The Combat Jack Show Thread

I think Joe is insecure about funds above all else and his go to is to pocket watch and **** on people’s income , homes , cars , etc. example Gillie window , Charlemagne dress, etc.

So I’m sure the modest home , etc bothered him.

Thats true but Joe himself jokes about how he was a broke rapper. Drake didn't say anything that Joe hasn't joked about or what people been saying about him since 2009. :lol:

It's like somebody saying you used to ride the bus 10 years ago but today you driving a Porsche. Like ok...?

I could’ve mentioned Fat Joe, Nas, Jeezy, Jay, etc but I don’t really consider those dudes as part of this era. Only Jeezy really.

Them dudes made plenty classic songs, features or albums well beyond their late 30s and 40s

Thats true but Joe himself jokes about how he was a broke rapper. Drake didn't say anything that Joe hasn't joked about or what people been saying about him since 2009. :lol:

It's like somebody saying you used to ride the bus 10 years ago but today you driving a Porsche. Like ok...?

Those same dudes be pocket watching joe and throwing subliminals on some “big bank take little bank” type of bravado. A dude pocket watch me then we gone line it up and see who really got it then! :lol:

Joe be taking things in stride for real. He’s one of the few entertainers/celebrities who’s comfortable in his skin.

He’s “lost it” and got it right back on SEVERAL occasions. You can’t tell a dude who’s reinvented himself, or has been written off a few times, but somehow managed to bounce back, about constructive criticism. He’s not going to have sympathy because he’s dealt with so many highs and lows over the course of his life and career. He’s not going to empathize with anyone or anything that he thinks they’re being whiny about.

Last edited:
That's all good, the problem is people keep putting him in certain conversations where he shouldn't be. Move him over there. Tik Tok music, 18-26 year old girl music, dudes that call they girlfriend "bro" music.

you can’t control what fans say

some people have drake as the best rapper ever

whoever is at drakes shows is who he’s focusing on and his international base

I remember I was in LA when his ovo store first opened and me and my coworkers happened to be in the area on business and just seeing the people in there was enough for me to vomit

his fanbase values going out every night and the other half on some incel ish living thru drake as the standard of cool

It's just proof Drake is a damn interloper instead of being a part of the culture.

The I have more money response or I have a bigger house than you, is as far from hip hop as you can get. Because it's about the impoverished being the best rappers. Can you rap better than me.

It's kinda weird, He seems to lead on the popular black male media personalities hoping for an interview, Joe, Charla, Elliot etc then he starts some beef with them instead, then runs to a safe space with some unknown white chick. Kinda *****made, time to take the gloves off.

They need to stop coddling him and being nice. He's been getting a pass for a decade.

It's just proof Drake is a damn interloper instead of being a part of the culture.

The I have more money response or I have a bigger house than you, is as far from hip hop as you can get. Because it's about the impoverished being the best rappers. Can you rap better than me.

whaaaaaaat!? this is almost a genre onto itself in hip hop

that has essentially been part of emcee’ing since the inception tho, albeit the aim was to be clever/entertaining/witty with it. boasting definitely ain’t foreign in hip-hop…i get that it’s a bit of an aside/distraction from the art but joe has literally played the same card when folk have criticized him 😂

that has essentially been part of emcee’ing since the inception tho, albeit the aim was to be clever/entertaining/witty with it. boasting definitely ain’t foreign in hip-hop…i get that it’s a bit of an aside/distraction from the art but joe has literally played the same card when folk have criticized him 😂

How old are you?

LL didn't tell Kool Moe Dee or Canibus I have more money than you.

Tupac didn't tell Biggie I have more money than you.

Jay-Z didn't tell Nas I have more money than you.

How long have you been listening to hip hop? You seem to be part of the problem.

How old are you?

How long have you been listening to hip hop? You seem to be part of the problem.

You’re right, using money as a diss isn’t hip hop, saying you f***ed their girl is much more apropos :lol:.

How old are you?

i mean…that’s a fairly myopic way to interpret it, sure it wasn’t limited to just money but money/things has not been apart from the equation…

Dissing and getting off jokes is a part of hip hop, battling. It’s a competition.

Aubrey telling Joe I have more money isn’t a diss, we all know he has more money than Joe and this **** ain’t even a battle. You can’t go the money route or sold more records anymore cause everyone knows.

Y’all really trying to rewrite hip hop with that “saying you have more money isn’t a diss” crap :lol:. Just say you don’t like Drake and move on. Some of us are old enough to remember these disses.

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

Last edited:
Y’all really trying to rewrite hip hop with that “saying you have more money isn’t a diss” crap :lol:. Just say you don’t like Drake and move on. Some of us are old enough to remember these disses.

