The Combat Jack Show Thread

Big goofy looking. Head banger white boy. I know dude use to wear Soap skateboarding shoes like the whites dudes I went to middle school with.

Anyway, full of tattoos, nightstand probably has packs of menthols and beer cans…

His staff was 85% black dudes. Like c’mon.

I never liked Adam but I don’t blame him for taking advantage of them dudes. If you gone sit there and allow a person of Adams ilk to take power over you, it goes to show what caliber person you are.

The Adam Specials
FF59B3AE-6D6D-493F-9DF5-D579B86DABC1.jpeg

Big goofy looking. Head banger white boy. I know dude use to wear Soap skateboarding shoes like the whites dudes I went to middle school with.

Anyway, full of tattoos, nightstand probably has packs of menthols and beer cans…

I never liked Adam but I don’t blame him for taking advantage of them dudes. If you gone sit there and allow a person of Adams ilk to take power over you, it goes to show what caliber person you are.

The Adam Specials

I'm confused by the kicks and what they have to do with anything

The Adam Specials

I'm confused by the kicks and what they have to do with anything

Vince staples on JBP is a masterclass

I had a hard time believing Joe never opened for anyone. I'd think he would open for Fab.

Seems like a lot of rappers think they're above doing certain things. Vince is a lot smarter than a lot of these rappers.

And they're on point with the 360. The priority will be the ones we can make more money from.

Didn't sound like he thought he was above it, sounds like he thought it was for big acts only. I don't believe that though.

Joe said he never opened for anyone???? How??

I’d be shocked if Def Jam didn’t have him open for bigger acts early in his career. His album came out and he was on mother****in True Life.

Joe Budden’s debut album is incredibly underrated. There’s a few duds but he definitely tried to hit every demographic. Bars, emotions and girl tracks. I think his album went gold or was just short of it.

Joe was fast tracked once he got the Def Jam deal so it make sense

Got hot on mixtapes then drop Focus and Pump it up ! then album time

He’d be much bigger if his music was like this lol

Vince music always been straight. “Fans” are just fickle and different nowadays. It’s not the artists. For every one Vince Staples, it’s a million Lil Tecca, Yachtys, Pump, etc.

That’s why I laugh when people hype of XXX and JUICSE WRLD. Them dudes made music just as weird as guys like a Vince or Mick Jenkins (I always was a Mick and Vince fan). It’s the people, not Vince.

Vince got plenty bangers from his OFWGKTA/Casey Veggies days

Last edited:
He’d be much bigger if his music was like this lol

Weird thing is, his music is kinda is like this. I feel like “Magic” was being promoted pretty solidly. Remember hearing it during the last NBA season.

Vince also be moving around, and doing him. I think where he at, isn’t bad at all considering the music he makes. I also don’t think he wants to be bigger.

He’s moving at his pace seemingly…and he knows how to maneuver all through the industry. He producing a Netflix show or something too, right?

Vince boring as hell as a rapper. Just like Joe he's better as a media personality.

All I’m saying is, fans not allowing any room for dudes like Vince anyway. Regardless of his musical style, output, etc.

Hip hop is in a completely different state and they’re purposely pushing out dudes like Vince.

Vince ain’t no boring than Larry June or Boldy James

Never said Vince was wack :lol:

Just that he’d be a lot bigger if he put his humor and the topics he constantly pivots to in interviews in his music

This album was good though

All I’m saying is, fans not allowing any room for dudes like Vince anyway. Regardless of his musical style, output, etc.

Hip hop is in a completely different state and they’re purposely pushing out dudes like Vince.

the dynamic you’re referencing (rap game/fans pushing out weirder niche artists) is why I’m asking lol. Seems like he has all the intangibles to be one of the next “guys”

the gangbanging **** + the Tyler OF connection + him actually being on point and funny with his social/cultural commentary…Most rappers problem now is they only have one of those mentioned aspects

he could be a much bigger mainstream guy that could do the Kanye/Kendrick/etc type social commentary stuff + have the LA gangbanging aesthetic for people who need/like that lol + have the artsy kids from his OF days and tyler connection / beat selection is all I meant

but he certainly not in a bad spot at all.

Idk about that. I think Vince knows his fanabase pretty well. And it’s why he can drop, and reach them and do him. Dude is pretty successful.

Vince is about to have his very own show on Netflix. You’ll see him moving in the Lil Dicky, childish gambino-ish direction, soon. Music is a part of what he does. He’s a a full blown personality/creator. And him being charismatic with his background (and knowing how to talk to white people/decipher them) benefits him in places and exposes him to some opportunities that others won’t get/don’t or won’t be comfortable in.

Not every rapper can have a big following or mainstream success regardless of quality or content…We all know by now that kinda success is determined by more than music n behind the scenes stuff that obviously the industry/fans don’t see Vince as that type of artist…They tried to promote him to a larger audience with his last project but it is what it is

2 rappers can make the same music n moves but receive wildly different reactions, it’s always been an interesting thing to see…All about finding your lane and running it up

Back
Top Bottom