The Combat Jack Show Thread

only time. She the type of chick you do not want to get drunk around. Actually, a lot of stuff starting to make sense:

Moni Love, showed a lot of restraint :lol:. Mellisa one of them type of drunk people

She was stealing blunts and putting them in her bra

images

The more I hear her talk I see why she's in her 40's, no kids and no ring.

i know she’s from toronto, but the no kids, no ring part shouldn’t really be surprising, given her profession, profile, & the statistics for marriage black women generally…

:lol: The more she talks and sounds like a white valley girl it makes me cringe a bit. Where in the hell chicks from all regions in North America get this accent from, not a fan of it.

😂 blame the pervasiveness of the kardashians & social media, the valley girl way of speaking & the vocal fry thing definitely spread because a lot of women are mimicking popular influencers/trends

Most podcast/topics are trash but the actual decent conversations/topics never get any traction.

It's not always a lacking thing they CHOOSE not to or only do it on their terms.

Tax Season, was and still is the best podcast out of all of them. And so much so, it’s arguably the linchpin and model for every successful hip hop podcast after Combat Jack & Brilliant Idiots.

There would be no Drink Champs, No Math Hoffa, No Million Dollars Worth of Game….nothing without Tax Season. Including Budden blowing up (Imagine 2015…Joe Budden was a guest on some blood ***** from East NY podcast, who had a small twitter following in the single thousands)

Legit insanity where it’s at now

Nah Tax had some big cosigns (crissle and kid fury, charla) and wasn't he on loud speakers.
By the time budden did his show tax was pretty popping in the podcast space, it honestly made sense.

Nah Tax had some big cosigns (crissle and kid fury, charla) and wasn't he on loud speakers.
By the time budden did his show tax was pretty popping in the podcast space, it honestly made sense.

Nah…I’m saying Taxatone off the block….and twitter became the biggest and most influential hip hop podcaster, before hip hop podcasting even blew :lol:. So much so that the guys really winning now, were down bad and out the loop, when Tax was just figuring it out.

The fact that he was interviewing Meek in a wraith…during the Drake/Meek Beef, after just coming off guy code and writing twitter jokes like 24 months prior was crazy.

Shoot, he had a big hand in NYC DRILL rap too. Part of what got him 35 years with Manolo and how that bled to Troy ****

Designer doesn’t go, Milly Rock and everything that kinda came from that (outside of GS9). Tax had his hand in a lot, in a short period of time for a dude who seemingly winged it.

That’s crazy. Roc nation **** too, while Budden was in SoundCloud trying to figure out a name for his podcast with Marissa hosting :lol:

Angela Yee deserves a lot of credit too, people hate her….but she a true hustler. Brilliant woman

Nah…I’m saying Taxatone off the block….and twitter became the biggest and most influential hip hop podcaster, before hip hop podcasting even blew :lol:. So much so that the guys really winning now, were down bad and out the loop, when Tax was just figuring it out.

The fact that he was interviewing Meek in a wraith…during the Drake/Meek Beef, after just coming off guy code and writing twitter jokes like 24 months prior was crazy.

Shoot, he had a big hand in NYC DRILL rap too. Part of what got him 35 years with Manolo and how that bled to Troy ****

Designer doesn’t go, Milly Rock and everything that kinda came from that (outside of GS9). Tax had his hand in a lot, in a short period of time for a dude who seemingly winged it.

That’s crazy. Roc nation **** too, while Budden was in SoundCloud trying to figure out a name for his podcast with Marissa hosting :lol:

Angela Yee deserves a lot of credit too, people hate her….but she a true hustler. Brilliant woman
I hadn't looked at it like that. His run was short but certainly epic.

Tax Season, was and still is the best podcast out of all of them. And so much so, it’s arguably the linchpin and model for every successful hip hop podcast after Combat Jack & Brilliant Idiots.

