The Combat Jack Show Thread

Nobody is going to see a movie because Tyrese was in it.

Facts, i saw Waist Deep in theaters for The Game.

51+i+ngjcIL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT​
Forgot Megan was in this :lol:

Sidenote: this the movie that Will and Jada was watching that made Will wanna lose weight, seeing Tyrese be that big :lol:

:lol:

Steve Stout be sounding like a outsider a lot of times.

Hip hop didn't really start selling like that until the late 90's outside of Deathrow and Bad Boy.

Tribe, EPMD, De La Soul, LL, OutKast, BIG, Busta, Mobb Deep, all were lyrical. Even their commercial stuff.

He’s getting party rap/club rap confused

The issue nowadays is there’s an IMBALANCE. By 96, Nas was the MAN. Two years post illmatic. “If I ruled the world” has been getting radio play since 96.

Nelly sold TONS of records, mostly party raps. That doesn’t mean the lyrical cats ain’t do work.

Common, and The Roots still sold records.

The problem nowadays is no balance

Saying people never liked lyrics is a slap in the face for all our genres. R&B, Blues, etc.

We always had songs with lyrics that makes sense. Again, you always will have a one hit wonder or that party song that casual fans play forever

Steve Stout be sounding like a outsider a lot of times.

Hip hop didn't really start selling like that until the late 90's outside of Deathrow and Bad Boy.

Culture vulture talk

These chick rappers are selling 15 and 20,000 the first week

and hip hop was selling before Deathrow and Bad Boy, they just couldn't adequately count how much it was selling because Soundscan was in the chains and bigger stores. What did they do, got rid of the mom and pops by driving them out of business. Before in the 70's and 80's you were probably going to your local record store owned and operated by black people. Who you had a relationship with, who could tell you what was coming out and what was good. Who might sell it to you early.

Run DMC and the Beasties were going platinum, because they had larger white audiences who bought music from the chains.

Tribe, EPMD, De La Soul, LL, OutKast, BIG, Busta, Mobb Deep, all were lyrical. Even their commercial stuff.

He’s getting party rap/club rap confused

The issue nowadays is there’s an IMBALANCE. By 96, Nas was the MAN. Two years post illmatic. “If I ruled the world” has been getting radio play since 96.

Nelly sold TONS of records, mostly party raps. That doesn’t mean the lyrical cats ain’t do work.

Common, and The Roots still sold records.

The problem nowadays is no balance

Saying people never liked lyrics is a slap in the face for all our genres. R&B, Blues, etc.

We always had songs with lyrics that makes sense. Again, you always will have a one hit wonder or that party song that casual fans play forever

We know who told Nas Oochie Wally was dope

Wasn't a lot of NY rappers getting their music bootlegged too?

Illmatic sold more (60k) first week than Ready To Die (57k) but Ready To Die was 4x platinum by 98. Bad Boy took over the radio by 95-98 so people went back and bought that album. I don't think back then people was saying those albums flopped cuz it wasn't a bar that said "hip hop should be selling this". Snoop was like the first and only rapper for a while to have a crazy 1st week sell.

Wu Tang Forever sold like 4 mil w/o any radio friendly records. Once hip hop really became a established genre and dudes knew how to market themselves then rappers started selling. Reasonable Doubt didn't sell cuz it was his first album on a Independent label. They didn't know how to market then.

I'm shocked Flip isn't the one who tried that, because he doesn't know about music. He's probably jealous of that and will bring it up hating.

and the Mandii and M4 thing :smh: Mandii is the insecure fat unattractive chick hating on the more attractive chick getting all the attention. She's the back up QB hoping to be put in the game. She acts like the pod mother. If you have a podcast it seems like you would be more sensitive to the feelings of others doing it. Not criticize from the sidelines. I wonder how she would take it if someone listened to her podcast and just criticized it every week. Weird behavior, especially when she has relationships with Joe, Ish and Flip. I don't get people feeling the need to type everything they think. And it seems like she continues to criticize M4 or the mics for it to try and gain traction and to cause division.

I'm shocked Flip isn't the one who tried that, because he doesn't know about music. He's probably jealous of that and will bring it up hating.

and the Mandii and M4 thing :smh: Mandii is the insecure fat unattractive chick hating on the more attractive chick getting all the attention. She's the back up QB hoping to be put in the game. She acts like the pod mother. If you have a podcast it seems like you would be more sensitive to the feelings of others doing it. Not criticize from the sidelines. I wonder how she would take it if someone listened to her podcast and just criticized it every week. Weird behavior, especially when she has relationships with Joe, Ish and Flip. I don't get people feeling the need to type everything they think. And it seems like she continues to criticize M4 or the mics for it to try and gain traction and to cause division.
M4 is the worst when podding, she is much better at just interviewing a guest. When they do the regular pod, she will always go off topic with talking just to talk when ever she is asked a question. She will never give a direct answer even for a simple question. And when its any female topic, she gets super defensive even when the person in question is so obliviously wrong. Just like the domestic abuse topic, she couldn't say shorty was wrong with a BUT

It's clear she's jealous and wants to be the one there.

The only time I see her mentioned (other than the breakup of her pod) is when she is speaking negatively on Joe or the JBP.

I still remember when Joe added Mel and Flip and she was the first one criticizing talking about nobody want to hear 8 voices on the mic or some ****

It's clear she's jealous and wants to be the one there.
Damn even Bridget don’t be that salty.

Nah that’s cuz he fat and out of shape.

Being the youngest looking and moving the oldest is crazy tho.

and Flip is the first one to call someone old :smh:
That’s when ya mentality ain’t matching your appearance.

He is definitely young among that group so he be on that corny you an old ***** **** but son ain’t got no self maintenance going on so he looking wild sloppy and ruff :lol:

Last edited:
Nah that’s cuz he fat and out of shape.

Being the youngest looking and moving the oldest is crazy tho.

That’s when ya mentality ain’t matching your appearance.

He is definitely young among that group so he be on that corny you an old ***** **** but son ain’t got no self maintenance going on so he looking wild sloppy and ruff :lol:

Flip's age is mid 30's, looks 50 and body is 60

Back
Top Bottom