The Combat Jack Show Thread

^This is exactly what I was getting at, 100%

Seem like after Richard, Eddie and C. Rock they tried to put Chris Tucker up there but he decided that **** wasn’t for him. I don’t think he was that crazy about acting anyway but once they gave him that Rush Hour bag he had basically found his finesse and was straight. Turned down movies left and right for years. Weinstein and Tarantino was supposed to produce and direct his comedy special, this _ told 2 of the most revered dudes in Hollywood that he needed 90% of the profits and they could split up the remaining 10% with no damns given whatsoever :rofl:

I think Dave was kinda next up on the heels of that but then he decided that **** wasn’t fit for him either. Seem like they both just kinda dropped out the race and went back to stand up, which is usually the real fun and passion for the these dudes

All I know is is that Mike Epps doesnt have a standup worth talking about. Kevin has 2. He may have fell off but Mike Epps isnt really all that funny. Dude just had that funny voice that make him sound a lil slow. He just goofy to me but without any of the funny. He's more built for this instagram style of comedy. The short clip ****.

Last edited:
Comedians run in extremely tight knit circles in LA. It's like a fraternity...yet they're all scratching and clawing for the same opportunities. They've all seen each other's highs and lows. There's always going to be drama and whoever the "top dog" is will always be the subject of ire from some of the other comedians. Just like str8drop str8drop said, it's the same for female rappers.

The sad and scary thing is...it's the Hollywood "machine" that has set up this "messiah" like complex where they anoint 1 guy, and there's alot of politics that go in to that. So there's an element of guys thinking they're better and are just offering honest critique...but it's more jealousy that the machine didn't put them in that spot. The ones that are content with what they have and don't want to be in that spot because of all that comes with it...probably aren't thinking about Kevin Hart.

I'd love to see a Kevin Hart roast where all these dudes are in a room with him and he has the chance to hit back with jokes. All this crying about "ya'll jealous" of me is weak..even if it's true. But...I'm not sure if he has THIS in him:

Nah Kevin has it in him. He killed Jamie Foxx when they was tryna roast him on his radio show

Weinstein and Tarantino was supposed to produce and direct his comedy special, this _ told 2 of the most revered dudes in Hollywood that he needed 90% of the profits and they could split up the remaining 10% with no damns given whatsoever :rofl:

I did not know this :lol:

I did not know this :lol:

www.indiewire.com/2012/06/the-offer-chris-tucker-rejected-from-harvey-weinstein-quentin-tarantino-not-django-144499/

Harvey reveals (something he said he'd never spoken of before) that at one time in the past, when Chris Tucker was a hot commodity (hotter than he is now anyway), he (Harvey) approached Chris with an offer to produce a stand-up comedy movie special that would have been produced by Harvey Weinstein and, even more curiously, directed by Quentin Tarantino.

Obviously, that never happened; Why? Well, Chris got a bit greedy! The original proposal Harvey made was that they'd split the profits 50/50 (Chris would get 50% all to himself, while Harvey and Tarantino would split the other 50 – or 25% each). But Chris apparently didn't like that offer, and came back to Harvey saying he wanted 90% of the profits, which meant Harvey and Tarantino would split just 10% (or 5% each).

This is prolly the moment where they realized they done anointed the wrong _ :lol: :smh: a _ that knew his worth and didn’t care about any of the Hollywood **** lol

Rush Hour made him the highest paid actor in Hollywood so I guess he figured as long as he didn’t blow everything he could be good for life off that ****. He didn’t seem pressed to do much of anything else outside of the stand up gigs he legitimately enjoyed doing

if yall don't see
how they had these folks next up
and they didnt want it
chris
eddie griffen
and few others
idk man
man **** it i aint even gonna try to justify
i just dont like kevin hart
im all for a black man getting a bag
but i hate that lil ************

if yall don't see
how they had these folks next up
and they didnt want it
chris
eddie griffen
and few others
idk man
man **** it i aint even gonna try to justify
i just dont like kevin hart
im all for a black man getting a bag
but i hate that lil ************
Eddie Griffin is underrated. His Voodoo Child stand-up is fire. I recently watched Jamie Foxx's Unleashed stand-up, that **** is fire beginning to end.

