The Combat Jack Show Thread

QueenzFlip called into Starr show :lol: . Flip sayin he lyin but it sound like it may be true.

Weeknd and PND crews ran into each other and was tryna get it lit at one of those OVO store openings years back, I thought they lil “beef” had died down since then

PND v. Weeknd comparisons weird to me tho, dudes don’t even make the same music aside from it being “moody” :lol:

PND style is what Bryson Tiller and all them dudes hopped into, way more rap/trap influenced vs what Weeknd tryna do

W/o the Weeknd you probably don't get a PND or Bryson to draw from. It's definitely similarities in sound and image. Weeknd was getting looks and shoutouts from trap rappers. Doing records with Juicy J and ****. His sound was looked at as a dark/street/savage version of R&B on HOB, Thursday and EOS. That's why _'s related and rocked with him so tough.

Kanye running Def Jam anywhere from like 2010 till 2014 would have been WILD.

By Yeezus he was already so deep into the fashion. But imagine corporation beefing Kanye as the CEO of ****in Def Jam. That just woulda been entertaining as ****.

Never got into Party. Always thought he was a poor man’s Weeknd.

its hilarious to see the decade long denial of him peaking with PND1 and PND2.

It’s literally gon be 2024 and ****** gon still be waiting for him to be “back” :lol:

At the end, he said G Money signed a deal as well. Hard to tell what's going on, but it looks like something will be happening soon.

It makes sense, because they stopped uploading to Apple two times a week and then released them all at once suddenly. That's normally what happens.

But I can't see them getting that much, because they have a niche and they are sort of local.

The Peedi and Tone Trump parts I watched are solid.

The NERVE of Drake to have that Kanye Bar on the Pusha diss, when the sole purpose of OVO is to deliver him records :lol: .

What he claimed Ye did to Virgil was a lie, but it is exactly what he did to the Weeknd also.

If that happened, I prolly won't tune back in to the show. I can't listen to Wallo for long

Weeknd and PND crews ran into each other and was tryna get it lit at one of those OVO store openings years back, I thought they lil “beef” had died down since then

PND v. Weeknd comparisons weird to me tho, dudes don’t even make the same music aside from it being “moody” :lol:

PND style is what Bryson Tiller and all them dudes hopped into, way more rap/trap influenced vs what Weeknd tryna do
Yeah there was actually video of this.

The NERVE of Drake to have that Kanye Bar on the Pusha diss, when the sole purpose of OVO is to deliver him records :lol: .

What he claimed Ye did to Virgil was a lie, but it is exactly what he did to the Weeknd also.

speaking of drake / pusha.... they old manager said all clipse raps was about him

“Your brother said it was your cousin, then him, then you, so you don’t rap what you did, you just rap what you knew / Don’t be ashamed, it’s plenty ****** that do what you do / There’s no malice in your heart, you’re an approachable dude.”

Back
Top Bottom