The Combat Jack Show Thread

The Cardi discussion was actually interesting. I was annoyed with how Joe didn't understand what Mal was saying.

The funny stuff is that part of this rant is what Mal was saying.

Joe has always been complimentary of Cardi. It was weird how she included Joe and Access Hollywood. I don't think she was going at them.

She's going to start turning off her fans with the whining and complaining.

Nah she's just on the clock but with her I feel it's different. I don't think she needs another bodak yellow or super smash at all. She did get "lucky" with one and made a legit transition.

From somebody that completely didn't know how to rap to a multi millionaire is pretty impressive. It's just amazing with all the connects and money it's still rather difficult to find a producer to give her another hit. Makes me think the music industry is harder than it seems.

To be completely honest I don't think the hottest producer right now could give her a hit and it take off. In this era it feels like much more is needed but maybe I know nothing. It's still about hit records right?

I think artist get lucky with the first hit. Then the labels push a couple of more semi hits after, making the public think they're bigger than they actually are. It's really because they used their favors and pull to get them played and pushed. Plus they were new to fans and interesting. It leads to an album, and depending on the album the label determines if they think the artist is long term.

You can't tell me Fetty Wap had a smash hit and so called two or three other songs in the top of the charts and went ice cold in a matter of a year if everything is on the up and up.

In his case, it was definitely the label .

He had Trap Queen, 679, My Way, My Way Remix with Drake, and Again. All hits. They were dumb to release all of those as singles for his first album, when they could've stretched it out.

She need to stop this ****

I agree only because you can’t control what people say about you and she’s too famous/rich to care in my opinion but if you read the comments under these videos the people love her for keeping it real. All the women who are mothers talking about I’d feel the same about my kids.

she’s had SO much success SO fast & got a husband and a baby in the middle of it there’s no need to react to everything.
I agree with Mal. She never saw this coming this quick so she’s taking advantage of it all. I’m not mad at it. Most folks would do the same. She’s said before she’s in music for the money.

Cardi hit a lick. She might have liked rap music, but I don't remember her ever wanting to be a rapper. She just wanted to get off the pole and out the hood. And finally after all those L&HH chicks they tried to turn in to artist they finally got one. She had the personality, women liked her from instagram and she had the ability to flow.

She went from 0 to 100.

You can say Lil Nas X was like that, but he was trying to be an artist. Most have been trying to be rappers for years. You maybe aren't prepared for it, but you have been working and dreaming of it.

I always felt like Cardi was trying anything to monetize her instagram fame.

Cardi hit a lick. She might have liked rap music, but I don't remember her ever wanting to be a rapper. She just wanted to get off the pole and out the hood. And finally after all those L&HH chicks they tried to turn in to artist they finally got one. She had the personality, women liked her from instagram and she had the ability to flow.

She went from 0 to 100.

You can say Lil Nas X was like that, but he was trying to be an artist. Most have been trying to be rappers for years. You maybe aren't prepared for it, but you have been working and dreaming of it.

I always felt like Cardi was trying anything to monetize her instagram fame.

You’re kinda projecting here bro. Lil Nas X didn’t grow up working and dreaming of being an artist lol

He was an Internet comedian turned viral meme maker that ran a Nicki Minaj Stan account. He said he was going viral etc but felt like he didn’t have anything to promote after the viral **** so he decided to give music a try :lol:

Cardi arguably worked longer/harder at being a legit artist by linking up w DJs/songwriters, putting out mixtapes etc. They were both equally trying to find something to monetize their social media notoriety tho

91111AFE-D732-4A9B-980D-FAEF5D272500.jpeg

This cringe even as jokes :lol: :smh:

I think artist get lucky with the first hit. Then the labels push a couple of more semi hits after, making the public think they're bigger than they actually are. It's really because they used their favors and pull to get them played and pushed. Plus they were new to fans and interesting. It leads to an album, and depending on the album the label determines if they think the artist is long term.

You can't tell me Fetty Wap had a smash hit and so called two or three other songs in the top of the charts and went ice cold in a matter of a year if everything is on the up and up.

I think he fell off because that and because it wasn't nothing exceptional about him. Like people woke like "Aye it's a few dudes that what he does but a lot better".

PNB Rock doesn't have a "Trap Queen" mega hit but he has outlasted Fetty.

