The Combat Jack Show Thread

I was like 12-13, saying I’m a rough ride your *** was always crazy back then and I was a Cash Money and Ruff Ryders stan. I begged my mom to take me to that concert, SMH. I wish they put that **** on DVD, like they did with the Up in Smoke tour

The one thing I remember about tour was Eve being interviewed on MTV talking about Cash Money was having girls on stage doing all kinds ****. :lol: She was disgusted.

Last edited:
Nick Cannon is a smart dumb *****
This. Kinda guy who's searching for knowledge, but won't truly let it in because he either only looks into stuff to confirm his pov/bias, or picks what he wants from what he's researching to further his knowledge. That vid is like the convo we have ad nauseum in the black culture thread.

The one thing I remember about tour was Eve being interviewed on MTV talking about Cash Money was having girls on stage doing all kinds ****. :lol: She was disgusted.

That's a lot of people's mama's or bosses right now. Eve got on that pedestal as soon as she got famous. Can't knock her growth though.

It was cool having Reason up there

This is my favorite song on his project, pretty crazy this is from 2016. I didn't try to search for the credits and producers. I can see what TDE saw in him. But TDE is that label now, where people will listen based on association. I think Drake stans are like that and Dreamville is like that for Cole fans. So yeah, you came out with Wayne, but people are going to listen based on association and you're the new act. Streaming allows them to always be within a phones reach.

I like Parks honest critique

The disrespect of continuously calling him Logic. :lol:

Unleash the flutes got me ******* crying :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I still say Blueprint 2 is the best record that came out of that whole exchange.

That discussion they was having about which era is easier to make it in is good. It's no way Cardi B woulda popped off in 98. Not with the females that was out back then. And alot of these dudes wouldn't have the runs they have now.

Clown show, parody rap wasn't a thing back then. It was people that would have a hit but they had a small shelf life.

Blueprint 2 sampled a classic beat and that hook was terrible. Last Real N Alive is basically on the same level as that song.

Cardi B wouldn't be making music in 98 cause you had to actually rap, flow and get on beat. Cardi B is a TERRIBLE rapper, she's awful at the technique.

Reason was on the podcast? Hahahahah, yeah. That sounds like it's all label **** and Spotify getting a check. That **** ain't just cause. Go from four guests over two years to four guests since your new deal. Reason is random as **** too.

Blueprint 2 sampled a classic beat and that hook was terrible. Last Real N Alive is basically on the same level as that song.

Cardi B wouldn't be making music in 98 cause you had to actually rap, flow and get on beat. Cardi B is a TERRIBLE rapper, she's awful at the technique.

Reason was on the podcast? Hahahahah, yeah. That sounds like it's all label **** and Spotify getting a check. That **** ain't just cause. Go from four guests over two years to four guests since your new deal. Reason is random as **** too.
agree with everything u said

Cardi B woulda been like when Gloria Velez was tryna rap but worse.

Last Real N Alive cold a ****. The last line still gives me goosebumps.

Has anyone listened to the Swizz or Freddie Gibbs Drink Champs? I got out of the habit of listening so I moved on to my basketball pods.

Rory knows Reason and that's why he came up there.

I think it helps having guest during slow news weeks. Because there was nothing really to talk about otherwise.

Last Real N Alive is basically on the same level as that song.

and no

This _ Joe got 30 holes in his jeans. **** look like some lingerie.

And he trippin about Smile Again. That's Ricky Bell at his best.

Cardi shouldn't even be making it in rap circles at all. It's truly a disgrace to the genre of hip-hop. Her delivery is so bad and forced. Would have been clowned in the 90's along with Iggy.

Didn't think labels would still be around now, but they have tapped into a new market with social media being the catalyst.

Cardi shouldn't even be making it in rap circles at all. It's truly a disgrace to the genre of hip-hop. Her delivery is so bad and forced. Would have been clowned in the 90's along with Iggy.

Didn't think labels would still be around now, but they have tapped into a new market with social media being the catalyst.
i blame the south
for lowering the bar

Back
Top Bottom