There would be no Drink Champs, No Math Hoffa, No Million Dollars Worth of Game….nothing without Tax Season. Including Budden blowing up (Imagine 2015…Joe Budden was a guest on some blood ***** from East NY podcast, who had a small twitter following in the single thousands)

not taking anything away from his impact because tax definitely was a great listen, but the model for discussions in hip-hop podcasts pre-dated tax and he didn’t really innovate as much as his (aggressive) persona and willingness to be confrontational proved to entertaining/interesting. add to that he wasn’t so on that old head timing where he was actually open to new wave of artists

Tax :smh::smh::smh:

He def carved a lane for those mentioned above and became my go to pod when CtheGod kept repeating he's from a dirt road in Monks Corner South Carolina every episode, Combat Jack and Juan Ep went deep HIPHOP and Joe Budden was still trying to figure out the the pod name/crew.

Last edited:

This isn't true, and you're making his pod bigger than it was.

This isn't true, and you're making his pod bigger than it was.

All of it is true. NORE literally said he started podcasting after going on Tax Season, and feeling comfortable. Gillie said the same thing himself. And that Tax showed them the ropes. Joe Budden was doing Drake rants, and ended up on Tax Season. That is true. Meek Mill at the height of his popularity and in the middle of the Drake Beef did his first exclusive interview on Tax Season in a wraith. All of this is true,

Without “trying to make it seem like more than what it was”.

All of it is true. NORE literally said he started podcasting after going on Tax Season, and feeling comfortable. Gillie said the same thing himself. And that Tax showed them the ropes. Joe Budden was doing Drake rants, and ended up on Tax Season. That is true. Meek Mill at the height of his popularity and in the middle of the Drake Beef did his first exclusive interview on Tax Season in a wraith. All of this is true,

Without “trying to make it seem like more than what it was”.

Nore also said that he was asked about doing a pod long before he started one.

Tax showed them the ropes :lol: He barely knew how to pod. He used to rant for 15 minutes and then ask remedial questions. Now it's the greatest show ever, stop.

and I bet Joe had more to do with Gillie starting podding than Tax, but he would never give that to Joe. Joe taught rappers you can become popular even without ever have really been popular podding.

You're really overrating Tax's popularity. He had a niche, and the dummy crashed out, badly.

If his pod was so huge, why did he crash out over Troy Ave who wasn't even big?

and Meek Meek Meek, Meek just has his ear to the streets.

Tax showed them the ropes :lol: He barely knew how to pod. He used to rant for 15 minutes and then ask remedial questions. Now it's the greatest show ever, stop.

and I bet Joe had more to do with Gillie starting podding than Tax, but he would never give that to Joe. Joe taught rappers you can become popular even without ever have really been popular podding.

You're really overrating Tax's popularity. He had a niche, and the dummy crashed out, badly.

Dawg, I’m literally just telling you what those dudes said out their own mouth :lol:

You’re the one that is making things seem a way, based on nothing but your own speculation :lol:. “I bet” and “probably”….while I’m simply listing out true words that have been said, and true events that happened.

And people asked NORE to do radio. He himself said going to Tax Season…IS the reason he started Drink Champs.

And Tax literally learned from Combat Jack & CTG. The Podcast lane had not broken yet. But Tax was the guy right before he went away. I’m simply saying, his show was good…and he was very influential in his space. Directly to people who took advantage of the vacuum, and became much bigger than many even imagined.

All of this is true. You said I’m lying. I’m not

And from my memory of it, Meek went on as a response to Beans.

Joe been doing stuff on the internet well before podcasts caught on, he was going to figure it out eventually.

Nore and EFN have said plenty of times that they were pretty much doing Drink Champs before they made the podcast official.

Whether Tax was an influence or not, he made an impact and was entertaining.

an example of Tax not being as big as people thought. All those rants and trolling of Troy Ave for years on Twitter for attention, much less him trolling us from jail for seven years.

I'm going to be home soon :rolleyes

He has less than 70,000 Twitter followers.

And from my memory of it, Meek went on as a response to Beans.

Joe been doing stuff on the internet well before podcasts caught on, he was going to figure it out eventually.

Nore and EFN have said plenty of times that they were pretty much doing Drink Champs before they made the podcast official.

Whether Tax was an influence or not, he made an impact and was entertaining.

Budden has been doing internet **** since like MySpace days. Nobody is arguing or debating that.

Tax Season opened up a lane. In real time, *****s was TELLING YOU what it was :lol:. It’s not hard to say like you said at the end, that Tax had a big impact in the podcast lane, and was influential. To a lot of people.

That isn’t hyping it up or lying about. It’s what it was

Back
Top Bottom