather it seemed to either inspired by or of a similar sound, which i still don’t understand what actually happened in that lawsuit?

The producer/CMG didn’t handle their business either, that’s why they’re being served lawsuit papers :lol: :lol:

He might’ve not have did his due diligence but some one still brought it to his attention. Whether a month or a year later. He’s still allowed to sue :lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s still going to be able to recoup money from it because the song is out there. I definitely can tell which ones of y’all dudes would let someone steal from you, and not do anything.

Type to let a dude steal your shoes, see him in public and hang out with him while he’s wearing the shoes he stole from you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marvin Gaye died in 1984, his estate STILL sued Pharrel and Co. in 2015 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pay up.

I can’t believe we still have the same arguments about sampling. Glorilla is just as guilty of not knowing about the sample, as the Mobo Jo dude for not knowing, both are true. “But we’re going back and forth about nothing”

Fam that piano melody is simple as ****. :lol:

If that’s a song that no one has heard before now OG gotta get all the way the **** outta here. Dudes like Mustard and Nick Mira made millions off of just rearranging Melodies over and over. All those 90’s southern Memphis/No Limit style Melodies have those type of simple piano Melodies.

Unless that’s a regional hit in Memphis dude reaching like a mf. Multiple people have generic ideas and now a mf copying you :lol:

It's on the producer and CMG.

No one in the situation handled their business. Song is almost a year old and he only found out they sampled because a random person messaged him.

can’t believe we still have the same arguments about sampling. Glorilla is just as guilty of not knowing about the sample, as the Mobo Jo dude for not knowing, both are true. “But we’re going back and forth about nothing”

It's not we it's YOU. My initial post said she (they essentially) was about to LOSE. I followed up by saying it was on producer CMG.

But your need to say a bunch of nothing to argue points that aren't up for debate and or your lack of reading comprehension leads to your by your own admission repeated walls of text.

Fam that piano melody is simple as ****. :lol:

If that’s a song that no one has heard before now OG gotta get all the way the **** outta here. Dudes like Mustard and Nick Mira made millions off of just rearranging Melodies over and over. All those 90’s southern Memphis/No Limit style Melodies have those type of simple piano Melodies.

Unless that’s a regional hit in Memphis dude reaching like a mf. Multiple people have generic ideas and now a mf copying you :lol:

It’s simple…. But they copied. You sound stupid as usual.

Simple….. but duplicated verbatim (sample I should say)…. That “obscure” song was chosen for a reason… the producer thought he was gone be able to skate away with a new creation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can tell which one y’all have integrity or not. Imagine someone samples your dad or grandfathers music and y’all just let someone ride it out while calling it “inspiration”

It's not we it's YOU. My initial post said she (they essentially) was about to LOSE. I followed up by saying it was on producer CMG.

But your need to say a bunch of nothing to argue points that aren't up for debate and or your lack of reading comprehension leads to your by your own admission repeated walls of text.

You don’t have to read them. Y’all like justifying the pilfering of other peoples ideas and creations under the “no one knew about them anyway” or, “such and such wouldn’t have done anything if the song or melody became mainstream again”

Child please. You made it a debate by basically saying dude didn’t have the right to sue because he was unaware of a the song until someone brought it to his attention

It’s simple…. But they copied. You sound stupid as usual.

Simple….. but duplicated verbatim (sample I should say)…. That “obscure” song was chosen for a reason… the producer thought he was gone be able to skate away with a new creation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can tell which one y’all have integrity or not. Imagine someone samples your dad or grandfathers music and y’all just let someone ride it out while calling it “inspiration”

Here you go doing that trademark Grimey **** where you pretend you read something wrong for ten posts and respond to something no one said….go get your reading glasses unc

I’m saying he DID NOT know that original song existed and DID NOT copy him unless y’all saying that that is some local regional Memphis classic. If that wasn’t a big song in the 90’s in Memphis then that melody could have genuinely been thought up by the both of them. There are 12 notes and that style of piano no limit/three 6 mafia beat is common as ****.

6pac 6pac let adidas put a “simple” small swoosh on their shoe or, just as Nike sued puma for copying their flyknit technology. Doesn’t matter how small or large, lawsuits happen everyday in America.

Do your homework or pay the price. The game is to be sold, not told.

Here you go doing that trademark Grimey **** where you pretend you read something wrong for ten posts and respond to something no one said….go get your reading glasses unc

I’m saying he DID NOT know that original song existed and DID NOT copy him unless y’all saying that that is some local regional Memphis classic. If that wasn’t a big song in the 90’s in Memphis then that melody could have genuinely been thought up by the both of them. There are 12 notes and that style of piano no limit/three 6 mafia beat is common as ****.

You think the producer just stumbled upon that melody, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr. Dre use to use an orchestra to duplicate or try and replicate certain melodies without blatantly copying and pasting with software.

If dudes aren’t smart enough as Dre to do that, the that’s on them

Some of y’all need to just admit that y’all like seeing people sample stuff and get away with it, without having to pay the originators. Just come out and admit it as such.

It’s a hodgepodge of excuses every time.

Back
Top Bottom