The Combat Jack Show Thread

Worse part of it Houston didnt fully embrace travis til rodeo. He embodies a small part of Houston millenials that want to be kanye so bad. But yeah he a fraud that makes good music.

I can never be mad at Travis cause countless people stole from Houston

and I say stole because it was done all while never putting any Houston artists on the songs

Travis reversed the game, repackaged it and put it back out as his and won

salute

I know people who went to school with em and none of em have anything bad to say about him

Last edited:
If you hate Travis Scott because of his perceived lack of talent or copying of others...then you hate Drake and Kanye too. Because all three of them are the same thing. Curators. Dr. Dre being another one.

They may not write 100% of their material, produce 100% of their music, or come up with completely original concepts...but they all have vision and the know how to assemble talent to put it together. Like conductors. 

Houston didnt develop a solid sound intil mid 90s. Early Houston rap sounded alot similar to california music. Even early Houston legend albums in the late 90s sounded just like pac. In 04/05 Houston milked itself for everything it had (slim thug,mike jones, chamillionair, flip, paul wall)

Master P is 50 years old. How many people are supposed to be checking for him?

This is like saying "How many people are checking for Ice Cube". 

And that's the problem with hip-hop in general. Fans treat the music like disposable art. Nobody would dare say that about the greatful dead.

not that i disagree in principle, but part of why this has been the case is that hip-hop, for better AND worse, has continued to evolve, grow, maintain influence and maybe most importantly be accessible (again for better AND worse)...i think part of the reason (and i would admit i'm super well versed in music history) most folk in other genres of music, maybe especially rock, is that they haven't been able to do those things; hip-hop/rap has/is eating the world...

Anyone still listen to Premium Pete's show?

His latest episode has ol boy from A Bronx Tale that went to jail. I went to download the D&M episode to listen again and I saw it on his twitter.

I'm listening to Tax & Bodega boys right now cuz y'all reminded me of it.

Probably gonna check out Pete's episode with Colojono since a Bronx Tale is one of my classic movies.

Downloaded the Tax/Bodega Boys & Tax/Bes episodes to listen to on a flight to Vegas. Hopefully me cracking up doesn't cause the other passengers to look at me weird. :lol:

I did like the Lillo episode. And I remember when he was involved in the death of the off duty cop. I was kind of surprised he didn't serve more time for that. His real life is the very definition of the "Wasted Talent" theme from A Bronx Tale.

I remember thinking about that phrase when reading up on his cases. Last time I saw him doing any sort of acting was on the Sopranos. Damn shame. :smh:

LIstened to Tax and Bes yesterday again.
Listened to Tax and Bodega boys again today

Just perfect man. Perfect. The right mix of chemistry, jokes, authenticity, nostalgia and just good vibes.

It was dope how Desus and Mero could kinda unbuttoned and allowed themselves to be semi problematic on Tax. Them dudes came a long way in two years.

Also, Mero had a random story about Albanians in the BX.....and mentioned how he ran into Big body Bes Back in the day.....and Bes was an OD Albanian goon :lol:. Crazy how Bes was on Tax a few months later.

Those two podcasts are must listens

I did like the Lillo episode. And I remember when he was involved in the death of the off duty cop. I was kind of surprised he didn't serve more time for that. His real life is the very definition of the "Wasted Talent" theme from A Bronx Tale.

Pete has been trying to get that for a minute. I've been meaning to listen to it. I think he canceled on Pete before or something and Pete had one of his old moments and was upset.

Pete has been trying to get that for a minute. I've been meaning to listen to it. I think he canceled on Pete before or something and Pete had one of his old moments and was upset.

I remember that too

That's one of my favorite movies so I'm gonna set some time aside to listen to this one.

LIstened to Tax and Bes yesterday again.
Listened to Tax and Bodega boys again today

Just perfect man. Perfect. The right mix of chemistry, jokes, authenticity, nostalgia and just good vibes.

It was dope how Desus and Mero could kinda unbuttoned and allowed themselves to be semi problematic on Tax. Them dudes came a long way in two years.

Also, Mero had a random story about Albanians in the BX.....and mentioned how he ran into Big body Bes Back in the day.....and Bes was an OD Albanian goon :lol:. Crazy how Bes was on Tax a few months later.

Those two podcasts are must listens

peeped that, Hilarious. I know Bes was wildin, but no direct stories like this sans the house raid he mentioned on Tax.

Back
Top Bottom