The Combat Jack Show Thread

I don't think Elliott's issue is age-related, he just lacks stability as a visible media personality. Whether that's from son not being a good businessman, poor luck, lack of appeal, etc. he just keeps ending up in deals that quietly end or block off the content until people forget about it.

Once the interviews with the top tier artists slowed up, most people just stopped seeing him outside of Twitter/Instagram.

__s like Rap Radar Podcast, but I think their last deal had some exclusivity **** going on to the point that people didn't even realize Rap Radar is still a thing and now all those interviews from the last 2 years were just quietly dumped on YouTube over the last few months :lol:

I'm talking about period. The people who interview guest who are older are backed by a radio station or Sirius to get the guest. Elliot is guest dependent. He never set himself up to be opinion based. That's the difference. He's an actual journalist. The majority of people listening to Joe are 35+. Someone young is going to SayCheese or AOD and not Elliot, because they're more relevant for content to them. They aren't going on Angela Yee's Power show, they're going on her sex show. That's why he's angry, he went to school, whereas other people like Ak and SayCheese just started a twitter, YT and IG account.

A 50 year old man looks weird interviewing someone 20, because you know they don't listen to their music. It looks weird interviewing Sexy Red.

Most aren't doing that besides Vlad, and you know he doesn't care about their music. The other middle aged ones are interviewing artist in their age range, because that's their demo.
He should follow what I see other young trained professionals do in like sports or film etc. Get a corporate gig while keep doing your own thing.

Actually I see he's already doing that, not sure what the issue is then.

elliot is pc and sterile, that ish is dry and boring

that’s why he tried a new angle this year but is scared to really do it and is apologizing every step of the way

I hate how hip hop tries to force aging out when Rolling Stones could still have the highest grossing tours annually in their 70s.

That's another argument and not what I'm saying.

The difference is The Rolling Stones appeal to the Rolling Stones fans. They aren't trying to appeal to Taylor Swift fans.

Elliot tries to appeal to everyone, instead of just existing in his lane. Someone younger than 25, what does Elliot mean to them? Nothing. They didn't grow up on XXL.So Elliot could appeal to those in his demo, and being respected, but he doesn't. That's why people comment about him not aging gracefully. He's too busy trying to remain relevant and get his name out there for relevancy. Regardless if it's good or bad. In his head Elliot probably thinks he's competing with Kai Cenet and Ak.

I remember when his goofy *** got a frohawk :smh: :smh:

elliot is pc and sterile, that ish is dry and boring

that’s why he tried a new angle this year but is scared to really do it and is apologizing every step of the way

Issue is that he spent a long time interviewing people and being a lap dog for the top artist.

It looks weird to be beefing with Drake when you've been kissing his *** for 15 years for access.

He never came off as having a true opinion. He was doing his job as a journalist. It didn't help that the Nore's and Gillie's moved into his lane, and a corp would rather back them. Because like you said, Elliot is vanilla and boring. For entertainment factor they're going to attract more listeners than an Oprah type interview in 2024. People want the viral clips and to laugh.

For someone like Jay-Z who doesn't interview or even a Drake, yeah a straight interview with Elliot is fine, but for most of these dudes they're already giving us access with their own social media.

On his new show Elliot kinda grew on me. His laugh is crazy and was always a kiss ***. He was never Sway or Big Boy level to me but his interviews with Hov, Nip, Marci, etc was cool.

1722372683022.gif

Someone is going to crash out on Hassan one day

This Math thing with Champ and Hassan sure did escalate quickly :smh:

Back
Top Bottom