Eddie Griffin high key an alcoholic. I went to a show in Vegas and bruh delivered a 4 hour set. Bruh had like 20-25 glasses of his little conconction. While it was the funniest show I've ever been too, he looked bad. After a while, it was a struggle to see him like that

Eddie Griffin high key an alcoholic. I went to a show in Vegas and bruh delivered a 4 hour set. Bruh had like 20-25 glasses of his little conconction. While it was the funniest show I've ever been too, he looked bad. After a while, it was a struggle to see him like that
What I like about Eddie sets
Is he be funny
but be giving u game
And a history lesson
All at the same time

4 hrs? Wtf i wouldnt Want to even laugh that long lol

I used to think Eddie Griffin was funny then he disappeared.

I always assume a lot of these comedians have drug problems from having to be on all the time

Looks like they're going to talk about Charlamagne today. They must have caught a lot of flack.

This is true. But comedy is so fundamentally subjective that comedians bickering about who is/isn’t funny, or what does/doesn’t constitute as funny... is just corny. :lol:

Epps has fans, Kev has fans. Mike looks corny for repeatedly saying Kev’s not funny (as that’s the energy he could put toward to bettering his craft and furthering his career), and Kevin looks corny for continuously focusing on the people who don’t rock with him (since that’s energy that could be spent focusing on the fans who appreciates his work).

while i definitely agree that comedy is very subjective and thus the back & forth is kinda pointless, however i do think because the different comedy communities (black comedy, alternative, etc.) are so insular, comics do have standards by which they critique/judge other comics both in their particular niches and those outside of it(like one of the consistent criticisms of hart is that he has writers for his standup specials, on top of the fact he leveraged social media well to do the movie thing)

^This is exactly what I was getting at, 100%

Seem like after Richard, Eddie and C. Rock they tried to put Chris Tucker up there but he decided that **** wasn’t for him. I don’t think he was that crazy about acting anyway but once they gave him that Rush Hour bag he had basically found his finesse and was straight. Turned down movies left and right for years. Weinstein and Tarantino was supposed to produce and direct his comedy special, this _ told 2 of the most revered dudes in Hollywood that he needed 90% of the profits and they could split up the remaining 10% with no damns given whatsoever :rofl:

I think Dave was kinda next up on the heels of that but then he decided that **** wasn’t fit for him either. Seem like they both just kinda dropped out the race and went back to stand up, which is usually the real fun and passion for the these dudes

we might be saying the same thing essentially but honestly i think tucker was getting so much bread at that time he prolly felt that 90% was necessary for it to be worth his time...moreso than him eschewing that spotlight, i don’t recall him doing much standup until the movie thing kinda dropped off and then getting prepared for he that relatively recent netflix special...

i don’t think there are too many parallels with tucker’s situation & dave’s tho...both kinda picked their path, but their motivations seemed to be different

Nah Kevin has it in him. He killed Jamie Foxx when they was tryna roast him on his radio show

are you thinking about the foxxxhole show? because that definitely was hilarious, all the regulars on that show were roastin’ kev...he shot back but you could tell he was legit irritated by it; i don’t think he’d really want them type problems today...maybe waaaay later on, but he seems too sensitive right now for anything like that...

we might be saying the same thing essentially but honestly i think tucker was getting so much bread at that time he prolly felt that 90% was necessary for it to be worth his time...moreso than him eschewing that spotlight, i don’t recall him doing much standup until the movie thing kinda dropped off and then getting prepared for he that relatively recent netflix special...

i don’t think there are too many parallels with tucker’s situation & dave’s tho...both kinda picked their path, but their motivations seemed to be different

That’s the thing, movies didn’t drop off for him. He literally just backed out of every single non-Rush Hour film he signed on for. Knight and Day, Black Knight, Any Given Sunday, Tower Heist, etc. It’s a long list. There’s even more films that never got made because the production fell apart after he backed out.

Only reason he was in Silver Linings Playbook is because he reached out to production himself asking to be considered after getting a hold of the script.

I wasn’t saying he was eschewing the spotlight (if he was he wouldn’t have continued to do Rush Hour) he just didnt seem passionate about being that type of movie star and doing all these comedy roles just to do them and get paid. 99% of actors are gonna grind out films after they get that big break. He did the complete opposite, backing out of everything non Rush Hour for the next 15 years. He said it was in large part just due to him deciding these roles/scripts were trash. Being that type of actor you’re gonna do some **** that you know isn’t 10/10, it’s just a part of it. Seem like he didn’t wanna participate in that tho.

I wasn’t saying they had the same motivations, Dave’s situation is well documented.

Back
Top Bottom