You’re kinda projecting here bro. Lil Nas X didn’t grow up working and dreaming of being an artist lol

He was an Internet comedian turned viral meme maker that ran a Nicki Minaj Stan account. He said he was going viral etc but felt like he didn’t have anything to promote after the viral **** so he decided to give music a try :lol:

Cardi arguably worked longer/harder at being a legit artist by linking up w DJs/songwriters, putting out mixtapes etc. They were both equally trying to find something to monetize their social media notoriety tho

Do you know what projecting means?

Do you know what Lil Nas X wanted to do? He bought the beat himself and began promoting it himself before it caught on. It wasn't even the formula rap song that everybody is doing.

Cardi had a platform and hundreds of thousands of followers on instagram. Did she ever rap? That was the storyline for her on L&HH because every season that becomes a story of someone on the show trying to make it in music. Cyn even tried it.

I think he fell off because that and because it wasn't nothing exceptional about him. Like people woke like "Aye it's a few dudes that what he does but a lot better".

PNB Rock doesn't have a "Trap Queen" mega hit but he has outlasted Fetty.

If he had four real hits he should be considered exceptional, because nobody had done that before.

I think they were label created hits. He did all these streaming numbers and couldn't do arenas or even sell an album. So who were all these people streaming him? And were they streaming him because they liked the song, because "everybody" was playing the songs or imaginary people were playing the songs? You come out with four or five songs on the chart and I'm thinking you're on some Thriller type projection, because most artist barely get two singles.

Just like Wayne supposedly sold 500,000 his first week. Someone who sells 500,000 should be headlining arenas. That didn't happen though. Even with his past history and fan base. He was only behind Travis Scott and Drake. But none of what happen after his album added up to what they said his album did number wise.

In this streaming era a lot of stuff is funny and doesn't add up.

If he had four real hits he should be considered exceptional, because nobody had done that before.

I think they were label created hits. He did all these streaming numbers and couldn't do arenas or even sell an album. So who were all these people streaming him? And were they streaming him because they liked the song, because "everybody" was playing the songs or imaginary people were playing the songs? You come out with four or five songs on the chart and I'm thinking you're on some Thriller type projection, because most artist barely get two singles.

Just like Wayne supposedly sold 500,000 his first week. Someone who sells 500,000 should be headlining arenas. That didn't happen though. Even with his past history and fan base. He was only behind Travis Scott and Drake. But none of what happen after his album added up to what they said his album did number wise.

In this streaming era a lot of stuff is funny and doesn't add up.

Fetty Wap preceded the streaming era.

He was only four years ago and he was winning awards in to 2016

He did 80 in album sales and 50 streaming.

He was winning awards for his work in 14/15.

The Streaming era didn’t really start until 2016. Fetty Wap hits were from early 2014 to mid 2015. All of them. He just struck gold as a singles artist...caught lightening in a bottle...and never really put in effort as a project artist.

Yeah Fetty is lazy. The only song after his four hits to pop was only because it was popular in an instagram challenge. One of the first Instagram challenges too

He was winning awards for his work in 14/15.

The Streaming era didn’t really start until 2016. Fetty Wap hits were from early 2014 to mid 2015. All of them. He just struck gold as a singles artist...caught lightening in a bottle...and never really put in effort as a project artist.

What?

His album came out in September of 2015.

He was winning Billboard streaming awards in 2016
American Music Awards in 2016

How long have Apple Music and Spotify been around?

Do you know what projecting means?

Do you know what Lil Nas X wanted to do? He bought the beat himself and began promoting it himself before it caught on. It wasn't even the formula rap song that everybody is doing.

Cardi had a platform and hundreds of thousands of followers on instagram. Did she ever rap? That was the storyline for her on L&HH because every season that becomes a story of someone on the show trying to make it in music. Cyn even tried it.

Bro Lil Nas X said he started making music Summer 2018 :lol:

You talking like this is just some regular kid who been in his bedroom dreaming of being an artist for years.

When in reality this dude is responsible for some of the biggest memes to exist on Twitter and literally already had a platform with hundreds of thousands of followers as well :lol: :smh:

He made a meme song capitalizing on a already popular twitter trend (yeehaw agenda/black cowboy) and then used his multiple meme accounts/platforms to distribute hundreds of memes to promote the song with the help of other popular meme/Internet personalities.

He’s more like Cardi than he isn’t. Her defining attribute is her personality/character, his is humor and ability to create viral memes. They both already had popular non music platforms that they leveraged into a career. He just popped off on his first swing while Cardi had to try and go the more traditional route.

Back
Top Bottom