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

These are songs. Diss songs. Raps. Lyrics.

Drake wrote an essay on instagram in Akademiks comment section.

Then made more posts on instagram about it.

Two completely different things. I see what Magic33 Magic33 is saying. Rap about it.

When Pusha came at yo Neck, he put out press statements and went to Lebron show saying it was too far :lol:

That is not hip hop at all tokes99 tokes99

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

These are the hardest and most quoted parts of the songs.

You’re also comparing diss songs to an album
review on a podcast and you’re comparing four rappers at that time were on each other’s level financially, skill wise and popularity.

You’re right, using money as a diss isn’t hip hop, saying you f***ed their girl is much more apropos :lol:.

Not sure who you dudes are and where you're from but we, as in black people grow up joking, ranking, joning, playing the dozens.

The, I have more money than you has never flown in black culture. If you don't understand that....you're obviously on the Drake side of things and we ain't the same or from the same place.

joe blacked out his profile as if he’s gonna make a diss song

wouldn’t make much sense cause drake said it in a post not a song

joe blacked out his profile as if he’s gonna make a diss song

wouldn’t make much sense cause drake said it in a post not a song

It's probably a black out for tomorrow

Doubt he does a diss song, he already did what, 3 or 4 of them?

He already did a song and addressed it all. Not having an identity, stealing from his own artists and other artists. Being an actor and not tough. Nothing left to say on a song.

This is great for his podcast. I expect them to laugh about it, laugh at him working with Parks and talk about his childish response validating what he said.

These are songs. Diss songs. Raps. Lyrics.

Drake wrote an essay on instagram in Akademiks comment section.

Then made more posts on instagram about it.

Two completely different things. I see what Magic33 Magic33 is saying. Rap about it.

When Pusha came at yo Neck, he put out press statements and went to Lebron show saying it was too far :lol:

That is not hip hop at all tokes99 tokes99

cool, i can fasho grant that drake writing a comment underneath a post is functionally different to handing out bars…but then again the whole situation is functionally different to a ‘rap beef’ or a back & forth on the proverbial wax, joe is essentially a critic in this context…rappers used to beat up critics…is that more hip-hop??

joe buddensss often will jump on either side of the line of artist & business/capitalist when it’s convenient to his argument, that is really neither here nor there in terms of drake’s response, just a funny aside/observation…

i will concede that drake is often throwing stones & then hiding his hands in regards to subliminal shots, and attempting to change the rules of engagement tho

it’s just a bit wild to say the money talk doesn’t fly in hip hop when that is almost it’s own category of rap 🤷🏿‍♂️

Not sure who you dudes are and where you're from but we, as in black people grow up joking, ranking, joning, playing the dozens.

The, I have more money than you has never flown in black culture. If you don't understand that....you're obviously on the Drake side of things and we ain't the same or from the same place.

🤣🤣🤣 yea…ok…y’all got it 😎

…i really find it comical that you’re really trying to parse this aspect of your argument & now moving the goal post…trying to make a distinction that’s really without difference, folks would roast everything from the type of off brand things (think skippies or payless shoes) some folk sported to how/where one lived, and everything in between, which essentially equates to a roundabout way of saying you/your peoples don’t have/spend money…the only hardlines were the dead & mommas (and yo momma jokes still ran 😂) so miss me with this ‘money has never flown’ take, seriously 🤣🤣🤣

cool, i can fasho grant that drake writing a comment underneath a post is functionally different to handing out bars…but then again the whole situation is functionally different to a ‘rap beef’ or a back & forth on the proverbial wax, joe is essentially a critic in this context…rappers used to beat up critics…is that more hip-hop??

joe buddensss often will jump on either side of the line of artist & business/capitalist when it’s convenient to his argument, that is really neither here nor there in terms of drake’s response, just a funny aside/observation…

i will concede that drake is often throwing stones & then hiding his hands in regards to subliminal shots, and attempting to change the rules of engagement tho

it’s just a bit wild to say the money talk doesn’t fly in hip hop when that is almost it’s own category of rap 🤷🏿‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣 yea…ok…y’all got it 😎

…i really find it comical that you’re really trying to parse this aspect of your argument & now moving the goal post…trying to make a distinction that’s really without difference, folks would roast everything from the type of off brand things (think skippies or payless shoes) some folk sported to how/where one lived, and everything in between, which essentially equates to a roundabout way of saying you/your peoples don’t have/spend money…the only hardlines were the dead & mommas (and yo momma jokes still ran 😂) so miss me with this ‘money has never flown’ take, seriously 🤣🤣🤣

You're worse than finessence finessence

yeah I don’t expect him to make a song but I do feel he’s posturing to make it more theatrical

Back
Top Bottom