The Combat Jack Show Thread

So you admittedly don’t care about what’s popping w the young crowd

But on here debating the validity of artists who got popping off social media/the young crowd :lol:

Edit: you telling me your limited anecdotal social circle is the barometer for what is and isn’t buzzing in the music industry, aight bro :lol: :smh:

So you agreed with dude saying those 2 people are not 100% organic. So what was all your typing for? That's all I said. :lol:

You do not need to be a super duper insider to see what's going on with some of these artists. Having artists pander to a certain demo ain't something unheard. Forcing a artist or forcing a image ain't something you have to be a industry person to see.

So you agreed with dude saying those 2 people are not 100% organic. So what was all your typing for? That's all I said. :lol:

You do not need to be a super duper insider to see what's going on with some of these artists. Having artists pander to a certain demo ain't something unheard. Forcing a artist or forcing a image ain't something you have to be a industry person to see.

Bro this is a business at the end of the day, nobody is 100% organic :lol:

Every major artist getting a push, that’s the whole point. We talking about 2 basically pop artists at that. They hitting a lot more spaces than say the average popping rapper.

None of this stuff make you a industry plant tho, including heavily marketing yourself/pandering to a target audience. You basically describing the entire music industry

Every major artist getting a push, that’s the whole point. We talking about 2 basically pop artists at that. They hitting a lot more spaces than say the average popping rapper.

None of this stuff make you a industry plant tho, including heavily marketing yourself/pandering to a target audience. You basically describing the entire music industry

Nobody is debating whether artists get pushed or not but there is a difference and it's clear with Lil Nas and Lizzo. We can agree to disagree.

:lol: :lol: @ the daughter convo Gillie and Wallo got into

Their top 5 gangster rappers discussion was interesting. Made me think about strictly gangster rappers.

Scarface
Beans
Styles
Snoop
Spice 1

would probably be my top 5.

Which is why I don't understand why it even became a thing. Seems like a normal *** process for the popular artists you do or don't like. When I hear plant i'm thinking like the girl that did that Friday song back in the day: ie let daddy use his connections and buy the entire process for me and place me in position when I clearly have no talent , just popped up with 0 work and everyone is laughing at me. But that's not how folks use it nowadays.

don’t mention my IG on here anymore. You do it often for no reason

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

tenor.gif

Summer Walker “awkwardness” is part of her appeal tho :lol:. She’s VERY subtly intentional with it. Her appeal is a sense of relate-ability.

Let’s also remember, People grew tired of we’ll formulated, seemingly perfect rap/r&b and pop stars. This is why people got in the fake weird bag’s around a certain time. All of it is the same ****, just a different angle looking at it. Artist development of the past meant completely stripping an artist of what made them unique....in order to present them as what the label thought the consumer wanted.

The thing about being socially awkward and internet savvy is while this newer generation lacks social skills in person....they are miles ahead on branding and how to communicate and market themselves on social media. Versus the older generation who probably are personable in person...but time and time again....we see how GOOFY and out of touch they are on social media :lol:. It’s all relative. It’s like an inverse the more I think about it. A weird balance of such.

That being said...people born in that sweet spot from ‘85 to ‘92 have the best balance of both worlds imo.
’92. Last of the Mohicans.
ECAB91BF-6AD4-4FAD-93F3-639DE04EBF76.png

mytmouse76 mytmouse76
i seen u on ig
with them open toes
showing that white toe nail polish
looking all chocolaty
in that black dress
u fine
continue being blessed queen

don’t mention my IG on here anymore. You do it often for no reason
E27A8348-7573-48D8-B3B2-3056ED081003.gif

1. aint nobody stalking her on ig
2. if she got a problem
then i can easily hit the unfollow button
3. aint THAT serious
4. and if i DO mention ur ig again
what u gonna do???
block me???
i barely check ig
let alone check it for u
i was just bigging u up
when i seen u

but do u queen
stay blessed

i STAY doing that rewards point game with the cards
and STILL get everyone to pay me back :lol:
specially when u use the amex
and have offers for that spot
so u get rewards points AND cash back :pimp:

Ceelo was great on Drink Champs. Nore asked all the right questions too.

I was wondering about that and the Spitta one

I liked the Fab one

His podcast are too damn long though. Especially when they released Currensy and Fab in the same day.

but that Russ one :stoneface: Legends?

Back
Top Bottom