The Combat Jack Show Thread

This is hilarious listening to Ice and Ish defend Drake becoming a mob boss in his mid 30's.

I don't get it, but I sort of understand with what Ish was trying to say.

Issue I have is that Aubrey didn't grow up in that type of environment. Even the ones who did, once they reach a level of success. You don't see Wiz being some sort of tough guy. He's just himself. Even taking jujitsu. The type of energy you project it what you receive. Aubrey just isn't comfortable in his own skin. It shows with everything he does.

I don't get it, but I sort of understand with what Ish was trying to say.

Issue I have is that Aubrey didn't grow up in that type of environment. Even the ones who did, once they reach a level of success. You don't see Wiz being some sort of tough guy. He's just himself. Even taking jujitsu. The type of energy you project it what you receive. Aubrey just isn't comfortable in his own skin. It shows with everything he does.

Even Lil Wayne’s true nature came about eventually. Basically hood nerd/scholar who’s into skateboarding and whatnot.

Being a full-time gangsta/thug is exhausting. It’s not time tested

Even Lil Wayne’s true nature came about eventually. Basically hood nerd/scholar who’s into skateboarding and whatnot.

Being a full-time gangsta/thug is exhausting. It’s not time tested

I would be a Chance or Big Sean type of rapper.

Look at J Cole, he doesn't have to worry about gangstas running up on him or going to his shows. He walks around dolo often with no security in New York. Kendrick too.

These dudes emit negative energy, and that's exactly what they receive back. People respect you being yourself. You can't just dabble in the streets when you want. That's why he's getting security shot at his front door. Nothing is wrong with being square.

He cosplays with everything, because it's who he feels he has to be to be accepted.

I would be a Chance or Big Sean type of rapper.

Look at J Cole, he doesn't have to worry about gangstas running up on him or going to his shows. He walks around dolo often with no security in New York. Kendrick too.

These dudes emit negative energy, and that's exactly what they receive back. People respect you being yourself. You can't just dabble in the streets when you want. That's why he's getting security shot at his front door. Nothing is wrong with being square.

He cosplays with everything, because it's who he feels he has to be to be accepted.

It’s funny that his dad is from Memphis and you RARELY if ever see him talk about the Memphis gangstas or fraternizing with them.

Only Canada and Houston mainly… that’s a red flag to me. Your pops literally grew up in Memphis, you have extended family in Memphis via your father. That’s odd to me

(If I’m wrong, someone correct me). But why isn’t he tapped into Memphis more. It’s literally his dads side of the bloodline

Even real street rappers/hustlers as they get older they mature and move further away from that (Jeezy, Hov, Tip, Gucci) but this dude got money and status then years later started rapping about street **** and bought a bunch of rent-a-goons. I don't get it.

It’s funny that his dad is from Memphis and you RARELY if ever see him talk about the Memphis gangstas or fraternizing with them.

Only Canada and Houston mainly… that’s a red flag to me. Your pops literally grew up in Memphis, you have extended family in Memphis via your father. That’s odd to me

(If I’m wrong, someone correct me). But why isn’t he tapped into Memphis more. It’s literally his dads side of the bloodline
Hard to pull off the different personas and the fake though guy act with ppl that really know you..His fam and folks in Memphis that knew him growing up ain’t playing along with it, they know the real Aubrey :lol:

Easier to be a mob boss outta nowhere in a new city like Houston or being the biggest name so nobody can say **** to him like Toronto…Neither of these things apply to Drake in Mempis, plus that city is a different level of grimey compared to where he runs around being the big bad guy anyway :lol:

Even real street rappers/hustlers as they get older they mature and move further away from that (Jeezy, Hov, Tip, Gucci) but this dude got money and status then years later started rapping about street **** and bought a bunch of rent-a-goons. I don't get it.
Styles P is a prime example. I bet he’ll still stab someone in the ***, but all those real experiences put **** in perspective. Man is a zen master now. :lol:

Regardless of your background, as u get older you want peace. ***** too old to be cosplaying the tough guy.

Dudes be to obsessed with the US Mafia. All them crime family bosses and affiliates who were in their 60s, 70s, etc out there still green lighting hits and still extorting people, doing prison terms in their senior years.

Nicky Scarfo got a life sentence at 60, Whitey Bulger was wilding wellllll into his 70s and got murked in prison

Carmine Serpico got a life sentence at 54 and died in the pen. Gotti too.

Imagine being a grandpa and getting indicted for a major crime and facing life :lol: :lol:

just as an observation, seemingly drake is/has been one of the most ‘outside’ & thus theoretically accessible artists at least comparatively to his similarly accomplished peers…as such security is a necessity, i wonder if such a persona/subject matter can come as a response from being perceived as soft & maybe seen as target

Hard to pull off the different personas and the fake though guy act with ppl that really know you..His fam and folks in Memphis that knew him growing up ain’t playing along with it, they know the real Aubrey :lol:

Easier to be a mob boss outta nowhere in a new city like Houston or being the biggest name so nobody can say **** to him like Toronto…Neither of these things apply to Drake in Mempis, plus that city is a different level of grimey compared to where he runs around being the big bad guy anyway :lol:

Weird thing is he never even tried to cozy up to the Memphis rappers and their affiliates like he does everyone else, Dolph. Gotti, EST, 42, Moneybag. Key Glock...

Maybe behind the scenes

just as an observation, seemingly drake is/has been one of the most ‘outside’ & thus theoretically accessible artists at least comparatively to his similarly accomplished peers…as such security is a necessity, i wonder if such a persona/subject matter can come as a response from being perceived as soft & maybe seen as target

Nah

I'm convinced drake getting pee'd on and slapped was his villain origin story. In a way I get it because at that point you either gotta stay inside or you gotta hire goons. The princes putting a battery in his back didn't help, he just got lost in the sauce. I don't think he was socially or culturally aware enough to realize how all the faking was being perceived.

This clip is crazy. Shawty has some regrets clearly but she is so long winded that it was bout to take her 10 whole minutes to get it all out.

bird-king-shark.gif

I'm convinced drake getting pee'd on and slapped was his villain origin story. In a way I get it because at that point you either gotta stay inside or you gotta hire goons. The princes putting a battery in his back didn't help, he just got lost in the sauce. I don't think he was socially or culturally aware enough to realize how all the faking was being perceived.

You think her wore those clothes again that he wore while getting peed on? Son got violated:lol: :rofl:

I don’t know why Mel so mad that she got ran through. People need to embrace who they are.

We live in a more open, and accepting world nowadays

Adults still embarrassed that they had sex? It’s ridiculous

I Agree.

One of the realer song he’s made, came out last year. And this like the only joint I rock with. Cuz it’s honest:

To keep it real, I wasn't really gangster 'til now
I was livin' on a cloud, I was quiet as a mouse
I was in the club gettin' lost in the crowd
Wasn't doin' what I wanted to, I do what was allowed

*****s was low key bullying him. Then he realized what $$$, and some connections can do. Plus a battery in his back. And it’s been a wrap since.

Back
Top Bottom