The Combat Jack Show Thread

I watched it, him saying it was more Un in Cam ear like your boy gonna charge you? That makes sense cause I’m sure that was more money for Un.

I want to hear the Brandy story.

I can’t play Horse and Carriage now, song annoys the hell out of me. Loved it as a kid.

I watched it, him saying it was more Un in Cam ear like your boy gonna charge you? That makes sense cause I’m sure that was more money for Un.

I want to hear the Brandy story.

I can’t play Horse and Carriage now, song annoys the hell out of me. Loved it as a kid.

Yeah, and I still wonder how Un lost that deal. I don't think Cam's first album sold platinum like Cam says, but I think it did ok.

I also think it showed the differences in people and expectations, Cardan appreciated the opportunity and how Mase didn't have to set them up.

Now it seems like older Cam appreciates certain things, like him reflecting on writing for Foxy's brother.

It's funny because Joe played that Keith Sweat remix, and that was Cardan on that verse he was referring too.

Since Cam was mentioned

Jim is a hustler

I didn't know he was also getting 5% from Cam's management deal.

He's the number one hype man, because nobody else did more than him. I know Flav on the low plays mad instruments, but Jim went from a hypeman to having a top ten song, exec, director...

tenor.gif

Figured that kinda looked like Silver Spring.

First time I listed to Joe Budden in almost a month...and this ASAP convo is about to make it the last.

Mal is unbearable man. Getting dangerously close to Marisa levels.

First time I listed to Joe Budden in almost a month...and this ASAP convo is about to make it the last.

Mal is unbearable man. Getting dangerously close to Marisa levels.

Him and Rory lost me talking about the Meek/Drake beef or whatever taking steam away from his album. I like a couple joints off it, and that beef may have distracted people, but I also vividly remember a lot of people saying that his album was trash and not what they wanted to hear from him.

Him and Rory lost me talking about the Meek/Drake beef or whatever taking steam away from his album. I like a couple joints off it, and that beef may have distracted people, but I also vividly remember a lot of people saying that his album was trash and not what they wanted to hear from him.
I remember
That song with both of them
On the album was starting to get played a lot
Then when the beef started
Never heard it again
The marketing for the album seemed to stop
Didn’t really hear stuff from it on the radio after

Anyone listen to Ray J on Drink Champs?

It was a polarizing album it seems. It didn't adhere to one formula. I and some others liked it.

I remember
Never heard it again

I remember this too.

TESTING was very underwhelming. Only tracks I liked were Gunz N Butter, OG Beeper and **** Sleep.

I remember
Never heard it again

I remember this too.

Mal & Rory were correct in their assessment, i personally didn't like the album but a lot of people did & it was definitely anticipated a lot by a certain demo of hiphop. I also think the Drake Pusha beef popping off completely took any discussion away from it on a huge mainstream level.

Joe was talking as if there was 0 interest in Rocky's project

Joe obviously has animosity towards Rocky. He always talks about him like he used to talk about Big Sean before they talked.

And that album had a terrible roll out and came out in a bad time.

Jim is a hustler

I didn't know he was also getting 5% from Cam's management deal.

He's the number one hype man, because nobody else did more than him. I know Flav on the low plays mad instruments, but Jim went from a hypeman to having a top ten song, exec, director...

Adapted to every era and a trend setter.

He dressing like this in 05-06 when it was tall tees and super baggy jeans

Back
Top Bottom