The Combat Jack Show Thread

Last season I tried watching just to laugh at Joe, but that **** is unbearable.

I want to watch, so I will know what they're referring too, but because he was preaching a lot of it is fake before that. I can't.

**** crazy how people will be pushing 50 still on shows like that.

What should they be doing?

like cant play with my yoyo
THAT yoyo???

Don't act like you don't follow her.

**** some of them making six figures and some of them need any kind of job they can get.

They used to get good bags hosting clubs, but that's not what it was

I thought that when I saw it. So that's who Joe was talking too. It's cool Charlamagne got him. I actually respect Joe for having him, because he's not exactly the most woke brotha. I never understood the NOI/Malcom thing, it was akin to Tupac/Suge. If you're going to kill someone and you're close to them, you have a lot more available opportunities where it can be more easily carried out

I mentioned the David Banner podcast a couple of months ago. I knew people would realize he had a pod when I saw Benny was on it :lol:

Mal not realizing that Honduras is a third world country. :stoneface: People come to America because of their conditions. Dude acts like it's the Bronx from the 70's.

The Chance discussion was a good one. Is it possible to go from arenas back down to smaller venues and back to arenas? Maybe act like it was intentional, to have it in a more intimate setting? I always thought Chance had a smart team around him. Who thought that last album was a good idea and would work?

I understand having the Andre 3000 mind set, but just go with what works if anything.

I thought that when I saw it. So that's who Joe was talking too. It's cool Charlamagne got him. I actually respect Joe for having him, because he's not exactly the most woke brotha. I never understood the NOI/Malcom thing, it was akin to Tupac/Suge. If you're going to kill someone and you're close to them, you have a lot more available opportunities where it can be more easily carried out

I mentioned the David Banner podcast a couple of months ago. I knew people would realize he had a pod when I saw Benny was on it :lol:

Mal not realizing that Honduras is a third world country. :stoneface: People come to America because of their conditions. Dude acts like it's the Bronx from the 70's.

The Chance discussion was a good one. Is it possible to go from arenas back down to smaller venues and back to arenas? Maybe act like it was intentional, to have it in a more intimate setting? I always thought Chance had a smart team around him. Who thought that last album was a good idea and would work?

I understand having the Andre 3000 mind set, but just go with what works if anything.

Going with what "works" gotta feel like slavery to a true artist tho. also people having him in the GOAT convo isn't going to help because people are gonna expect a certain version of Andre & if it's not what they want the bashing will come

Going with what "works" gotta feel like slavery to a true artist tho. also people having him in the GOAT convo isn't going to help because people are gonna expect a certain version of Andre & if it's not what they want the bashing will come

I was more comparing Chance's situation with Andre's. Chance should have just tried to do what worked for Coloring Book. Instead he seems to have turned in to a gimmick chaser. Everyone has to try and show how creative they are instead of concentrating on the album.

I think that's where ghost writers, reference tracks and buying already crafted songs comes in.

I understand Andre completely. I always thought he was like Lauryn Hill and Jay Elec and never expected an album.

I was more comparing Chance's situation with Andre's. Chance should have just tried to do what worked for Coloring Book. Instead he seems to have turned in to a gimmick chaser. Everyone has to try and show how creative they are instead of concentrating on the album.

I think that's where ghost writers, reference tracks and buying already crafted songs comes in.

I understand Andre completely. I always thought he was like Lauryn Hill and Jay Elec and never expected an album.

Yea in chances case i think they leaned in way too heavily on that "persona" around him and they officially marked him off as corny, but i can't really be mad at his team because from Coloring book up to the last project he ATE, homie getting paid 500K a pop for that Netflix show, was doing Kit Kat commercials, all sorts of merch. They went all in & if the bag is what they wanted then his team surely didn't fail him

I don't think Charlamagne bringing the NOI brother up is foul at all, Charlamagne been sharing the BC platform with cats don't get no shine on other media for awhile now,

BC has a way different demo then Joe and this is important info that needs to be spread

pretty much confirms that the NOI reached out to him after they heard Mal saying Malcolm was killed by the Nation on Joe’s podcast. People have been saying CTG “stole” the interview from Joe, when in reality he was just opening up an additional platform for the Nation. TBC been having brothers on the show for years, so it’s a bs narrative to pitch.

He only talks about it for about 4 mins so I’d recommend listening for yourselves if you care to know what’s up.

Sounds like Schultz got a nice little bag for Comeday special he announced on TBI. Ya still think breakfast club is splitting up?

Back
Top Bottom