The Combat Jack Show Thread

:lol:

I mean I get certain rappers ain't big in certain parts of the country but Fab has had hit records/anthems since 2001. Records with Nate Dogg, Pharrell, Jeezy etc. Fab been a big name for a long time.

50's mixtapes wasn't poppin down there??

Not like that from what I seen/heard/observed, he was obviously the hottest _ everywhere when the singles and album dropped tho

Mixtapes back then was moving around in large part via word of mouth, DJs and just the streets in general. But if those networks aren’t consistently colliding then you get insularity.

Fab been big commercially but it’s not like _’s in every hood across America was bumping Fab mixtapes. So like I said, your perception of these artists can be potentially be limited to whatever they doing in the mainstream. And we know artists were doing completely different things in the mainstream vs when they would hit the underground/mixtape scene

You gotta think the music **** in general was just a lot different back then as far as access, internet/social media, etc. _’s used to legitimately find out about artists in Magazines and **** :lol:

It’s a lot easier to spread around now

NT is the only place I’ve seen Fab get killed and discredited.

Friday Night Freestyles he dropped in 2015 better than most of the **** y’all listening to.

Summertime Shootout series is all garbage

Not like that from what I seen/heard/observed, he was obviously the hottest _ everywhere when the singles and album dropped tho

Mixtapes back then was moving around in large part via word of mouth, DJs and just the streets in general. But if those networks aren’t consistently colliding then you get insularity.

Fab been big commercially but it’s not like _’s in every hood across America was bumping Fab mixtapes. So like I said, your perception of these artists can be potentially be limited to whatever they doing in the mainstream. And we know artists were doing completely different things in the mainstream vs when they would hit the underground/mixtape scene

You gotta think the music **** in general was just a lot different back then as far as access, internet/social media, etc. _’s used to legitimately find out about artists in Magazines and **** :lol:

It’s a lot easier to spread around now

Living in the DMV we didn't have a region or sound bias. So we would be up on a lot of ****. Of course Rocafella, Nas, Outkast but also from Three-6, UGK, 50's comeup, Scarface, Devin The Dude, Wayne's Squad Up tapes was poppin with a certain crowd.

It's definitely easier now but the outlets we had back then worked. The Source, XXL, was popular magazines. Rap City, 106 etc.

Living in the DMV we didn't have a region or sound bias. So we would be up on a lot of ****. Of course Rocafella, Nas, Outkast but also from Three-6, UGK, 50's comeup, Scarface, Devin The Dude, Wayne's Squad Up tapes was poppin with a certain crowd.

It's definitely easier now but the outlets we had back then worked. The Source, XXL, was popular magazines. Rap City, 106 etc.

Yeah I hear this from a bunch of DMV ppl, seem like _’s really was on everything out there :lol:

Seem like it was pretty similar for the Midwest, I think they was getting a lot more West Coast **** than the DMV tho

Idk, man, I liked Fab growing up but around my way, we only listened to and knew of his mainstream ****.

I’ll put it like this, wasn’t NO ONE around me saying “Yo, put that new Fab on” when I was coming of age in the mid to late 2000’s in southern CA.

Idk, man, I liked Fab growing up but around my way, we only listened to and knew of his mainstream ****.

I’ll put it like this, wasn’t NO ONE around me saying “Yo, put that new Fab on” when I was coming of age in the mid to late 2000’s in southern CA.
Us being in Cali can say that for a lot of NY artists and artists in general, but Fab a legend to me off of longevity alone. The Soul Tape is still hard

Yeah I hear this from a bunch of DMV ppl, seem like _’s really was on everything out there :lol:

Seem like it was pretty similar for the Midwest, I think they was getting a lot more West Coast **** than the DMV tho

Big facts. Like, we was in tune with a lot of regions, and appreciated what they brought to the table. Being mid Atlantic...and I guess mid west can explain it.

*****s really messed with everything. No bias. And then the sub genres within our own music. We really got to see the rap game from an outside, unbiased view.....since we didn’t have any rappers really popping on a major level from out here.....but still being a market that every artist needs to touch in a major way. *****s would really go from bumping boom bap to country tunes like it’s nothing. Seamlessly, and appreciate it for what it was.

I think that’s the disconnect sometimes.

Did anyone talk about this?

He has a project coming out next week.

or this

She wanted to talk abut Jay-Z the whole time.

But her husband didn't kneel and plays in the NFL. :lol:

Wallo saying Ice Cream :lol: and Gillie not getting it.

That story about him tryna get Dame to direct a episode of Tales is crazy. This _ Dame really is delusional with that "I'm the boss" attitude. His strength is also his weakness.

Something is wrong with Dame.

Dude can't get out of his own way and burns too many bridges.

Makes sense, there isn't another Spotify exclusive podcast thats really poppin like those guys. But this is a good look

:lol: Dude too much of a boss for an artistic passion project with his friend.

And see that's another reason why everybody that has worked for him has horror stories. A lot of 'em got the same story. "Dame is my guy but once he started talking crazy to me I was out...". A lot of people got away from him because he got this ego thing like he wanna run other people and talk however he wants. You can't be a good leader w/o listening to other people. Even if they're "underneath you".

Back
Top Bottom