The Combat Jack Show Thread

Joes take on Cole is weird, over the years the one thing Budden has ever really given Cole props for, is his ability to be low and still be a star. Now it sounds like wants him to be in the mix and carry himself like the star that he is :lol:

He got it right when he said Cole should work with outside producers, they brought up KRIT and I remember when KRIT was on ES and he said Cole told him he should work with other producers to expand his sound. KRIT did, and made ome of his best projects to date last year, seems like Cole should take his own advice.

Griselda on Rap Radar just dropped too.

Cole beats are snoozefests. I stopped listening to him after Sideline Story. However, his formula works. People forget, Cole and Drake were very similar in 2009, 2010. Drake continued down that same path and expanded it and Cole started moving in a more conscious direction. It was a smart move on his part. His music is like an audio Sleeper Hold for me personally but it works. These woke *****es and White kids with White Guilt eat that **** up.

n****s be taking questions and not answering them

it’s the weirdest sh*t

rory was a little long winded too, crowd wasn’t tryna hear none of his nonsense for the most part

these live crowds seem like they waiting for some jerry springer type of entertainment

It blows my mind that Joe after all this wild independent **** he be on, is honestly questioning if Lyor Cohen is a culture vulture

It blows my mind that Joe after all this wild independent **** he be on, is honestly questioning if Lyor Cohen is a culture vulture

Joe don't want him to be a culture vulture so he need a neon sign with air horn type signs

We've already had this discussion.

Dude has been in hip hop for 30+ years when he and hip hop wasn't making money. I wouldn't call him a culture vulture either.

The ***** has had several rappers say that's he's attempted to rob them, he only passes knowledge/opportunities to his own people, he only stays around artist that he can sell, he has continuously tried to find new ways to keep power out of the artist hands, and he has promoted division amongst rappers for years...... how is he not a vulture

Also Lyor literally said verbatim that he was going into corporate america out of college, was rock & roll party promotions. Until one night he saw Run DMC on stage and realized just how much the crowd reacted to them. From there he asked to manage them because he knew it would bring him more money.

He has from day one looked as hiphop/rappers as a way too increase his cash flow.

Was decently enjoying the live show till Joe kept repeating "I can't believe you guys don't care about this stuff" 10 times in like 30 secs. Might run it back but need a break

The ***** has had several rappers say that's he's attempted to rob them, he only passes knowledge/opportunities to his own people, he only stays around artist that he can sell, he has continuously tried to find new ways to keep power out of the artist hands, and he has promoted division amongst rappers for years...... how is he not a vulture

Also Lyor literally said verbatim that he was going into corporate america out of college, was rock & roll party promotions. Until one night he saw Run DMC on stage and realized just how much the crowd reacted to them. From there he asked to manage them because he knew it would bring him more money.

He has from day one looked as hiphop/rappers as a way too increase his cash flow.

and in 1980's everyone thought rap was still a fad and not going to last. There was no culture to rob. He could have stayed in rock, there was more money in it.

Jim Jones has said the same about Dame. Beans also. So is he a vulture?

Baby has robbed everyone, who is calling him a culture vulture?

We've already had this discussion.

Dude has been in hip hop for 30+ years when he and hip hop wasn't making money. I wouldn't call him a culture vulture either.
His drink champs I believe it was episode
He talked about his first “promoting job” in hip hop he made a bunch of money
But I don’t think lyor a culture vulture
I do think he takes advantage of ignorant artists monetarily though

His drink champs I believe it was episode
He talked about his first “promoting job” in hip hop he made a bunch of money
But I don’t think lyor a culture vulture
I do think he takes advantage of ignorant artists monetarily though

of course, but he was promoting something that nobody thought would last.

Nobody knew Run DMC were going to be big, because they were the first to do everything, from going gold, to having major tours.

I don't think a person within the culture with culture vulture tendacies are considered "culture vultures". There's not yet a term available I'd wager

I just find it odd, that they throw the term specifically at other races.

It's black older dudes in the industry who don't really mess with hip hop like La Reid who do the same things. R&B wasn't popping and profitable anymore, so what did he go to? But I don't expect a 60+ year old guy black or white to mess with hip hop like that. So he's going to look at it as a job.

I just find it odd, that they throw the term specifically at other races.

It's black older dudes in the industry who don't really mess with hip hop like La Reid who do the same things. R&B wasn't popping and profitable anymore, so what did he go to? But I don't expect a 60+ year old guy black or white to mess with hip hop like that. So he's going to look at it as a job.

It's "easier" to place blame for the detriment of the culture from somebody who doesn't look like yourself. There isn't a coined termed for inside the culture.....vultures

Back
Top Bottom