The Combat Jack Show Thread

RIP to Cassidy :rofl:

The battle rap thing was interesting, but none of them are paying for a streaming service. They don't want to pay for Netflix and Spotify. They have a niche fanbase in the hip hop community. I don't find pre-written verses about someone all that entertaining.

Joe admitting he forgot his third round :lol:

THEY CALL ME THIS MISOGYNIST.
But they don’t call me the dude
Who takes his dollas
And give gifts to the projects
These dudes is all politics
Depositing checks
They put in they pocket
All u get in return
Is a lotta lip
And y’all buy the ****
Caught up in the hype
Cause a ***** wear a kufi
It don’t mean that he bright

I had to go back and look at the tracklist, BP2 should have been a 12 track album.

A Dream FIRE
Hovi Baby song is cool but I preferred Joe Budden's version
Watcher 2 SUPER GARBAGE
Bonnie & Clyde SUPER GARBAGE
Excuse Me Miss SMOOTH
What they Gonna Do FORGETTABLE
All Around the World FORGETTABLE
Poppin Tags SMOOTH
F All Nite SUPER GARBAGE
The Bounce COOL
I Did It My Way FIRE
Diamonds FIRE
Guns & Roses NO THANKS
U Don't Know NO THANKS
Meet the Parents FIRE
Some How Some Way FIRE
Some People Hate FORGETTABLE
Blueprint 2 FIRE but damn he sound scorned as **** on this song. Oh behave
N Please FIRE
2 Many **** SUPER GARBAGE
As One SUPER GARBAGE
Show You How FIRE
*****es and Sisters NO THANKS
What They Gonna Do 2 NO THANKS

Now I look at it, Jay was in a real bad place after Blueprint. Wow, he had six duds in a row. I know a lot of people love Black Album so he went 1/6 but I don't **** with that album.

Best of Both World
BP2
Black Album
Unfinished Business
Collision Course
Kingdom Come

Last edited:
I

Now I look at it, Jay was in a real bad place after Blueprint. Wow, he had six duds in a row. I know a lot of people love Black Album so he went 1/6 but I don't **** with that album.

Best of Both World
BP2
Black Album
Unfinished Business
Collision Course
Kingdom Come

giphy.gif

Yeah I knew y'all would kill me for those but I don't care.

U Don't Know and PSA go in that category with DMX's Party Up, don't ever want to hear those songs again in my life

Everyone loves Black Album but I don't, didn't like it then and I didn't like it the last time I played it. I would play Kingdom Come before I play Black Album.

Yeah I knew y'all would kill me for those but I don't care.

U Don't Know and PSA go in that category with DMX's Party Up, don't ever want to hear those songs again in my life

Everyone loves Black Album but I don't, didn't like it then and I didn't like it the last time I played it. I would play Kingdom Come before I play Black Album.
I just yelled out 'WHAT?' at my desk when I read this. That's wild.

I hated and still don't like Party Up too, but PSA and U Don't Know in that same category?!

It's too early, man.

I will say, I do think The Black Album is a tad overrated, though.

U Don't Know is hard. I tend to believe those who don't like the Black Album is because of the more hit based approach he took with it . Still a classic to me.

Last edited:
But it's funny, y'all killing me for that album but glossing over he still put out 5 bad projects out of 6.

I liked every Jay album up until Blueprint 2. He was like 6/6 or some **** until then.

I don't disagree, but you're listing two R. Kelly collabs and a Linkin Park collab which was basically a blend album.

I don't really count those or Dynasty in his discography.

He definitely had a period where he was trying adjust to around Kingdom Come. That's an album I can't defend.:lol::sick:

I don't get how people don't count Dynasty, he was on every song but two or three. That's a Jay album in my book and that album is fire.

And of course the collab albums don't go in the same category but either way, those are on his resume and he was pushing them. That Collision Course had wpipo going crazy.

I personally didn't rock with the in my lifetime projects besides vol 1 and that Roc la familia project

Kingdom Come and Magna Carta are the two unlistenable Jay albums for me

The Dynasty album aged pretty well for me

I hated Kingdom Come for years like everyone else but I was checking it one day and I liked half the album. It's definitely towards the bottom but it ain't as bad in my book. About to look it up now.

The Prelude - FIRE
Oh My God - FORGETTABLE
Kingdom Come - ONE OF MY FAVORITE JAY SONGS
Show Me What You Got - ONE OF JAY'S WORST SONGS EVER
Lost One - COOL
Do U Wanna Ride - SUPER GARBAGE
30 Something - NO THANKS
I Made It - NO THANKS
Anything - TRASH BUT I LIKE THE HOOK
Hollywood - SUPER GARBAGE
Trouble - FIRE
Dig a Hole - FIRE